UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Garden Fred 2013

merledogs

I can post pics of snow but that is all at the moment lol. There were lots of bulbs coming up last week but they have been covered in snow since the weekend. The snowdrops and primroses were in bloom, and there were buds on the hellebores, but nothing else yet

Thank you for the new thread. I didn't get round to planting any bulbs this year, so am keeping my fingers crossed there might be a few stray bulbs in the beds that haven't been eaten from last year!!

I am looking forward to seeing others *blooming* gardens x

my gardens are completely neglected!!!! my lawn has been replaced by mud again, the bark chippings need replacing/ topping up again and i didn't do anything much last year....i will try harder this year but i can only have pretty flowers out the front as diez is allergic to stings so i can't encourage insects into the back garden.

i will look forward to everyones pretty pictures again

Griff so is our garden!

Ruby hasn't been bothered enough to do it what with the awful depression she's had for the last 3 years or so and now just never gets the time and I am just physically unable to attempt much.

I often look back to the photos of it several years ago when it was in it's prime and get quite sad.

Mind you the bird life seem to enjoy it even more in it's rather neglected state and I get a lot of enjoyment from watching them!

I shall enjoy follow this garden fred to admire others efforts :)

• 3 weeks later...

My daffs aren't big enough yet either! And the ones in the front garden never will be if the neighbours don't stop putting their fat feet on them. I have procured some small trellis to discourage them!

Baby girl is getting married in September and wants Sweetpeas. I can devote a corner of the garden to grow them and wondered if you all have any advice. I think September is the end of the season for them but my idea was to grow them through out the summer so that she can have sweet peas on the run up to the wedding. I usually buy them as seedling from the garden centre but if I plant seed can I grow them later? :)

My daffs aren't big enough yet either! And the ones in the front garden never will be if the neighbours don't stop putting their fat feet on them. I have procured some small trellis to discourage them!

Baby girl is getting married in September and wants Sweetpeas. I can devote a corner of the garden to grow them and wondered if you all have any advice. I think September is the end of the season for them but my idea was to grow them through out the summer so that she can have sweet peas on the run up to the wedding. I usually buy them as seedling from the garden centre but if I plant seed can I grow them later? :)

you can but they need heat to germinate and protection until hardened off

http://www.sweetpeas.org.uk/how.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/basics/techniques/growflowers_trainsweetpeas1.shtml

Edited by blackmagic
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have moved recently and need advice with my garden. I have taken some photos but cant work out how to get them from my laptop onto the thread (it is sooooo long since I have added photos)

It is a small yard type garden and I really need help with what I could put in there in tubs etc. Hopefully I can get the photos on here later and then Alex will come along and give me some advice :) :)

• Like 1

Thanks I had completely forgotten :)

right here are the photos of my manky garden!!! The random table and rubbish will be cleared obvioulsy. If anyone has any ideas of nice things to do in it I am extremely interested to hear

garden3_zpsf0e18b4f.jpg

Outside the back door towards the garden

garden1_zps15e7fd8f.jpg

From steps looking up garden

garden2_zpsbf31b0c1.jpg

from shed looking towards house

HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!