UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

first a pair of hefty squirrels in 2011

I was a 16/18 and that shirt was full of tummy and I mean full of tummy , I had more rolls than greggs the bakers

40572_457848046065_4964518_n_zps0b3c567a

and now , Sri Lankan formal dress is pretty unforgiving so I am rather pleased to have ditched at least 2.5 stone

7275_10151454192782611_840071096_n_zpsc6

1016387_10151522139642611_243404371_n_zp

informal is pretty unforgiving as well actually

993764_10151635392444470_1321127738_n_zp

I am now a 10/12

You look fab Sam :biggrin:

I have gone from a 14 to an 8-10 :) I ordered a bikini for my hols a few weeks ago, they only had an 8 or a 12. I knew the 12 would be too big, so went for the 8. It's a perfect fit :) I also ordered shorts, but they had a size 10 in those, so I knew I was safe and they also fit ok (if not very short!)

You all look great :cheer:

I am still managing to maintain at just under 9 stone which I feel is about right for me,

This was me 3 years ago.

20843942-01e3-4bba-9cc1-072e6a2b4878.jpg

This is me now.

e8e85b1e-bb6c-4497-ab63-f5faf610024a.jpg

I was a size 18 and am now a 10 on the bottom half and a 12 /14 up top and weigh 3 and a half stone lighter.

• Like 1

Well done Vonny, you look fab :biggrin:

I wasn't huge before I started, I weighed in at 10 stone, but am now down to 8 and a half stone :) As I feel better about myself, I have haircuts more often and actually get my nails and eyebrows done regularly, which is something I never used to do. It's amazing what a difference just losing 1 and a half stone makes to your confidence :)

I don't have any before photos and I'm not 'after' yet lol

I haven't run since July :( didnt realise it was that long and don't feel great about it. But went out with new man this morning and did about 3miles. He was very encouraging and kept me going!! He then carried on and did another 6 miles

Well done Loobie, a 3 mile run after a break is good going. I don't think I could run 3 miles :)

Aqua fit was cancelled tonight, but didn't find out till was already in the pool, so I decided to see how many lengths I could do. I did 20, could have done more, but I got bored :rolleyes: Don't know how I used to do 100 lengths 3x per week :unsure:

All the gym instructors were on a course on Monday, and Mr Grumpy was told in front of all the other instructors that he was doing his squats wrong (he was rounding his shoulders). Of course that has now led to them all really taking the mick out of him, which I joined in on :) Unfortunately this meant that he gave us millions of squats to do in strength and conditioning on Tuesday :rolleyes:

my PT really pushed me today with rear lunges whilst pushing up a 6kg kettle bell single handed , followed by the most evil core TRX exercises know to man followed by a discussion on the risks of overtraining muscles and addiction to Endorphins

I told him in no uncertain terms after todays exercises I was highly unlikely to overtrain or indeed get any Endorphins let alone get addicted to them

10 mile run completed for tonight in 1hr 52 including time to re tie stupid laces and stop off to buy a bottle of water!!

After getting sick of retying laces on a certain pair of trainers I bought these xtentex laces. They are brilliant, no more problems with laces coming loose. As they are elastic you can slip your trainers on without "undoing" or anything, which I figure will come in handy when I eventually do a triathlon too.

My trainer is back after a month away. We had our first session yesterday morning, my body knows all about it today. However I did manage to stay exactly the same weight whilst she was away, which given the stressful shitty month I've had I'm relieved about. Does prove that I have indeed made some permanent changes though I guess which is good. Time to just get on with things now though.

Went for an easy short run this morning with a friend and the spaniels to try and ease the stiffness in my legs. Managed the run OK, but think my legs are now more stiff than before.

• Like 1