UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

You managed to talk whilst running 10K :unsure: :laugh:

Well done on your training in the sun :)

I only did a little workout today, just 15 mins on the cross trainer and 20 mins on the bike. However Tuesday is going to be hard going - Mr Grumpy has taken over the insane class, and I really enjoy that class, so this week I have added it to my 3 classes I already do. If it's too much doing that one too, I won't do it again, however I thought I would give it a go :)

null-7.jpg

Uhm yes, if I didn't talk I could run faster but after a rushed day it was nice to have a chat and enjoy the scenery.

That looks tough going Jayne, good luck!

I am meant to be doing a long run tomorrow, which probably means I should be heading to bed!!

Lol! I struggle to talk when I am running at any speed, so am impressed you could talk at all :)

I think Tuesday will be hard going. The abs class first thing will be the hardest class as I haven't done it for 2 weeks. I have done the other classes this week, so they *should* be ok and not kill me too much :unsure:

I have survived my 4 gym class day :biggrin:

Started off with evil abs class - there were only 3 of us in it, one of the women who did it is an older lady and was complaining it was too difficult, then said that when she was on holiday she climbed Mt. Vesuvius. At which point the instructor told her if she could do that, he was sure she could manage a plank :laugh:

Then this afternoon was Fitball with Mr G, which was ok, then Cycle Blast with Mr G, which was pretty tough going - lots of burpees and squats etc between the cycle parts. Last it was strength and conditioning with Mr grumpy, again it was pretty tough going, my knee hurt a bit towards the end, so on Mr G's advice, I am putting ice on it to make it better again :)

Jayne I am amazed your gym allows you to 4 book classes in a day especially 3 back to back , you need to slow down you will get injured and if your knee is starting to give you pain I am surprised all the advice you got was to put ice on to make it better again

When Mark had knee pain our trainer stopped him doing a number of things straight away , assessed his leg and gave him physio exercises for weeks and gradually re introduced him to running , he also identified why Mark was injured ( failure to cool down correctly ) and ensured he understood that he was going to bugger his knees permanently if he over did it or failed to cool down

I have an addictive personality and I have to be very careful with food as I am either obsessing about my weight and not eating enough or eating everything in sight. its taken me a long time to get a handle on it and I have to be careful with the gym as well as I can "like" that as much as eating ( or not eating )

The balance for me has been working out in a controlled manner and eating in a controlled manner to compliment that , if I don't work out for a while i start to not care and won't do it , if I work out too much I want to work out more so I have to be aware of that

please please please be careful 4 classes a day really is a lot

Thanks Sam, I will be careful - all the classes make you warm up and cool down properly (which is something I am guilty of not doing when on my own in the gym). My knee feels absolutely fine today and is not swollen at all, so I probably just had it at a slightly wrong angle whilst doing the squat walks :)

If the classes become too much, I will be knocking Tuesday Strength and Conditioning on the head, as it is also on a Thursday, so I can do that one instead :)

Thanks Sam, I will be careful - all the classes make you warm up and cool down properly (which is something I am guilty of not doing when on my own in the gym). My knee feels absolutely fine today and is not swollen at all, so I probably just had it at a slightly wrong angle whilst doing the squat walks :)

If the classes become too much, I will be knocking Tuesday Strength and Conditioning on the head, as it is also on a Thursday, so I can do that one instead :)

thats good to hear , I wouldn't want you getting knackered when there is a holiday on the horizon

Mark will tell you the cool down is mega important , he tried to skip it and really really stuffed his knee and now he is a real convert !

After nearly 28 years of being an exercise dodger, my body is quite good at telling me when it has had enough :laugh: I love the cool down stretches we do, they always feel really nice on my muscles. Definitely don't want to break myself before my hols - need to keep up a decent level of exercise so I don't look like a whale on the beach in my bikini :laugh:

My trainer is on holiday now until september so I'm on my own! I've gone for 2 runs with a friend so far this week. Supposedly this morning's run was 3.5miles which we completed in 34mins...I think something went wrong with my watch or something because I can't believe I was that quick, although it was tough in places it felt too OK to have been averaging that speed I think :worried:

I started on my Total Immersion drills in the pool at lunchtime yesterday. Not a complete disaster and it highlighted some bad habits that now I'm aware of I can fix- hopefully.

So all in all so far this week without a trainer has not been so bad, I've done at least one session a day either running or biking and on a couple I've got in a 2nd session.

Contemplating what to do for a 2nd session today. I've got a training walk with a client at 6.30 and agility with Breckin tonight after that so need to squeeze something in before the training walk. Maybe a bike.

I am quite looking forward to a run on my own again tomorrow morning though. I do enjoy running with others but sometimes its nice to just let everything go and just run

• Like 1