UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

My legs are broken :laugh: I did Fitball last night with Mr G and he hammered my legs, tonight I did the crazy strength and conditioning class with Mr Grumpy and it has killed my legs :laugh: Lots of squats/burpees/jump squats and horrid things :unsure:

Well done Amy :)

My classes do kill me, but get less painful over time :) One thing to make you all laugh, was we had to do squats on the bosu ball - this is a bosu ball http://bosu.com/ Mr Grumpy made us do it do we were stood on the flat part and the round bit was on the floor. It took me about 30 seconds to stand on the damn thing, but I couldn't let go of the wall. Then when it was time to do our squats between stations, I couldn't get off :biglaugh: Thankfully Mr Grumpy was stood nearby so I asked him to come and rescue me :laugh: :rolleyes:

Am not a happy bunny - my Monday Fitball class has been replaced by a Bollywood dancing class called Just Jhoom as of the end of July. Bear in mind that it is the only Fitball class after 5pm and has quite good attendance, am not really sure why they have cancelled it for this other class! I might have to try and get to tone and shape on a Monday instead :rolleyes:

I did my first outdoor run here this morning and it was challenging to say the least

not because I have not run for 8 weeks although that didn't help

because some of the street dogs decided to run with me, at one point I had 5 dogs and they were from different areas so grumbling at each other , so I decided to lose them by taking a detour via the elephant foundation and got to wave at all the elephants in their beds

also no one runs here and I forgot its sunday so all the children were on the way to Sunday school and I met heaps of people , I also met my neighbour walking his buffalo so not sure who was more surprised me or him

I think I might be the village talking point for a few days

:laugh: definitely sounds more fun than pounding away on the treadmill :)

Strength and conditioning class tonight, blimey it was hard work. Lots and lots of squat thrusts today, which I imagine is fine if you don't sweat profusely, but when you sweat at the drop of a hat, it's not fun :rolleyes: I didn't get shouted at much either, however when we were doing one set of the squat thrusts, James stood right by my shoulder yelling at me to keep going and counting - he certainly knows how to motivate you :)

I ended up doing crazy strength and conditioning class last night instead of cardio. I got to the gym about 5 minutes before it started and Mr Grumpy asked if I was doing the class. I said no, as it was full and he told me to ask James if I could do it anyway. He said yes, so I ended up doing the class. The warm up was 50 burpees, 50 squat thrusts and 30 pressups. That was before we moved onto the stations :rolleyes: :laugh: I ended up partnered with 2 blokes, and the older one commented on how well I was doing :biggrin: Never thought I would say that a 1 legged plank would be an easy rest station :laugh: