UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Am getting so frustrated with being poorly. This is the longest I have been still for years :angry: I am really missing my workouts, but as I can't even walk from my bed to the loo without nearly passing out, there is no way I could go to the gym :rolleyes: On a positive note, the fact I can't actually eat anything should help to shrink my bum :laugh:

They have offered bless em, but they have taken the boys to hydro for me today and they are sorting Blue out for me too. Didn't want mum to have to spend her Mother's Day looking after me :rolleyes: Am now wondering if I have any tomato soup in the cupboard - that mends anything :biggrin:

Well done on the running Sam, that is amazing :partytime:

Well done Sam.

Get well soon Jayne.

Yes I'm well Mary. Had another great horse riding lesson yesterday. Instructor is very pleased with my progress. He was telling everyone else in the class to watch my quiet hands when trotting. I was beaming :) And I'm not a bit stiff today :)

Winter has arrived back here. Gale force winds with snow forecast. I'm hoping I'll be able to wrap up and get out walking in the morning. I really want to see a difference on the weighing scales or the measuring tape this week as I've had no change at all since I started exercising :(

Well done on the riding Mags. A lot of new riders use the reins to balance themselves in the trot at first, leading to them moving the bit about in the horse's mouth, so it's fab that you have nice quiet hands :)

It does take time before you start seeing results when you start exercising. I remember being really annoyed when I had been working out 3x a week plus all my yard duties etc for over a month and hadn't lost any weight. It takes time for your metabolism to adjust to the exercise and start dropping the weight :)

For rapid weight loss I could recommend this damn bug thing I have, but I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy :laugh: Kind of looking forward to stepping back on the scales again and seeing if I have lost any weight :laugh: Have had to cancel fitball this evening, as I still haven't eaten much at all. Am determined to do tone and shape tomorrow though - our gym has a policy that if you cancel 3 classes in a month at short notice, that you aren't allowed to book onto any classes for a few weeks :rolleyes: As it is all done online, you can't speak to someone and tell them the reason for cancelling so you don't get a strike against your name :rolleyes: So even if I go and do bugger all apart from chat to Mr G, I have to go :rolleyes:

Wow that's fierce rule Jayne.

Well done Mags. Sadly the wight loss can be slow, but the tape measure can be an interesting way of seeing changes.

My thighs went up in size when I started running...they are now coming down. It does make sense when you think you have a layer of fat Over the muscle. When you start exercising you start building that muscle. Overtime the fat layer starts to reduce and they become trim and toned! My legs are prone to building muscle, not everyone does in te same way!

It will happen though! My legs are starting to look good...short but good xxx

Gooster you need to rest and recover , can your family bring you in supplies

Shame your not closer to me , you need my homemade soup :)

There is a new new squirrel land speed record :)

Today I ran 2.4km in 14.30

Now PT wants its sub 14.00

There is a new record , it nearly bloody killed me but today I ran 2.4km in

I have no idea how I am going to get those 16 seconds off ! tomorrow is a running rest day so I will try again on Thursday with a quicker start

Yes I'm well Mary. Had another great horse riding lesson yesterday. Instructor is very pleased with my progress. He was telling everyone else in the class to watch my quiet hands when trotting. I was beaming :) And I'm not a bit stiff today :)

well done , what are quite hands ? I am very interested in horse riding although I have never sat on a horse ( well except at summer fairs as a very small child )

It is a really fierce rule. I thought it would be better if you got a strike if you booked but didn't show up, but unfortunately not :rolleyes: Hopefully Mr G will be kind to me :)

Can you send Mr G a message via FB or call the gym and explain you are bed ridden ? you shouldn't be in the gym if you are poorly but you don't want to miss out once you are better

Quiet hands are basically hands that don't move all over the place. A lot of riders when first rising to the trot will move their hands up and down too, which in turn moves the bit up and down in the horse's mouth, which can cause pain. Quiet hands stay still whilst the rider rises to the trot :)

I have actually managed to leave the house this afternoon. Have bought some light coloured gym vests for next week's photoshoot and size small gym pants :biggrin: I haven't been to the loo for about 4 hours now :biggrin: I think so long as I take it easy tomorrow, all should be good as I am feeling almost back to normal :)