UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Clocked up another five miles this morning :) and got rained on again :(

well done Mags

One of the reasons I have been mentioning overtraining so much is I have been guilty of it myself !

I have been so excited at my new found love of running that I over did it a few days and failed to take proper rest periods and found my times slipping and I was suddenly unable to run distances I previously could

I took yesterday off the gym totally and today went back in to tackle my 2.4km , last two times I have attempted this I ran too fast too early and burnt out at 2km both times at under 13 minutes

today I started off a bit slower and paced myself and ran 2.4km in 15 minutes 20 seconds ,

So I know I can do 2km in 12 minutes 30 but if I want the extra .4 k currently I HAVE TO START SLOWER

My next target is to get under 15 minutes and then work out how to get that extra .4 at the same pace I can run 2 k at

Well done Sam :)

Light cardio session today, 12 mins on cross trainer (evil mode), 15 mins on the bike with interval resistances then 20 min on the treadmill at 3.9mph. I usually do 4.1mph, but as my shins have been a bit sore, I have dropped the speed and gradient I work at for a couple of weeks :)

Jayne, I have a gel here that I used on my shins because they were a bit sore when I started walking. It's called Fastum gel. I got it on prescription so don't know if it's easily available over there. My doctor prescribed it for me when my back is sore. My shins were sore on my walk on Tuesday and when I got home I rubbed the gel on and they were grand. I rubbed it on before I went for my walk yesterday and I was fine. I didn't use have to use it today. I wonder could you get something like that to help.

I got a great pedometer app on my ipod. It counts steps, shows time spent, distance traveled, speed, calories and average speed. It also gives a little chime for your distance traveled (you can set it to half mile, 1 mile, etc. or km). The free one only counts 3000 steps per day so I paid for the full version. It's called Footsteps if anyone's interested.

Thanks, I have ibuprofen gel for my RSI in my thumbs (sheesh, am I really only nearly 28 :unsure: :laugh: ), I have used that on my shins, but as they only hurt when I am on the treadmill on a gradient, haven't needed to use it much since I stopped fast gradient :) My thumbs are another matter - I swear in thousands of years that opticians will have pincers instead of a thumb and index finger :laugh:

• Like 1

Sam, you will be pleased to know I am not going to the gym today or tomorrow :) Having said that, the only reason I am not going today is because I ate something dodgy at lunch, and think if I go to the gym, I may throw up all over Mr Grumpy and make him more grumpy. So he will have to make do without my wonderful company this evening :laugh: :rolleyes:

Sam, you will be pleased to know I am not going to the gym today or tomorrow :) Having said that, the only reason I am not going today is because I ate something dodgy at lunch, and think if I go to the gym, I may throw up all over Mr Grumpy and make him more grumpy. So he will have to make do without my wonderful company this evening :laugh: :rolleyes:

not pleased you are poorly but pleased you are having a day off !

I walked a few miles around crufts today so thats my exercise today , another PT session tomorrow and I am sure he will whoop my butt ! we are having 2 sessions a week now until we leave

as I am typing this he has just texted me to tell me I am running again in the morning !