UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Fitball class done with Mr Grumpy. It was ok actually, actually managed to briefly kneel on the ball with my hands in the air! And I managed to do a couple of Pikes on the ball, which I have always failed miserably at :biggrin: Think I might try and get to the class on a regular basis, as it keeps my workout varied, doing core workout on a Monday with Deejay, fitball with Matt on a Tuesday then tone and shape with Mr G on a Wednesday. Then that leaves Thursday, Friday and Sunday for my cardio days :)

Dogstar have been invited to this event but Mark and I are in Sri Lanka

Saturday, 6th July 2013 marks the sixth anniversary of the Challenge. Since 2008 small charities and their supporters have travelled from across the UK to run, walk or even stilt walk the 10km or 4km route through the beautiful Peak District. It is free for any eligible organisation to attend. This means that they can keep all funds raised by those taking part for them.

In 2012, 220 runners and walkers descended on the Peak District for the FSI Challenge and followed the shorter or longer route around the Monsal Trail before crossing the finishing line on the lawn of Thornbridge Hall. Despite the weather there was a great atmosphere throughout the day topped by a BBQ in the camping headquarters!

This year, as well as offering 250 free places for you to fill with fundraisers for your small charity, we are also offering the opportunity for you to:

• Host a stall;
• Camp on the grounds;
• Join in with the Saturday evening BBQ;
• Stay until Sunday where you can attend the Thornbridge Hall Garden Party for free.

Whether you come for the day or stay the weekend, it’s a great summer event and an enjoyable way to fundraise for your organisation.

we can get free places for runners in a 4 and 10 k and also run a stall , maybe a few fugees could do it together ?

http://www.smallcharitychallenge.org/#all

long shot but does anyone here want to do the run or the stall ? maybe a few fugees could do it together ?

If anyone is interested let me know

Sam

5 mile run this evening, I like the group I run with. They are really friendly and I am increasing my speed which is great. Legs are feeling it tonight, must have been the hills!!

xxx

Sadly I don't think I am around then Sam, I am in France at the start of July for the etape...yes Ben still does all the cycling!

So who is up for it....

Well done Murtle :biggrin:

Mr G was back today :biggrin: Lots more leg hammering than last week, which I did enjoy - honestly :) When we were doing abs work, we had to do leg raises - he was being mean and pushing one of the other girls legs down for 10 raises, then when he had done, she told him to go and pick on someone else. He then said 'Where's Jayne' and came and did the same with me - I had nearly finished my leg raises as well, so had to do 10 extra ones :laugh: At least he didn't put a weight on my back whilst we were planking this week :)

well done Mags

today was my recovery day , I make sure I have 2 each week , I was exhausted after yesterdays run and I think I really needed my day off

Tomorrow is a non cardio gym day so hand weights and using TRX and maybe the pool , Friday is Cruft's so lots of walking and maybe gym in the evening if I can manage it

we are going to try a pedometer app on the iphone to see how far we walk !

Wow Jayne, you go every day except Saturday!!! And what's wrong with Saturday :D :biggrin:

The gym opening hours don't fit in with work on a Saturday :) I work 9-5 in Buxton, then by the time I have got home and sorted Blue out, the gym is closed :)

nag nag nag nag

I am glad you take Saturday off , I am going to go into nagging mum mode now but you really must take rest days as overtraining can really knacker your muscles ( they need days off to repair ) and generally stuff you up

nag nag nag nag

my PT does not want me in the gym any more than 5 times a week and thats including sessions with him ,

nag nag nag nag

:D nag

:laugh: unfortunately, I never have a day's rest, as having Blue means that even on my non gym days, I am still lugging water buckets and sweeping up! Tbh, I don't tend to do a right lot on a Friday night, as by the time I have ridden Blue and got there, it is quite late. I could drop that day out of my workout schedule, but I do quite enjoy my Friday night bimble around the gym and chat with Mr Grumpy :laugh: