UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Oh even better it will be hell for 12 minutes. Just keep focus for that period, pick a spot on the wall / mirror whatever is in front of you and become really old friends with it!!

xxx

the mad thing is its not hell, I am really enjoying running !

your running is inspirational to me :)

I ran for a minute on the treadmill today :ninja:

go you :)

• Like 1

Thank you Sam, that is very kind.

Bouncy happy, well done Sam, how fabadoshious is that!!!

Well done Jayne on your treadmill running induction!!

Loobie how are you doing? The next outing is calling you :-)

Vonny, how is it going, I am in awe of your sit-ups :-)

Mags, hope Andy has recovered and you are able to venture out again, especially if you have had the glorious sunshine we have had today.

xxx

Very cold grey day here today. I think I had your sunshine last week. Andy is fine again, thank you for asking.

After about 2 hours sleep last night, I didn't have the energy to walk up the hall never mind any further. I am definitely going out tomorrow.

I had the best horseriding lesson on Saturday. I finally managed trotting properly :) I've discovered some new muscles!! My Mr G (G for Gordon lol) says I might be able to come off lead rein next week :ohmy: I wasn't expecting to be doing that for a long time yet.

Murtle, thanks for the link. I wouldn't be able to do any of them. Any floor exercises are a no no with my back (arthritis). Although probably if I worked on strengthening my back, I might manage something.

Sam, I could get a DVD but it would just join the others and my wii that are never used :biggrin: Well done on your run.

Everyone is doing so well. It's time for me to catch up. I only have two months now to Andy's communion

Yaaay! Well done Mags! When you ride regularly, trotting is second nature and those muscles don't ache at all :)

Core workout tonight. Deejay gave us the option of a 30 min intense class or a 45 min laid back class. We opted for 30 mins intense, but ended up doing 45 mins intense class :laugh: She used me a demonstration guinea pig again - I like being good at things :)

Have booked onto Fitball tomorrow, think it will be Mr Grumpy, but am not sure :)

When tired, relaxing is good. Horse riding sounds good!

If you google back strengthening exercises you'll find some which you might be able to do. I don't want to suggest specific exercises and break you. xxx

Well done on your intense workout Jayne :-)

Thanks - am making up for last nights workout by eating a chocolate cornflake cake and drinking a hot chocolate whilst I wait for Ted to be groomed. Think I will have to do some cardio as well as the class tonight to burn off the 5 gazillion calories that I have consumed :laugh:

Lovely morning here and I got up in great form after a good night's sleep.

So off I went and got a bit carried away. Was nearly forgetting to come home. I did 6 miles so very pleased with myself.

Mary, I downloaded Map my Walk app but for some reason it only recorded 3 miles. Now I'm walking in the middle of nowhere for most of my route with no houses around (I took some photos on my phone which I will put up later) so is it lacking signal or something? I forgot to give you a pat on the back t'other day for your great progress.

My other pedometer app did an update last week and has decided to count laps instead of steps or distance so that one has been deleted and I've downloaded another one to try. I got my readings this morning from my little trusty clip on pedometer.

Well done Gooster. I think you earned your mini feast. Really looking forward to my next horseriding lesson.

Mags how do you know you did 6miles? as in what is that measured on?

when you look at your route does it show the whole way you walked? Along the same paths you did etc, sometimes the signal can go a bit weird. I had it once with the strava app so it it had me going very quickly through buildings and all sorts!!

My clip on pedometer told me I did 12,516 steps, divide that by 1312 to get km (I got that from Google) and put that into a converter to get the miles lol. I was out for an hour and 45 mins with no stops.

My route is just up and back along the same side of the canal. I live in the country so no block to go around with nice safe footpaths, hence why I like to walk along the canal because I don't have to keep stepping in when a car comes. It did map it but hard to judge did it map it all. Reading it gives me is:

Duration 1:45:37

Distance 3.28 mi

Pace 17:36 min/mi

I'm walking fast and covered a hell of a distance.

Not to worry, I'll try another app tomorrow and see what that says.

The fact is says you walked at a pace of 17:36 minute miles, for that length of time means you did walk 6 miles.

Apologies if you know this; the pace means you walked each mile at an average of 17minutes and 36 seconds. (Sometimes a pedometer can be out of sync when you change speed as your stride can shorten or lengthen).

If you want to double check it, you should be able to go onto the pc version of map my walk and create a route and plot out where you went to confirm the distance or you can Contact their support people, if it is easy and query why it has only given you half the distance. It may have been the signal... But these apps are usually run by enthusiastic people who are keen to resolve issues.

And more importantly...

That is a very good distance and speed :-)

x

I'm wondering if it meant that my route was 3.28 miles and the fact that I just doubled back confused things :shrug:

We'll see what readings I get tomorrow (if I can walk lol)

Thanks for the praise girls. I'm quite pleased with myself :)