UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Such a shame about the pups, hope the remaining ones can pull through.

We had torrential rain yesterday and overnight - but it did wash away the snow.... which looked pretty but was actually over ice so not good!

2 new chickens came on Wednesday to keep Chicky company as she has been on her own since just before Christmas. She had plenty of wild bird visitors to steal her food and would rush out when the dogs or I were in the garden but I was worried about her body temperature overnight as the coop is a big one and she had nobody else to snuggle up to (not quite there yet with the new girls) or help heat it.

DSCF1400_zps65c888f4.jpg

New girl Ninja on the left - when it gets gloomy you cannot see her in the run unless she moves! Chicky with the paler body and dark neck/head. New girl Madge (Edna Everage's bridesmaid, small and timid but with an inner strength) behind Chicky. The new girls are used to dogs but are not quite brave enough to come out into the garden when mine are out - Chicky struts her stuff to show she is actually boss of the dogs.

• Like 1

Marion - I use Pet supermarket and it always takes a week or so for my stuff to arrive. Thats when it does arrive cos one order I placed before xmas never did. Had one or two other niggles with them too but they are reasonably priced and I get 5% cashback through them and most of the time they get it right. Mind you I dont think the courier company they use helps either.

Oooh interesting Alex. I know they use Yodel which seems to be universally loathed but the local Yodel delivery man here is awfully nice and doesn't just chuck things over the fence. He'll actually go and knock at a neighbours if you are not in and otherwise do his best to get your delivery to you. He turned up at Christmas in a Santa hat and gave me a "ho, ho, ho" as he passed the parcel over.

Love your chickens Buddyboy and laughed muchly at Madge's name and the reason behind it.

We still have some snow remaining although it rained a bit last night. It's very sludgey in our garden.

Archie had colic this morning but a fruity Rennie and LOTS of sympathy helped him get better. I'm going to take him to the vets though next week as it's happening too often.

I'm doing the RSPB Garden Birdwatch this weekend - I'm going to do my hour tomorrow - is anyone else joining in?

Beautiful chooks :wub:

Snow is thawing here, thankfully.

I've been treating myself to some new bedding from Debenhams. I love their 500TC Supima cotton bedding and have one set already which I bought a few years ago and it's still going strong. Thought I'd treat myself to the ivory colour which is a beautiful buttermilk colour and fabulous quality. They've got a Blue Cross sale on at the moment, plus if you look around for voucher codes you can get up to an extra 20% off. Should have got a gift card and used that because I get 10% off through the work rewards scheme. I've just ordered one cos I've got my eye on a new duvet.

Love the chicklets, sweet that she has company again.

Sorry to hear about the pulleys, hope they pull through.

Thanks Alex, I will have a look at that bedding as we desperately need some new bedding. We have had gorgeous new bedding destroyed by one of our cats hacking up hair balls :-( poor boy, we are getting on top of his over grooming and subsequent hair balls so nice snugly new bedding would be very welcome. I keep getting Debenhams vouchers online, I think they are also on quidco if ordering on line for store collection or delivery.

I am loving seeing the sun!!!

Afternoon. We have snow and then some. Can't get to see dad again which is worrying me but nothing I can do about it. Down to one car and that is currently abandoned 2.5 miles from home. Roads are impassable. Part of the M6 near Wigan was closed last night and left motorists stranded.

Our transport run has had to be cancelled leaving a dog to have to cope for longer in a home alone situation.

Hope the puppies are holding there own and will recover

Cindere glad leg is improving

Hope nasty colic disappears for Archie

Pleased ChicKy has new company. Hope they are snuggling up soon. Look like they're setting in well in the pic

Guess I'll have to do some cleaning today then lol

Edited by Jacobean

Poddling in.

Still not reading back. I'm cold enough to think I should put the heating on, and have a headache from spending the last hour plus writing our a complicated confirmation e-mail (obviously nothing to do with work).

Back at the Doctors the week after next and dreading it as I'm sure it's time I returned to paid employment.

Bought the dogs new nylabones yesterday. Just like kids, they were more interested in the cardboard packaging than the new chew toys!

Hope all is well here.

Michelle, hope you can get the dog moved soon. I saw on BBC website how awful the snow had been up your way.

We only had about 5 extra inches of snow last night, so we have been down to Ashbourne where they had more, and then spent 2 hours wallowing around the fields after a norty JRT. At least he doesn't seem to be down his local bunny warren but has gone off on an adventure and probably lost his bearings in the snow. We finally lost his trail in a shallow stream which had just thawed, I assume he ran along it while it was frozen.

The 3 remaining pups are all poorly now and vet doesn't know what it is. Cleo has managed bits of boiled turkey and turkey juice, Emi has a nasty cough, Faith is strongest of the 3 but not right.

Hi Mrs B.

• Like 1

Everything crossed for poorly pups.
Our snow has dispersed massively today & now it is pouring so I expect that will complete the job & leave everywhere like a bog instead.
Buying new bedding is a nice feeling - I'd bought my duvet sets before we'd even exchanged on WagTails House!