UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Good morning & Happy New Year to everyone :pinkie:

The dogs & I were asleep well before midnight, but I was woken up by fireworks :mad: . They didn't wake the dogs up though, and I got back to sleep quite quickly.

It's a beautiful morning here & I have a friend coming for lunch :)

Have a great day everyone :)

Happy New Year everyone.

So far I am happy because:-

1. There was blue sky on our morning dog walk

2. My husband has just washed my car that was filthy from our trip to Wales - usually I get "well it's your car" but I pointed out that it is always my car we both go in because it has the dog crates

3. The roast beef dinner for my parents went well and if my Dad doesn't see another New Year well at least this one was quiet but nice

4. I am in a much better state than this time last year when we were all reeling from Dad's mesothelioma diagnosis

5. My brother sent us nice Christmas presents so we don't have that horrible situation of pretending to like something hideous

6. My parents had a good time with my brother and their grandchildren who they don't see enough of

7. Two booking enquiries for WagTails last night

Just felt like posting something cheerful. Hope the tide turns for those with problems and feeling low.

My main New Years Resolution is to provide the practical help and support my parents need which was probably last year's too but I am more than happy for it to be continued!. Also not to procrastinate and worry but to go for what you want if you possible can - WagTails House became ours because of this approach. Sometimes when illness challenges you, your friends and family decision paths become clearer!

• Like 4

Happy New Year everyone :GroupHug:

Happy Birthday to Charlie-goo :partytime: A teenager now!

There were a few fireworks here but nothing too bad. I didn't get too sleep until gone 3am though and have woken this morning feeling very sore and with gigantic bags under my eyes!

I always, always have the Chrissy decs down before new year but this year they are still up! They may get taken down today.

Well I suppose I should hit the shower and get dressed before I do anything further.

Bonne annee to one and all, hope 2013 is kind to all of us.

Normally the village I live in is deadly quiet on New Year's Eve, maybe hear the odd firework in the distance at midnight. The French tend to celebrate New Year with dinner parties for family and friends that go on into the early hours rather than going to the pub or organised functions. Last night, however, I could have been back in London - really loud bangs going off randomly from 8 ish till nearly 1 in the morning. Tiffy gets in a right state with fireworks and as we hadn't expected it we'd done nothing to prepare for it. Hope it was a one off but I'll make sure I've got some DAP or something for next year.

Marian, pleased you manage to get to the bottom of the lack of invitations. See - we told you it wasn't you :D

Happy Birthday Charlie

Lovely sunny day here and not too cold. Might even spend some time clearing up the soggy mess of a garden this afternoon

Edited by eve

Morning

Could have been the first for January jangling cos I was the first to post lol. Spent last night looking for P45 to do my self assessment and still haven't found it so guess I had best go to work tomorrow to retrieve a copy.

Have had a clear out of wardrobe this morning. Been stern with myself and given away stuff that was brand new but will never wear. Am going to finish off the personal paperwork today and get all the shredding done. Feels better and can see desk in evil room. So can start to clear that out and sort it now. Need to get out in garden to sort that too. Please don't rain today! We had heavy rain yesterday and hailstones last night.

Happy Birthday Charlie Goo

Fingers crossed for Wagtails but think you will do well Whizzie

You could be right Marian, the holiday cottage at the end of the lane does have guests staying at the moment.

Got the fishy treats from Zooplus, they're Tiffy's absolute favourites too. They also sell Misfits now and deliver to France too :biggrin:

Can I have some of your energy please Michelle, mine seems to be on strike

Happy new year to you also Lesley :GroupHug:

Thanks Eve. I shall order him some next time I do a Zooplus order :)

It always amazes me here how many holiday makers come here and show no respect for the permanent residents. There are many lovely visitors who do but of course the badly behaved ones are the ones that have us all mumbling "bloody tourists". I just wouldn't dream of going to stay somewhere and making lots of noise, parking inconsiderately, talking down to the locals or ignoring them all together. I hope today is a nice quiet one for you Eve and tonight also so the dogs can relax.