UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Long Time, No See

Tisaann

Hi Everyone,

9 weeks ago today I lost my little girl Rosie to a cancerous throat tumour. I came home and deleted The Refuge and Dog pages vowing that the pain was so horrendous that I just couldn't face being part of the forums anymore. However, in the last couple of days I have realised that both these forums and their members were very special to me during the 10 years Rosie and I were together. You gave me advise when I needed it and asked nothing in return and were content to allow me to sit on the sidelines and dip in every now and again.

So today I would like to be part of your lives once again and whilst I don't want to have another dog (work commitments don't allow) I would like to be part of you all once more so therefore is there anything I can do to help out? I live in Mitcham in Surrey and wonder if I could foster some small furies maybe. I don't feel that I could help out at a rescue as although I was a mum to Rosie I do have a fear of dogs, not all just some.

Looking forward to hearing from you xxxxx

Welcome back.

Sorry to read about Rosie but we all understand how you feel.

It is a pity you are not in a position to have another dog but small furries need help too.

I think you will notice a difference in DP. There has been a difference of opinion there and many regular poster are no longer posting.

You will find them at http://dogrescueworld.org.uk/

Sorry to hear your sad news of Rosie. I have just returned here myself, although not in sad circumstances such as yours. The welcomewas very warm so still good folk here, if not as many as in the past.

I hope you find a new niche in which to help, although it doesn't always fall into place and sometimes you have to try quite hard to find it.

I hope you find a new niche in which to help, although it doesn't always fall into place and sometimes you have to try quite hard to find it.

At this moment in time, hubby has refused to let me foster/help out as he said I am still too cut up to be of any use to anyone. I was really angry at first as I thought he was being so unreasonable but have become to realise that he is right as just seeing reminders of Rosie still cuts me up and makes me cry.

So seeing Whizzie's wise words I shall now bide my time and hope that I will be 'in the right place at the right time'