UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jack's Lump Is A Nasty

Pendlewitch

Jack was quite sick this morning and very depressed, did not want to walk and was eating grass all the time. This is not unusual for Jack, he has a lot of behavioural issues but with the surgery I thought I'd pop him in to the vet just to make sure. Vet is convinced it's stress and the buster collar is not helping, then he told me the pathology from the lump is back! It was a tumour and both the skin and the underlying tissues were invovled, he is sure it was all removed though, I can't remember the type of tumour as I was more that a bit shocked at this point, must ring and find out. He said it could come back and Jack could get others as JRT's are prone to this type of tumour.

I did some Ttouch with Jack as he was so screwed into a tight ball and I've found another lump on his other back leg but much lower down, nearer the hock joint, talk about serious shock/panic! He has to go back on Friday to maybe have his stiches out so will discuss then, I can't believe this is happening!

Just rung up, it's a mast cell tumour.

Thanks all for your good thoughts for Jack and I, it's very much appreciated! :flowers: I've done a huge amount of reading about the tumours and am not in quite as much of a panic as I was, I've borrowed a smaller buster collar for Jack and coupled with the massage he is much more cheerful He is stretching his back leg during the massage now so the stitches must not be causing him too much problem. Hopefully he has them out on Friday!

• Like 1

Jack has to have his stitches in for 5 more days, by then the back of my legs will be permanently damaged from him crashing into me with the buster collar. He's learned how to drive it now, his technique is just shove, if he doesn't fit back a step and shove again! Vet thinks the lump near his hock is a bursa, there's a tendon that runs just under where it is so she said to keep an eye on it. He's a very cheerful little dog at the moment, it's really nice to have him that way again!

• Like 1