UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Hello Mrs B it is so nice to have you back. I always enjoyed your posts :)

Right I think I've got to the bottom of why I am always left out of things. Ruby has admitted that she is economical with the truth (damned depression) and sometimes doesn't make things clear to people. As I went away last New Year, because I was so sick of being left out, she'd somehow given the others the impression that I was going away this year. Even when they mentioned it she didn't correct them. They tried to make amends by having one of them drop out or at least go and stay at a hotel for this years N.Y get together. Archie is still a problem though - well he's not a problem to me as such but you know what I mean. The friend who has the time share has an elderly dog who is now senile and we can't trust Archie to be around him without snapping so really it still means one of us stopping at home with him.

Anyway Ruby went to stop at the time-share yesterday with them and came home at lunch time today so she could walk Archie (our dog walker and stand-in dog walker are on holiday) She wants to go back later today but I've put my foot down as it still means me being left out and I'd like to have someone sit with me tonight to see the New Year in. The rest of them sent their apologies and said they never meant to exclude me. So we will see how things are in the future.

Sam Skwirrel of course you can pay me a visit! I've have had dog owning friends stay at two places that they have spoken highly of.

One is farm accommodation a couple of miles out of town called Low Nest and its super dog friendly - their website isn't all that exciting and the dog info is a little hard to find - it's there you just have to dig a little - but if you look them up on Trip Advisor you will see glowing reports about them. I was at school with both the sisters who run the farm and B&B between them along with their husbands and tho I've not see them in years they were both lovely girls, I can't think they will have changed much! Friends who have stayed at Low Nest rave about it but tell me you need to book well ahead as even at quieter times they can be full. They have a secure exercise paddock and agility gear available for the guests dogs'. Dogs can even go down to breakfast in the dining room with their owners.

The other place is a B&B in town (just round the corner from me!) called Rivendel. Again Trip Advisor is worth looking at for their excellent reviews. I used to know the lady that ran this place and she was dog daft. She insisted on selling it to someone who would continue to allow dogs and from I've heard the new folk are just as welcoming to dogs as she was. A friend who has stayed at other dog friendly B&B's here has declared Rivendel the best of all of them bar Low Nest and now won't stay anywhere else. They don't mind you leaving trustworthy dogs behind in the bedrooms whilst you go out for a meal - in most other so called dog friendly B&B's this isn't allowed.

If you want time out without the dogs I can set you up with either a dog walker or doggy day care :)

• Like 2

Afternoon everyone.

welcome back Mrs B, sounds like you have had a lot to deal with.

Big hugs for all poorly people and animals, I am not keeping up too well myself these days.

Mariion, you are a great person, sorry you have had been made to feel unwanted, and I am glad you have tackled the subjet with all of those concerned.

I have surprised myself and completed a chalk pastel picture of one of the highland cattle that we saw last week on our hols near Redcar. The owners of our cottage had a smallholding with three cows, Heidi, Honey and Hatty and their offspring. I didn't get a good photo, but felt compelled to draw them when I came home.

What do you think? I had to stop, as the more things I changed, the more things I liked got spoiled! This has the honour of being the first AND last picture of 2012.

framedcow1024x866_zpsfdbd85c4.jpg

• Like 3

oooooooooooooooooooooo that is Fab Houndzrus

Jazz, sorry to hear about your friends horse

Gooster.... dads can be funny s*ds at times

yantan, i am glad things have been sorted out

i only got slightly soggy on the way to get my blood done, there were only 2 people in front of me as well!! had to go and get my ring enlarged...again, i asked for it to be made a p last time but the fellas dopey son didn't do it.... he made it to an o, i have had to pay another 15 quid to get it enlarged again and he was telling me i only needed it to be a p &1/2.. i wasn't happy so tried the q and felt much better about it, i would rather have it slightly bigger than cut into me, it is very odd as i am losing weight again but my fingers are really swollen

Wow Marge, that picture is amazing :)

Am glad that you have got to the bottom of what was going on Marion :)

I think I am going to be in a spot of bother with the people who organise the diabetic screening programme in this area. As I do the photographs, I had to complete a city and guilds by the 31st December 2012. Today is 31st December and I haven't finished it :unsure: I have been having pc problems and haven't been able to print anything out for months now. All is mended as of today though, so normal service can be resumed. It's just been one of those things that I kept forgetting about and putting off, thinking I had ages to do it. Turns out procrastinating was a bad idea. Just sent a grovelling email to the woman who has been chasing everyone to get it done. Hopefully I'm not the only useless one who hasn't finished it.

Hello Mrs B it is so nice to have you back. I always enjoyed your posts :)

Right I think I've got to the bottom of why I am always left out of things. Ruby has admitted that she is economical with the truth (damned depression) and sometimes doesn't make things clear to people. As I went away last New Year, because I was so sick of being left out, she'd somehow given the others the impression that I was going away this year. Even when they mentioned it she didn't correct them. They tried to make amends by having one of them drop out or at least go and stay at a hotel for this years N.Y get together. Archie is still a problem though - well he's not a problem to me as such but you know what I mean. The friend who has the time share has an elderly dog who is now senile and we can't trust Archie to be around him without snapping so really it still means one of us stopping at home with him.

Anyway Ruby went to stop at the time-share yesterday with them and came home at lunch time today so she could walk Archie (our dog walker and stand-in dog walker are on holiday) She wants to go back later today but I've put my foot down as it still means me being left out and I'd like to have someone sit with me tonight to see the New Year in. The rest of them sent their apologies and said they never meant to exclude me. So we will see how things are in the future.

Sam Skwirrel of course you can pay me a visit! I've have had dog owning friends stay at two places that they have spoken highly of.

One is farm accommodation a couple of miles out of town called Low Nest and its super dog friendly - their website isn't all that exciting and the dog info is a little hard to find - it's there you just have to dig a little - but if you look them up on Trip Advisor you will see glowing reports about them. I was at school with both the sisters who run the farm and B&B between them along with their husbands and tho I've not see them in years they were both lovely girls, I can't think they will have changed much! Friends who have stayed at Low Nest rave about it but tell me you need to book well ahead as even at quieter times they can be full. They have a secure exercise paddock and agility gear available for the guests dogs'. Dogs can even go down to breakfast in the dining room with their owners.

The other place is a B&B in town (just round the corner from me!) called Rivendel. Again Trip Advisor is worth looking at for their excellent reviews. I used to know the lady that ran this place and she was dog daft. She insisted on selling it to someone who would continue to allow dogs and from I've heard the new folk are just as welcoming to dogs as she was. A friend who has stayed at other dog friendly B&B's here has declared Rivendel the best of all of them bar Low Nest and now won't stay anywhere else. They don't mind you leaving trustworthy dogs behind in the bedrooms whilst you go out for a meal - in most other so called dog friendly B&B's this isn't allowed.

If you want time out without the dogs I can set you up with either a dog walker or doggy day care :)

I met the lady who owns Low Nest last year at the Lune Valley Agility show, very nice woman! She does get booked early in the summer months she already had bookings for 2013 in June 2012. G and I drove past it as well, I spotted the agility equipment :D

I hope that 2013 turns out to be a brighter year for those who have had hard days in 2012 :beerchug:

and can we please have less of this :dwet:

Fantastic will check them both out and let you know when we book :) Its just Noah coming with us as Holly is now Grandma Squirrels dog , Mum was in bits after losing Gracie and although she tried to foster again she really could'nt do it. As she was so miserable without a dog to walk we used to leave either Noah or Holly with her and Holly has managed to fill the Gracie Squirrel shaped hole in heart. Holly and Noah see each other every day and walk together most days and have sleep overs at each others houses ! tonight they are both here

Holly

254640_10150269168242611_7403768_n_zpsc3f28603.jpg

Noah

327802_10150293938382611_455555977_o_zps4d6602cb.jpg

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel
  • Like 1

That sounds like a very good arrangement, Sam.

Glad you cleared things up, Marion.

Wishing everyone the best for 2013.

Have decided where to move to and am feeling a lot less stressed as a result. We are going to convert part of mum's very good brick built garage into a bedsit/den for myself and Wispa and go and live there. It will save me time and energy as I won't always be having to do a 30 mile round trip if anything needs sorting at mum's. It was ok when it was a couple of times a week but she will really need someone on the premises before long.

We will partition the front section for her scooter to live in, and extend the back by knocking down an internal wall to include 2 brick outhouses which back on to the garage and are part of the same building. It will give me an area 9 ft x 19 ft which will be a bit like living on a narrow boat. We will replace the outhouse doors with a big window. My friend's son is a builder and he will be coming to look at it in the next few days. He will know if we need planning permission, but we may not as we won't be changing the frontage and will only be changing interior walls. I can easily use kitchen and bathroom in the house, as garage has a side door into covered passage to back door. Then at some future time if the house is sold, we can move the partition to have garage with utility room at back.

There is plenty of wardrobe space for my clothes in the house, and space for my bookshelves also. I don't plan to move until the autumn. It would be nice to enjoy the summer here first.

• Like 6