UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Having not felt very festive for a long time, been more terrified than anything, but this evening I am embracing Christmas. My girls have finished school. I have a prescription drug for every occasion and two bottles of Amaretto. I can do this. I can survive. Still waiting for one or two presents to arrive but aside from that I'm all sorted.

Gooster, good luck with the mission on finding out if Mr Gorgeous is single.... as for him being a bouncer...been there twice and t'was great fun!!

HLGS my lights were bought through amazon and they still haven't arrived.... have given up on them now and i doubt i will even bother with the christmas tree

Owl, how fab that the dog found a new owner so quickly

Jacobean..... what is your business if you don't mind me asking... you have probably already mentioned it and me being a dimwit have missed it! i hope you get your test results before christmas

Merledogs, i hope your floor continues to dry out

Phoebejo..... i hope you have a really really terrific christmas and i hope next year is a better year for you

Yay, work is finished for 2012. Not feeling too festive at home as OH is not back from visit to his parents until Sunday.

I have a fabby new Windows 8 laptop to replace ancient one still in use now. However doubt I can do a lot with it just yet as I am still waiting on AOL to send me MAC code so I can switch network & finally go wireless. Annoying.

Shouldn't moan though as holiday home booking for 1 Jan confirmed & fully paid - pleased I will have some money incoming for a change & delighted to be giving a little to Oldies Club too. Also Fish for Dogs parcel finally arrived today - Yodel returned first to depot damaged, Fed Ex courier was a star as parcel arrived at work despite only having my name & a road name on the label. Thank you Fed Ex man!

Hope thyroid problem can be resolved Michelle & hair loss is not ongoing Griff.

HLGS - Well done to you for yet more charitable work

Owl - lucky dog eh? Lovely when little miracles like that happen!

Apologies to people I have missed as I'm still quite new to this conversation

• Like 1

Brilliant Whizzie. Good start and here's to the holiday home being very successful. It's in a cracking spot though and you've gone to so much trouble to please the doggy lovers that I'm sure it will do well. Thanks ever so much for helping Oldies out too.

Griff I haven't really mentioned it cos it's animal related so not really allowed lol. I sell pet food and cat litter in my local area. Seeing as no-one on here lives near me I guess that's ok. I sell other stuff online and I also do book-keeping. Have done 2 things to try to get cracking on my own full time asap and so I haven't got all my eggs in one basket.

Test results not back yet. I know I've deffo got a thyroid problem as I'm realising I have all the symptoms. You brush things aside when you're busy and just think it's cos you lead a stressful life don't you.

Sorry to read you have been poorly , glad you getting tests and hope you get results and treatment soon

Having not felt very festive for a long time, been more terrified than anything, but this evening I am embracing Christmas. My girls have finished school. I have a prescription drug for every occasion and two bottles of Amaretto. I can do this. I can survive. Still waiting for one or two presents to arrive but aside from that I'm all sorted.

good for you , the Dogstar Christamas elf will be delivering your last items tomorrow :)

HLGS my lights were bought through amazon and they still haven't arrived.... have given up on them now and i doubt i will even bother with the christmas tree

thats a bit crap , I don't have a tree this year either ( never got round to it ) lets look on the bright side and think of all the elecrticty we are saving !

I have a fabby new Windows 8 laptop to replace ancient one still in use now. However doubt I can do a lot with it just yet as I am still waiting on AOL to send me MAC code so I can switch network & finally go wireless. Annoying.

how exciting and annoying you have to wait , I hate waitiing !

Oh dear. Feeling the job was complete when I got the pup to a great home, and now discovering there is a pond full of koi in the back garden which are just being abandoned.

*sigh*

Good thing I know someone with aquatic connections.

Moaning :tired: :(

michelle - thanks, have just ordered a few toys for the boys. I love the selection of toys btw :flowers:

owl that's such a shame :( I hope the fish get sorted.

RMF : I hope I don't bring anyone else down but I feel truly awful at the moment. My boss was really off with me yesterday. To add insult to injury I had a conversation with my male colleague who sits next to me about religion and I told him I was an atheist and we had a discussion around it. It wasn't until after that I realised that my boss is actually quite religious, so I have probably offended him. My colleague asked me about my beliefs (can't remember how the conversation started) but didn't say what he believed. I am worried now that I offended both of them. I just wish that sometimes I could think before I put my foot in it, but unfortunately it's the way I am, I have no filter between my brain and my mouth. There's other things about the way I am that I worry they won't like but I truly can't help it. I have my probationary review first week back so I am now worried about that because I really don't want to be out of work again :( I will worry about it for the next two weeks now. Not helped by the fact that I've been awake half the night fretting about it, so now I feel really tired and emotional. Sorry to offload and for being so pathetic :flowers:

Alex, unless you said something offensive about believers, such as "how can anyone be stupid enough to believe in a higher being" I dont see why it would make your boss take offence, we are all entitled to our own opinions. I'm an atheist myself but try to avoid discussing politics or religjon!

Owl,my friend over the road has koi, let me know if any need placing.

• Like 1

RMF : I hope I don't bring anyone else down but I feel truly awful at the moment. My boss was really off with me yesterday. To add insult to injury I had a conversation with my male colleague who sits next to me about religion and I told him I was an atheist and we had a discussion around it. It wasn't until after that I realised that my boss is actually quite religious, so I have probably offended him. My colleague asked me about my beliefs (can't remember how the conversation started) but didn't say what he believed. I am worried now that I offended both of them.

I'm sure your boss & colleague won't be offended, as Suzeanna said, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. In fact, no matter how much people criticise this country, that is one of the truly wonderful things about the UK - we are all allowed to have our own religious beliefs (or even to have no religious beliefs at all).

• Like 1

Brilliant Whizzie. Good start and here's to the holiday home being very successful. It's in a cracking spot though and you've gone to so much trouble to please the doggy lovers that I'm sure it will do well. Thanks ever so much for helping Oldies out too.

Griff I haven't really mentioned it cos it's animal related so not really allowed lol. I sell pet food and cat litter in my local area. Seeing as no-one on here lives near me I guess that's ok. I sell other stuff online and I also do book-keeping. Have done 2 things to try to get cracking on my own full time asap and so I haven't got all my eggs in one basket.

Michelle that rule applies only to people who join just to promote their website and then bugger off never to be seen again, it very much does NOT apply to regulars so post away - I'd like to see the website too lol

Alex you were honest and thats whats important, if they are truly christian then they will respect that and see it as an opportunity to demonstrate by example christian values which doesn't and shouldn't include being intolerant, judgmental and mean spirited. :flowers:

• Like 2