UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

some people are just barstewards Owl :angry:

Hope your plumber has manager to sort something out for you Alex without it being too horrendously expensive. When I had a leak last year, my bill was £120 for 2 visits and parts - was very impressed.

Hope Archie's bum gets the ok from the vets :flowers:

Have been and done my tone and shape class this morning with Mr Gorgeous. It was hard work, but I managed everything - including 4 sets of planks :biggrin: Mr Gorgeous had noticed I have lost weight and all the exercise is working :biggrin: :biggrin: He is only doing one class between Christmas and new year - that is circuit training on the 27th. He said that is ok for all abilities, as you just do what you feel you can do :unsure:

Owl I'll join you in your wish for those nasty thieves. There are some horrible people on this planet.

I meant to say earlier Jayne but I enjoyed Paul and Mary's Christmas bake-off programme too. I recorded it so Ruby can watch it and I think I will watch it again with her. It made me feel really Christmassy :) And Paul isn't too shabby is he? LOL!

Archie got the all clear from the vet. His bum is much better and just about back to normal. He wasn't impressed when the vet stuck his finger up it though. The look on his face was priceless. Oh and he's finally had his booster. Yay!

• Like 1

Plumber, who wasn't a plumber and didn't know one locally ;rolleyes; has been and gone. The pipe appears to be leaking somewhere between the front room rad and the back room one, so the concrete is going to have to be dug up :mecry: He hasn't even managed to isolate it so the problem is no better. He said it was an insurance job and would have to be isolated and done in the new year. I am about to ring the insurance company and get them to sort it cos I'm fed up with ringing round.

Oh gosh Alex, i am so sorry to hear of your leak..... i will keep everything crossed that the insurance people are really helpful and get someone out ASAP

Owl, i am so glad your friends are o.k and i too wish a very miserable christmas to those who did such a nasty and dangerous thing.... i hope it comes back and bites them on the bum!

i ordered dog food a week ago...been waiting in for it, nothing, called the company today they haven't even sent it and can't guarantee i will get it in time for xmas....luckily the local pet shop has a bag of it in stock! bl**dy p*sses me off that nobody had the decency to email me and let me know there was a delay...... nobody buy anything off best pet pharmacy... absolutely rubbish!

That's awful Owl. It's time the magistrates cracked down on this sort of thing, if they are caught..and it's a big if...they'll only get community service which they won't turn up to anyway, they need a damn good thrashing and about six months in an unheated prison cell. :mad: (can you tell, I'm not one of these ooh it's not their fault they must have had a bad childhood types?)

Right, the saga continues. Rang Direct Line emergency number and they sent a plumber from HomeServe round pdq to have a look at the job. As I thought, there appears to be a leak in one of the pipes underneath the concrete. He's drained the system down for me, but what he can't do as part of the service is lift up the laminate and dig into the concrete to expose the pipes. So I rang Direct Line to get them to arrange it as part of a claim (the whole living room laminate will need replacing) and they said to get a builder in to do it and just ring them to okay the costs. Once I've got the builder to do that, then I can ring HomeServe again and they will come out and fix the pipe, then I will have to get the builder back to fill in the concrete :rolleyes: I may have to wait until after Christmas for that.

To add insult to injury, while the plumber was draining the system, I went outside to make sure the pipe went into the drain, only to find that the drain was blocked and the water backed up. Then I got my drain rod out to clear the blockage, and the bloody round bit off the end came off in the drain! When I went inside to sign off the plumber's job sheet, I went to take the rubber glove off my hand and the glove snapped so only two fingers came off and the rest stayed put. At which point me and the plumber just looked at each other and burst out laughing. Either that or I was gonna cry.

I have a builder arriving (allegedly) within the hour to gain access to the pipes for me. Am hoping with any luck that he'll be able to repair the pipes quite cheaply so that I may not have to get plumber back out again. Depends on whether he can do plumbing type stuff though, so fingers crossed.

Fingers and paws crossed for you merledogs, lets hope the builder arrives and can sort your problem out easily without too much mess and disruption

postman has just been... still no twinkle lights, i am not having much luck with online shopping at the moment

Oh Merledogs I'm so glad you still have your sense of humour - or is it hysteria?? :) xx

A little while ago I shared the news that I am to be a Granny for the first time in 2013 (daughter in law). Well, it transpires that I am also going to be a Granny for the second time as well (daughter) !! It's like waiting for a bus - nothing for ages then they start popping out all over the place!! 2013 is going to be a very busy year!!!! :) :) :)

• Like 4

Congrats on your impending grannyhood (x2) Loo :flowers:

Builder chappy has been, taken up the laminate and dug out the channel to expose the pipes for the princely sum of £70 for an hour and a halfs work. Waiting for plumber chappy to come back now. Gawd knows how long that's going to take cos I think he's going to have to replace some of the pipes, then fill the system again, then see if it's leaking, yada yada so at least two hours. Then I need to get builder chappy back again tomorrow or Friday to fill in the hole. He's also going to quote me for laying new laminate in the living room (insurance job). I'm bloody knackered and could do with a kip but can't in case plumber comes.

I just hope I have hot water for a shower before work tomorrow otherwise I'm gonna freeze my bits off!

Plumber rang to say he'd be here around now. Builder texted me for an update so I rang him and he said to give him a call no matter what time they finish. I want some peace once the plumber has gone, so builder chappy can come tomorrow or the day after.

Jobsworth plumber from HomeServe turned up, said he couldn't do the job cos he was clocking off at 6 and off he went :mad:

I rang HomeServe who said they couldn't get someone tonight it would have to be tomorrow. I told them that was no good cos I have no water, so they are going to ring me back within the hour. In the meantime I've rung Direct Line to complain and they are seeing what they can do. Funnily enough once Direct Line put me through to HomeServe they said they could get someone else out to me within the hour. So let's wait and see what happens next :mad: