UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

they havent got the results yet, but the swelling hasnt gone down much, so might not be infection, so says it could either be an insect bite (in this weather?) or cancer!

I distinctly remember a heatwave on monday ........ id rather it be an insect bite!

ive got to ring up tomorrow afternoon

Aw how I hated de-frosting the freezer. Thankfully that's now a thing of the past because when we did the refurb we got a frost free freezer - it's brill!

Griff those lights look good. I'd love some icicle lights hanging from the top of the house but neither of us could get up there to fix them. The neighbours opposite have them and they look fab.

Karen I was also wondering how Claz was getting on as it's been a while since we heard from her.

Claz has been posting on Facebook, she seems to be getting on well, has decorated her tree, got a foster dog with a gammy leg to match hers, and is contemplating eating the chocs that her gentleman friend has unwisely left with her for wrapping! (not chocs for her, I might add.)

• Like 2

It was even colder here today. Wispa said a 2nd day without a proper walk was out of the question so we wrapped up warm and headed for the Eastern Moors which are only a few miles away. It was very icy there with remains of snow, and a few hardy and very fluffy Swaledales who looked at us as if we were crazy. We cut the walk short as a freezing fog was wandering across in our direction, and found the van's back door lock freezing up. Managed to get the key to work by blowing into the lock and jiggling the key. It's so long since I have been out in such weather that I forgot to keep a lighter in my pocket to warm up the key.

murtle I hope your shoulder is better soon :GroupHug:

Positive thoughts being sent for trudy and also for your nephew collies and for marion's dogwalker :flowers:

Glad ruby seems to be improving :flowers:

suzannna pleased your grandson and son are coming. Do I recall them recently splitting up or am I hallucinating? :flowers:

WFH tomorrow, got a half day and then Christmas meal with my team tomorrow night. I may drink a lot.

Nephews ok phew!, been checked out and now has either knee support or bandaged cant remember which as my dad took him. Hes got to completely rest leg for a few days, got some strong painkillers and goes back for a check up monday to see how swelling if going down etc.

Anyone want a cat????? Bloody Abbie somehow managed to injure side of her neck several months ago and it took about 5 weeks to heal as she managed to get bandages off and couldnt wear buster collar as it sat right on wound. Even the vets were getting frustrated with her! Anyway her hair has grown back and tonight shes walked in with identical injury in identical place all bloody and hurting. I'm gonna scream just not sure whether to do it before of after i've wrung her neck [avioding the injured bit of course lol]!!!!

Hugs for all who need them :)

• Like 1

:wavey: Mrs B

Hoping for good news for Trudy tomorrow :GroupHug:

Hoping Abbie is mended soon :flowers:

Been to the local pub quiz tonight, it was Christmas fancy dress, so I went as a Christmas present (box over head with hole for head and arms). That made drinking my pint a bit difficult :laugh: :rolleyes: Whilst we were there, we got chatting to a bloke in there whose OH (male) goes to the same gym as me. We got chatting about Mr Gorgeous, so Tony decided to text his OH to ask if he was gay or not. Tony's OH reckons he's straight :biggrin: Still not going to ask him out and will wait and see if he asks me as I enjoy his classes too much to make a fool out of myself. On the way out of the pub, another guy spoke to me, who apparently never speaks to anyone, and told me he was impressed with me staying in a box all night :laugh: Maybe I should wear the box to the gym...

• Like 3

Moaning :tired:

Gentle squishes for poorly Abbie :GroupHug:

Sounds like someone's popular Jayne :wink:

Mrs B :wavey:

Working from home today and have a half day. Lots of pressure on at work at the mo because the three projects I'm working on are all being driven at Board level, so I have to make absolutely sure I get it right (wibble). No let up before Christmas either as I have a tender going out next week. I'm at a supplier review on Monday with the last company I worked for :devil: