UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Sorry to hear about Graham :GroupHug: :flowers:

Have been shopping with my dad today for my mum's birthday and Christmas presents. Decided to have a look in Comet, such a shame they are closing - they had hardly any stock left - everything was heavily discounted. Bought mum a digital camera, as she always borrows mine or my brother's camera if she wants to take pictures.

Hope you managed to get some sleep suzeanna :flowers:

Moaning :tired:

It's Monday and I've got meetings practically all day and then in between I've got to draft an RFP. It's for something I've never tendered before, so I need help from the service owners to write the spec, but they seem to not want to do it, so I have roped my boss in to help impress the message on them.

Oh lord..hope you are ok!

MooandBoo, can you either persuade your dad he needs to speak to someone or do it yourself? My son in law is worried sick about his mum who has been told she has terminal lung cancer, but apparently been given no real details and won't ask.

I persuaded him to phone a Prostate cancer nurse who was very helpful and said that she thought his symptoms were probably due to him de-flooding his basement but to phone his GP if he gets any numbness or pins and needles which is difficult because he has those from injuries from an accident. She also stressed that he could end up paralysed for some time if he didn't seek help which I'm pleased about because I've tried to get that across to him & I think she got through to him. He's seeing his GP this week because he's not convinced it's muscular so hopefully he'll be checked out soon. I hope your son in law gets some information about his Mum soon, I can understand if she doesn't want to know but it's so difficult when you want to help :GroupHug:

Thanks for the hugs and good wishes for my Dad, they're very much appreciated :flowers:

On a more positive note my inlaws want to buy us a new tv for Christmas - FIL visited recently and must have taken pity on us after seeing our ancient one which has to be thumped to work properly :laughingsmiley: They haven't given us any presents for years (at our request) but insist on doing so this year because they've spent loads in OH's siblings over the years. 'Twill be nice to see widescreen instead of missing half of it :laughingsmiley:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to all who need them , I haven't caught up yet

• Like 1

Thoughts for your dad, m&b.

Good luck with the driving, Jazz.

Have spoken briefly to Pensions Service. They were very nice. They can't talk to me, not until the attorney certification is sent to them. But they said if I go over to mum's and call them from there, and they take her through some simple security checks which I am allowed to help with and she gives verbal permission, they can then talk with me. But they were able to answer a general question as to whether a retired person can have their basic state pension completely taken away after having had it paid for many years. The answer is: only if they are in prison, during which time it would be suspended.

• Like 2

Well that's more positive Owl, thank goodness.

Mooandboo I hope your dad will be OK. That's good news on the telly front :)

I really need to get on with my Christmas cards and get them in the post. I love getting them but have been lax about sending them out the last few years due to Ruby having depression and not wanting to do Christmas. I can't remember who is on my card list. If any Fugee fancies a card swap will they please let themselves be known to me! LOL

• Like 1