UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jack Dog Has A Lump

Pendlewitch

Jack dog has had a lump high up on his back leg for a year or more, vet was sure it was a lipoma but to watch it. During the past week it's grown a fair bit and has become hard, whipped him into the vets this morning and vet is not happy with it at all, he has to have it taken off next Tuesday, cue total panic!

• Like 1

Jack has had his surgery and is reasonably fine, the lump was not encapsulated but I have not yet found out if it was attached to the skin or the underlying tissues. The lump has gone off for pathology and I will get the results in about 10 days.

He has a maybe 4 inch incision from an inch in from the point of his butt cheek down his gaskin. There is no dressing on it an Jumble is showing far too much interest, I've tried a big sticky on thingy but it didn't stick, was going to try to put some long pants on him but near on lost my hand as he is very sore. Should I just leave him and keep Jumble dog away?

Good to hear he's through the operation, I hope the lump proves nothing sinister now.

I'd be inclined to ask your vet what they suggest as I'd be concerned he may nibble at the stitches himself even if you kept Jumble away but if you can't get anything on him & "plasters" won't stick they might have to sedate him if they wanted to put something like trousers on. Perhaps keep Jumble away & consider whether a buster collar is necessary?

Edited by Ian