UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

Nice!

I think I am in love. There has come into my world this sweet-voiced, calm intelligent woman who supports and guides me on my travels, soothes my worries about lack of direction, and never criticises or says "I told you so". Nothing fazes her, she is always there for me, the ideal partner I have been looking for all my life. I feel so relaxed in her company. OK so she is a satnav but no one is perfect. :luvlove:

• Like 4

Moaning :tired:

Looking forward to pics of Jayne's new wheels :flowers:

Came home last night, opened the patio door to let the dogs out, then went into the kitchen. When I came back into the living room someone had poo'd just inside the door so I nearly trod in it (thankfully firm and crumbly). Quite small poos so thought it was the cat, which would be highly unusual as she's never done it before and besides which, the door was open and none of my animals would poo inside if they could get out. Came down this morning, opened the door for the dogs, went into the kitchen, came back into the living room and someone had pee'd just inside the door, which I stood in. Never happened before with the door wide open. Started mopping it up with a towel, turned round and Taffy was squatting to poo right behind me. When I tried to get him outside he didn't want to go, so I had to physically pick him up and put him outside. I'm wondering if he's got something wrong with his tummy. Will keep an eye on him and see whether he has a decent poo today but if not then he's off to the vet.

Just found a wood pigeon outside with its tail and flight feathers missing. I caught it and it's currently in one of the soft crates with some water and food. There was one which flew into my window on Sunday but then flew away so I'm wondering if it's the same one and its feathers have fallen out with the stress. I've found the name of a wildlife sanctuary not too far away, so will give them a ring later. If all else fails I can keep it here until (hopefully) its feathers grow back.

I think I am in love. There has come into my world this sweet-voiced, calm intelligent woman who supports and guides me on my travels, soothes my worries about lack of direction, and never criticises or says "I told you so". Nothing fazes her, she is always there for me, the ideal partner I have been looking for all my life. I feel so relaxed in her company. OK so she is a satnav but no one is perfect. :luvlove:

Lucky you! Very handy for getting Wispa to the right place for tracking I bet.

OH's satnav is a bossy so and so and I do my best not to let her get into my car too often.

I'm old fashioned I'm afraid, I stick to maps and printed out directions from route master! I've read so many accounts of people being directed up one way streets, impassable tracks, into rivers etc by their sat navs that I just wouldn't trust them, no matter how lovely the voice :biggrin: .

Dylan is right as rain now but I don't know what was wrong with Rosie this morning..our routine is whoever gets up first goes downstairs, gets two glasses of orange juice and puts coffee and tea in the mugs, then cuts up two pieces of carrot (I know, our dogs are weird!) brings the drinks and carrot up and gives carrot to the dogs. Rosie started eating hers then screamed and screamed...her patella sometimes goes out but no it wasn't that...every time we touched her she screamed more, and her carrot piece was in two bits on the bed. She calmed down eventually and ate it, and she ate her breakfast fine and went for her walk with OH and Dylan but..and it's a big but for possibly the noisiest dog on the planet..since the screaming incident she hasn't uttered a sound. Getting her lead on usually is accompanied by a volley of barks likewise waiting for her food bowl to go down but silence. I'm enjoying the peace, but wondering what the heck's causing it! :unsure:

Taffy even :D Don't think so, he's not frightened of anything that one.

Managed to find a wildlife sanctuary about 40 minutes away and luckily I am working from home today (apart from a meeting this morning not far away) so will ring them after 9 and try and pop Mr Pigeon down at lunchtime. His feathers are dropping off all over the shop, bless him :wub

• Like 1

morning all

day 4 of walking without the zimmer aannddddd

trudy is coming home! just got to pray she doesnt mess me about again, but I can get after her this time

her bed is back in the living room and her steps are at the sofa. need to put water down.

im excitteedddd

getting back to normal. well,you know... whatever that is lol

love to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Like 2

Pleased to hear you are doing well Jazz, just don't over do things and try to run now you can walk! Could you have Trudy on a long trailing lead or something, so if she tries to dash where you don't want her, you can stand on it?

Hope Taffy's problem turns out to be nothing serious Alex, and you get the pigeon sorted out successfully. Maybe a cat grabbed it, hence the feathers coming out?

I have neglected you all - been soooo busy cos it's my knee op tomorrow and I have had so much to get ready.

I'm in at 7.30 am so will probably neglect you further till I get back home.

Not had a chance to read back so I hope you're all well and hugs if you're not xxx

hope Taffy is o.k Merledogs and your little pigeon too!

Jazz, glad you are on the mend

Owl you do make me chuckle!!!

claz, good luck for tomorrow

Yantan............ good luck with retyping your email!

i am seriously grumpy today, people keep driving to our area, parking across the junction of the road to our close and this means our bins don't get emptied... out of sheer desperation i tried to move mine and my neighbours bins and have done my hip in....... if only they could use their common sense! i have seriously had enough!

good luck! knees are soooo much easier than hips lol

her problem last time was as soon as lewis went to work, she would mess on the floor, I couldnt pick it up so it was there for 11 hours!. thats with the dog flap open that she would use the rest of the time. she would slowly walk away looking behind her, blatantly saying 'what ya gonna do?'

sod