UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

Yes, thanks for asking Suzeanna. There was nothing obvious on the small pictures the technician could see although they will be looked at more closely by an expert and the results posted to me in a few weeks.

When I got to the hospital a sign mislead me and I ended up in sitting in the wrong department for a half-hour before I realised there was something wrong. When I got to the right place, now 35 minutes late for my appointment, another lady who was waiting told me she had also done the same as me so I complained. The technician went to remove the sign and brought a man back she found also waiting in the wrong department (same one I went to initially) The technician referred to something that I was supposed to know from my appointment letter so I told her I never got one and I was only there by pure chance! She then said most of the people on her list had failed to show so they must not have had a letter either. Come on NHS, you can't afford to be making these silly admin mistakes and wasting staff and resources as a consequence.

Owl I wouldn't have been so polite with that tosser today. You are reserved but delightfully so. I know I enjoyed meeting you :)

• Like 1

Owl that bloke sounds a right Nob....... how is insulting what somebody does going to help them lighten up???? it would have either earned him a quick kick somewhere it hurts or a damn good punch off me!!!!

Yantan glad you got to your appt eventually

there is a notice up round by me saying somebody got mugged last week..... at 6pm whilst walking her dog!! i live in a really nice area too!

Yantan, what a complete waste of NHS time and everyone else's. Glad you got there in the end, and thank you for kind comment.

Person of 5ft 4ins cannot reach to punch person of 6ft 8 ins. However, I think aforementioned tall person may have been told off by person of 4ft 10 ins who is well scary :D Beware small but deadly females.

I do tend to explode if pushed but it takes quite a lot, and usually repeated provocation.

Yantan, what a complete waste of NHS time and everyone else's. Glad you got there in the end, and thank you for kind comment.

Person of 5ft 4ins cannot reach to punch person of 6ft 8 ins. However, I think aforementioned tall person may have been told off by person of 4ft 10 ins who is well scary :D Beware small but deadly females.

I do tend to explode if pushed but it takes quite a lot, and usually repeated provocation.

Oh I don't know...I'm about 5'4....and I wouldnt have been aiming for his chin..considerably lower.... :D
  • Like 2

Never mind, I have been cheered up by a sighting of Cozzie the Ozzie at Whaley country park this evening, called in by a lady on the Horsewatch network. The little chap isn't half covering the ground.

Someone in Dronfield has had a young GSP bitch go awol in Eccleshall woods as well. It all seems to be happening round here.

I'm rather worried about Dylan...he's had trouble in the past getting up, especially if he's been lying curled up on the settee...he's really screamed a couple of times and we thought maybe he'd trapped a nerve or something similar, but this morning he went three steps down the stairs then froze, shaking. Philip had to carry him down the rest. I gently massaged each side of his spine all the way down and nothing seemed to hurt. I'm reluctant to take him to the vet as investigation would mean an anaesthetic and they were reluctant to clean his teeth because of that, given he's possibly around 12/13. Any suggestions what could be the trouble, if you have a dog with similar symptoms?

Suzeanna, it does sound like he has pain from somewhere...... that is exactly what laney was like last week... the scream and the shaking, do you think giving him some canine pain relief for a few days and rest would be a good idea?? if no improvement then he would have to go to the vet.... i don't see why your vet would be reluctant to give dylan a GA because of his age, diez is 12 and she gets knocked out around once a year.... our vet always checks her heart and lungs and runs her bloodwork before he commences GA and provided all looks o.k he is happy to continue and we do tend to combine procedures so she will go for xrays and get a lump removed and / or teeth cleaned at the same time, i hope he feels better soon.

Suzeanna, it does sound like he has pain from somewhere...... that is exactly what laney was like last week... the scream and the shaking, do you think giving him some canine pain relief for a few days and rest would be a good idea?? if no improvement then he would have to go to the vet.... i don't see why your vet would be reluctant to give dylan a GA because of his age, diez is 12 and she gets knocked out around once a year.... our vet always checks her heart and lungs and runs her bloodwork before he commences GA and provided all looks o.k he is happy to continue and we do tend to combine procedures so she will go for xrays and get a lump removed and / or teeth cleaned at the same time, i hope he feels better soon.

Thanks for that..is there anything I can get for him without going to the vet? Can dogs safely have paracetamol?