UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

Nice and sunny here too, for now :cool02:

I bought one of the Provence heaters after cinders put my mind at rest and managed to get it into the house, out of the box and put together with only minor damage to my toes (bare feet and a cast iron stove being pulled on casters towards you don't really mix) :rolleyes: I'm burning off the smell of the coals at the moment so the door's wide open. Good job it's not raining. Need to have a look for a fire guard now to stop the mutts getting too close and burning themselves, especially Bumpy dog.

Edited by merledogs

Nice and sunny here too, for now :cool02:

I bought one of the Provence heaters after cinders put my mind at rest and managed to get it into the house, out of the box and put together with only minor damage to my toes (bare feet and a cast iron stove being pulled on casters towards you don't really mix) :rolleyes: I'm burning off the smell of the coals at the moment so the door's wide open. Good job it's not raining. Need to have a look for a fire guard now to stop the mutts getting too close and burning themselves, especially Bumpy dog.

I hope you're as happy with it as I am :)

I forgot to tell you, there is one drawback with it - you need oven gloves to turn it off. I usually pull my jumper sleeves down over my hands to prevent getting burned.

I had it on for a few hours and it wasn't too bad on the top bit but of course I'll be careful :)

I do really like it, but it's a shame you can't see the flames on the low setting. Looks lovely on high though. How long does a 15kg gas bottle last you? With my last one it lasted about a month cos I only ever had it on low because of the heat it gave off.

Loobie, go do something you've wanted to do but been putting off for a while. Doesn't have to be something fancy just something you'll enjoy. When I feel down now I just pick something off my wish list and go do it. One of mine was as simple as going to a sushi bar! The other was snowboarding but I'm still recovering from that :rolleyes: I find I get bored in the evenings so I go out, even if I just walk to the shop or take a book to Starbucks / pub, I just feel better being out of the house for a while

• Like 1

Loobs you are always welcome to pop over for a coffee & chat, or for a meal and a movie or summat.

We've had a lovely day, Amelia is soooooo cute and has such long legs - she's going to be quite tall when she grows up if they stay in those proportions. Nog and Bruno were good as gold, they both wanted a good look and sniff, Nog in particular stared into her eyes for a good long look before deciding that babies are a bit boring really and not worth missing out on his Sunday afternoon snoozing lol

I had it on for a few hours and it wasn't too bad on the top bit but of course I'll be careful :)

I do really like it, but it's a shame you can't see the flames on the low setting. Looks lovely on high though. How long does a 15kg gas bottle last you? With my last one it lasted about a month cos I only ever had it on low because of the heat it gave off.

The 15k gas refill lasts me about a month in the really bad weather. Longer in milder spells.

• Like 1

I know there are alot of people worse off than me and I am being very self absorbed but I am feeling really fed up and pathetic and dont know what to do to get myself out of it

Are you getting enough daylight? At this time of year, lots of people leave the house before its properly light, and come home again in the dark. For people who suffer from SAD, that is enough to bring on depression. Try getting a bit more daylight, alternatively, taking St Johns Wort helps a lot of people.

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

The 15k gas refill lasts me about a month in the really bad weather. Longer in milder spells.

Thanks. I will probably have it on for a few hours every day, does that sound about right? flowers:

suzeanna :GroupHug:

loobie :GroupHug:

RMF : Tossed and turned half the night (again) :( I am so worried that they won't like me at work and I won't pass my probation that it's making me miserable.

Moaning :tired:

Thanks. I will probably have it on for a few hours every day

RMF : Tossed and turned half the night (again) :( I am so worried that they won't like me at work and I won't pass my probation that it's making me miserable.

yes, I have my fire on for a couple of hours around lunchtime, then again in the evening, longer if its really cold.

Of course they'll like you, what's not to like? :GroupHug:

• Like 1

Alex...they do say that negative thoughts bring about their own fulfilment, if you think like that you will make it happen....you got the job, so why wouldn't you pass your probation? and why wouldn't they like you? Trouble is, if you behave in a stilted sort of way because you're afraid of saying or doing something wrong, people will get the wrong impression of you. I know my ex OH's friends all thought I was stuck up and unfriendly...I wasn't, I was cripplingly shy and always scared I'd say the wrong thing and look stupid so I didn't say anything at all. You will be fine, honestly you will.

• Like 3

:GroupHug: suzeanna, I hope tummy pains pass soon, there's nothing worse than being unwell in the night.

ALEX MERLE! I demand you stop thinking such atrocities! They will LOVE you at work and will recognise your skills and you will pass your probation without a single hiccup! :GroupHug: now go laugh really loud, like a crazy woman, for no real reason it will scare awake the miserablies :biggrin:

I was awoken rather early this morning because the care team couldn't figure out how to open an unlocked door! One the carers also asked if I should be getting ready for school as I was going to be late! I laughed and thanked her as I explained I was almost 30 and my school days are well behind me :laugh: I guess that's what happens when you wear and pink oneies with yellow ducks on it :laugh:

• Like 3