UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

Blimey where does the time go? I would have sworn the boiler was only 5 years old, but good old mum kept every single bit of paperwork relating to just about everything, and I've just found a 10 yr guarantee for my patio windows which is handy lol naturally everything is there about the boiler too and it was 10 years old on 18th Sept 2012 (I've lost 5 years somewhere!!!) I have all the history of who supplied it, who fitted it and every single service and repair record for the past 10 years, it only had a 2 year guarantee so no cover there, the boiler lost pressure in 2006 and had to be repressurised but they didn't replace the expansion tank at that time so my guess is that this is just fair wear and tear now and it needs doing. It was last serviced in May 2011 the February thing turned out to have been October 2011 (lost 5 months there LOL) and was not a service it was for a power clean of the full system which is what had come up as recommended on the May service.

Now I know the boiler is 10 years old though I think it might be worth having a think about a new one, we can afford it now but if it were to go in a couple of years who knows what our financial situation would be then.... on the other hand if its on contract and this gets done apparently theres feck all left to go wrong lol

Be careful what you get...I remember when we had that very cold winter a couple of years back, people's condensing boilers were breaking down by the hundreds...because they were freezing up! I think there is a pipe which goes outside, and of course that froze so the boilers wouldn't work. I know the plumber we had to sort out our combi told me to keep it going as long as I could, as the condensers are nothing but trouble in the winter. The law for new homes is...yep...condensing boilers!

Yeah the guy last night said that if it were him he'd just repair it and get it on contract, I've been researching all morning various trade in schemes etc money saving expert forums etc and as far as I can see even going the independent route a new boiler inc fitting etc would cost around £1400 and potentially quite a bit more depending on the boiler we chose, so in comparision even £600 isn't "that bad" I suppose.

My OH just phoned me in his lunch break, and said his manager came up and told him they've decided their Christmas do will be going to the greyhound racing. He said she looked very taken aback by how vehemently he said not on your life! I've sent him You Bet, They Die, and told him to print it out and leave copies strategically around the office.

• Like 1

I'm having a bit of an identity crisis and I don't have anyone to talk to about it, I've looked for support groups locally and online but I can't seem to find any applicable to me. Having lived a lie for many years, then finally living openly as a gay woman, now I'm living another lie by being in a secret relationship with a man I'm not quite sure how I go "back in the closet" and it's leaving rather confused :wacko: don't suppose Fugees know of any groups that deal with my kind of crazy?

Happy to chat if it would help.

I have friends who are various shades of sexuality - gay, bi, polyamorous, pansexual - and they've all battled with the 'acceptance' thing at one point or another.

I'd seriously suggest to stop trying to put a label on yourself and fit neatly in a box..... all that is important is that YOU are happy and the person you are with is happy. One bi-sexual friend once told me "I fall in love with someone for the person they are, not the gender they are born with". I liked that.

My 'admirer' in work is 28!!!! young enough to be a child of mine lol

Phil is 17 years younger than me. I've given up caring about age, it's other peoples problem, not ours. If you actually enjoy his company, why not have a drink and see if it's worth persuing?

No I don't have IBS...but I'm on chemo treatment from the hospital for a blood platelet problem, and that makes my blood less likely to clot, therefore ibuprofen..or aspirin...are likely to cause bleeding in the stomach.

You've probably been told this, but you do know never to take Ibuprofen etc. on an empty tummy? I take Diclofenac and always make sure it's with food.

Feeling :( tonight. I wish I could go into detail but I don't want to on a public board.

Just hugs :(

Snow we got our boiler from a builders merchants (through our builder) and it was only £400. We then paid corgi registered plumbers to fit it and it all came in significantly less than British Gas was quoting. Do you know any friendly tradesmen who would allow you to order a boiler through their account?

I did 18 months for Consumer Direct (Trading Standards Trained and am now an Affiliate of the TSI) and this came up on a regular basis...... something you need to be aware of when trying to save money this way.....

You buy a boiler, YOU have a contract with the supplier.

Your plumber buys the boiler, HE has the contract.

If the boiler develops a fault, you'll call the plumber out. The plumber can rightfully say it's a defect with the boiler, not his work, so you need to take it up with the supplier. The supplier can dispute it's the boiler and the fitting was iffy. You're caught in the middle. If the plumber buys the boiler and does the job for you, ANY defect or problem has to be shouldered by him. The Supply of Goods And Services Act 1982.

Having seen some of the horror stories consumers find themselves in, I would ALWAYS get a tradesman to buy the goods, nowadays, it's too messy if things go wrong any other way.

• Like 2

Claz don't think I could go out for a drink with anyone.

Really stupidly it has made me realise that I am lonely - how do other singles cope? Stupid I know cause I have been on my own for 10 years and it has just hit me like a steam train :-( :-(

Claz don't think I could go out for a drink with anyone.

Really stupidly it has made me realise that I am lonely - how do other singles cope? Stupid I know cause I have been on my own for 10 years and it has just hit me like a steam train :-( :-(

Why can't you go for a drink, silly? Go as mates, no pressure.

I'm guessing you've been so busy with the boys that you've not had time to ponder singledom? And maybe now they are more independant? I kinda liked being on my own for a while, the freedom to go out and do what I wanted, but I'm not very good at it in the long term.

Loobs :GroupHug: I am on my own too. Never used to get lonely but as I',m getting older I feel it more.

I've just ordered Dominos Pizza online. Googled and found a voucher code for 50% off when you spend over £20, so I ordered two pizzas and one will go in the freezer to be reheated at a later date. If anybody is interested, the code is PBTDJXYQ.

Had four hours sleep last night, waking up just after 3, followed by day 2 of a loooonngggg induction. It needn't have been quite as long but the trainer just went ooonnnn and ooonnnnn. As one person put it "it's half a day's training crammed into two days" lol.

Stephaknees - you are you. Regardless of your sexuality you've always been Ms Knees to me and the boys and we luff you, so stop worrying about it and be who you are, because anyone who knows you well will love you regardless. Unless they are a knob.

• Like 1

Yay - Keswick has been voted The Most Dog Friendly Town in something run by The K.C. I say that's true. Lots of shops and a few guest houses & hotels

put water dishes out, many accomodation suppliers accept dogs - some of those also go the extra mile to make people & their dogs welcome and you can take

your dog into a fair few shops.

Steph you don't need a label - just accept you are an awesome mushroom and leave it at that :)

• Like 1

Thanks for everyone's replies and support it really does mean a lot and helps :flowers:

you do have people to talk to...us. I don't think anyone here is the sort who would sneer or make nasty comments, and to be honest I think it's more common than you think. My OH said there are three women at his work who have changed sides, so to speak, and two of them were married! Look at the number of actresses who were married with children and now are with other women. I read somewhere that the "experts" think everyone has the potential to be bi sexual, it's just a case of finding the person/people who float your boat, and what sex they are is irrelevant. I can understand that you might want to keep your personal life just that, but I don't think it's something that needs support groups, which to me smack of saying there is something wrong with you..and there isn't.

Thank you :flowers: I just never expected to "switch back"

Good morning all!!!

kittycat - you don't have to be one thing or another - you are unique you - don't worry about it. Celebrate the fact that you are in a relationship with someone that ticks the boxes and makes you happy - no matter what gender. (I've no idea how old you are but am pretty sure I'm much older and have given up worrying about the way life goes but concentrate on enjoying it and sod the rest.) xx

Friday - at last....... :)

I'll do my best to sod the rest :biggrin:

Happy to chat if it would help.

I have friends who are various shades of sexuality - gay, bi, polyamorous, pansexual - and they've all battled with the 'acceptance' thing at one point or another.

I'd seriously suggest to stop trying to put a label on yourself and fit neatly in a box..... all that is important is that YOU are happy and the person you are with is happy. One bi-sexual friend once told me "I fall in love with someone for the person they are, not the gender they are born with". I liked that.

That makes sense and I don't really see the gender here just who he is and how we get along. I guess I just need a little bit of time to adjust.

Steph you don't need a label - just accept you are an awesome mushroom and leave it at that :)

I think I might need to make myself a t-shirt with that on as a constant reminder.

My biggest worry is falling back into an old habit but he knows me very well and has suggested an open relationship, which I'm fine with because there's certain things I won't do "in the bedroom" including looking at it :laugh: . I just feel a bit out of sync with who I thought I was and living another lie. He said to just tell everyone but it's not exactly that easy where we work, I know it will BIG gossip and I doubt anyone will let it die down quickly.

tired.com

Mum seems to have had another mini stroke this morning but came out of it enough to eat some fish from the chippy which she enjoyed no end. Then fell into a deep sleep, couldn't be roused, came round at 4 looking fairly bright. Can't find words to speak but when awake can mostly understand what is said to her and nod yes or no. Social services doing emergency reassessment early next week. They said they would discuss residential care and I said it is out of the question, we just need to organise a different home care plan and they accepted this. Also back to solicitor to finalise application for power of attorney, that has now been sent off.

Doglet just gone awol here in Dronfield, slipped collar when spooked by firework. So busy day tomorrow.

Kittycat

Whats it got to do with work who you are seeing. The only people it involves are you and the person. Why is he so keen for people to know ? Is he insecure about your relationship. Id spend a little less time worrying about who knows what and why and a little more time enjoying a relationship. Being part of a couple isnt living a lie if you are happy, its only living a lie if you are NOT happy.

It looks rather harsh what Ive put but its not intended that way. I choose not to be in a relationship at all so you are doing better than me lol

Hope things improve Owl

Edited by Trallwm farm
  • Like 1

Steph, I would say as long as you are both happy, sod what anyone else thinks and what label you give yourself. Labels only fade in the wash anyway and mean bugger all to most people. Goodness knows what label I would get (27 year old who has never had a relationship...), but I figure so long as I am happy, what will be will be. If you ever want to chat to someone face to face, don't forget I am just down the road from you :flowers:

Sorry to hear about your mum Owl, hope she is feeling better soon.

Really need to stop faffing on my iPad and go to bed, am working in Buxton tomorrow :rolleyes:

(null)