UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

I am showing off with multiquotes :D

My friend has just had a callback to the breast screening unit for Friday. We are being upbeat.

xx

Hope it's just because the pictures didn't come out clearly enough Loo. Or if it is anything that they've caught it nice and early as happened to my neighbour. She was whisked into Carlisle, had an op, followed by radiotherapy and was all done and dusted in just a few weeks. That was several years ago and she is right as rain these days :)

Moaning

WFH today and off to the vet at 09:00 because the abcess on his gum has come back They are such a bluddy worry

Is it Max with the abcess? Poor boy, I hope everything goes well at the vets. You are so right about them being a worry.

It's Rosie cav's fifth birthday today! :cheer: :cheer:

Happy Birthday Rosie. I hope you have a lufferly day even though your rotten mother hasn't bought you anything :D Perhaps extra hugs and fusses are the order of the day?

It's absolutely nissing it down here and Archie has just gone off with the DW happy as Larry. He doesn't care what the weather is doing as long as he's out getting a walk. Esther. the DW, came well togged up in her waterproofs and says she doesn't mind being out in bad weather because she's used to it and always makes sure she is watertight! LOL.

Happy birthday Rosie :partytime:

The vet thinks the lump on Max's gum may just be a thickening of his gums. The bump on his leg looks like some sort of skin growth. We have antibiotics for another week to see if Max's lump on his gum clear up, and to see whether the lump on his leg goes down (if it is a bite). If they are still there in a week then we have to go back and book him in for biopsies on both :(

Fingers crossed for Max's lumps to be nothing to worry about Alex. :GroupHug:

My OH is getting rather annoyed with his work, he put in for four days holiday over Christmas back in about March..they still haven't told him whether he can have them or not, and if not he has to squeeze those four days in before the end of the year, which won't be easy given the number of people off sick.

Sounds like they need to get their arses in gear.

Speaking of Christmas, just spoke to my boss about what's happening over Christmas. He said that I can have it off if I want to. I think I'm going to take Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off an work 27/28 with one day in the office and one day WFH. Or I might just take the whole lot off and have 11 days Chrimbo holiday :santa:

Big :GroupHug: for Max, hope all turns out to be nothing.

Happy birthday Rosie :party:

I am making Halloween food for a little party we're having tonight, true to style I started off very enthusiastic and have now lost all interest :rolleyes: ill hopefully get a second wind when it comes to making my ghoulish pizza! I'm really deflated now so gonna chill on the sofa for a bit ^_^

• Like 1

Hoping Max is feeling better soon :GroupHug:

Happy birthday Rosie :)

Hoping you get your motivation back for making party food Steph :)

Been quite busy over last few days, went to Tone and Shape class this morning at the gym with the amazingly gorgeous instructor - he may be gorgeous, but he is evil :laugh: Legs are like jelly - he doesn't half like his squats. I thought I would cope ok with stuff like that as I ride, but apparently not, I was useless! Worst thing was that there was only 4 of us in the class, so I couldn't hide at the back and cheat :rolleyes: I had figured that going to the gym 3x per week over the last month would have helped my fitness, but I was knackered!

Have also been referred by my GP to get a lump removed from my mouth - had one about 10 years ago that had to be removed, got another one now as a result of having too much wine and biting through my lip a couple of months ago. It has left a cyst in my mouth that is quite painful - hoping the waiting list isn't too long!

Fingers crossed Jayne :GroupHug:

I am having crackers with hot smoked salmon for lunch and the dogs are looking at me longingly because they lurve a bit of salmon :wub:

I'm expecting delivery of two parcels from zooplus. One they tried to deliver yesterday but I wasn't in. I need to go shopping around 4 ish. What's the betting they will come later than that? :rolleyes:

Edited by merledogs

Parcels have arrived from zooplus, so we're now stocked up on Arden Grange (much to the dogs' relief cos we've tried some other stuff recently which they haven't liked nearly as much) and treats and chews (for Christmas). At the vets shop earlier I also bought a new sponge football and some Arden Grange treats, plus some other chewy hickory things, so they're being spoiled rotten today.

The new soft crate has also arrived, which has caused much delight :wub: I may have to get another one so that Max, Taffy and Beau have one each. Wish I could get Timmy inside one cos I'm sure he'd feel a bit safer with the fireworks, but he's having none of it. Now I just have to remember to drape a towel over the side of it because Max will no doubt pizz all over it one of these nights :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hello. Busy day yesterday, didn't get the chance to pop in. Post holiday washing, signing on, pre-op bloods/pee/MRSA test, vet visits for Scooby and Misty and Phil round here cluttering the place up

I've been feeling s*** all day today, had an awful headache and, about an hour ago, pain like I had when I had gallstones, cold sweats and pure awfulness. But I just did spectacular throwing up (sorry for TMI) and am feeling a lot better. Odd. Diagnose THAT for me :-/

Am going to shove a sign on the door to Trick or Treaters to f*** off, and am going to get a quick nap. If I disappear it's cos I never woke up.

Hope everyone is okay xxx