UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

The clocks go back this weekend don't they?

They do indeed :(

Good morning Fugees :wavey:

It's very cold here (well, not where I am because I'm still in bed, snuggled under my duvet :) ) Yesterday evening, my gas bottle on the gas fire ran out and Betsy was cold, despite having the central heating on, so we had to come to bed early :rolleyes: . She's now doing her "starving spaniel" act and getting Pansy to whine too, so I'd better get up & give them their breakfast.

Have a good Friday everyone :cool2:

• Like 1

In theory it does, but as our dogs will still want to be let out at their usual time, I doubt I'll get an hour extra. I had an awful night, went to bed at 10.15, still awake at 1.20..my feet were freezing...put another duvet on the bed, then I was too hot! :confused: Looked at the time...3.30, still not been to sleep. 4.25...nope! then I must have drifted off, woke with a jump checked the time and it was 5.45..no point in trying to go back to sleep as the alarm goes at 6.20. I'm off to the hospital this morning, I just hope I don't nod off in the waiting room! I just checked the temperature in here..59! no wonder I'm cold.

Morning, sorry no time to catch up! A flying visit from me as we're off to Cornwall within the hour. Just the last minute bits and bobs and 2 dogs to shove into the car. Don't think we have wifi at the cottage we're renting so I'll probably be missing till Tuesday.

So have a great weekend, see you next week xxx

• Like 1

:laugh: I might see if I can have that as my name tag for the weekend, Marion!

It is optional for staff but they don't let supervisors dress up :( I would have a looked good in a tux :laugh:

You would too!

Guess who turned up at the door about an hour ago folks? Yes the Kiwi. She asked to see Ruby and when I told her she wasn't here she did an eye roll. She was exuding attitude so I just asked if she had come to pay back the money she owed Ruby and she did a long "yeeeeeees" and look black-affronted that I had the temerity to ask. I told her she could give me the money and I would see that Ruby got it. She refused and stood there like a sulky 15 year old saying she would wait until she saw Ruby in person.

Personally I think she had come to try and get Ruby to agree to her stopping over tonight. I was really annoyed with her attitude today - there was no "thanks for putting me up and feeding me" - no, just feckin attitude!

I've always thought I would like to go to New Zealand someday but all this has fair put me off the place now :(

yantan not all kiwis are the same!!!!!!!!! my bro goes to NZ each year and the people are sooooooo kind and helpful, he says he reckons it is like what the UK was in 50's / 60's. shame that she is such a madam as i bet there will be a few people thinking along the same lines as you now the impression she has left on people has not done her native country any good at all. what a cheeky cow though, i bet she thinks it is just you that doesn't want her at your house not both you and ruby, hope she doesn't turn up tonight!!!

Karen thanks for that link, might register and have a nosy.

Kittycat hope your day isn't too stressful, i am supposed to see skyfall with my dad but i don't think i can sit still long enough so will have to wait until it comes out on DVD

i got up this morning and didn't feel sick yeah!!!!! had my tablets and then felt ill so it has to be one of those...just need to narrow down which. my face is also bright red....you could light a fag off me!!! i popped to town and everyone was staring at me Lol bought the dogs some bandanas to spray the DAP on, diez is not amused!

Hugs to everone, love reading all your news.

I hear on the news that there has been snooooo in the UK today - well I can honestly say there isn't a cloud in the sky in my part of the world! But of course that means it'll freeze tonight......

Went with Baby Girl to a wedding frock fitting today but it fits so well there are no alterations needed. She is buying the sample dress which is in perfect condition and spotless. The shop will dry clean it anyway and we will collect it in four weeks when BG pays the balance. It will be stored in my spare room with everything else. SIL2B is coming tonight to look at putting a hook in the ceiling!!

The elf service has moved the goal posts again and there are no jobs out this week. Instead we have to be matched and pooled and then the other jobs will be released for those who haven't been matched and pooled to apply for. If these are not filled after interviews then those who were matched and pooled can apply. Yam a bit nervous because the job I do now is not a match and pool job so if I'm matched and pooled..........d'ya see what I mean??

Anyways what the heck it's FRIDAY!!!!

Yantan - I've met lots of kiwis - Father Bob was a shepherd before he took to clipping alpacas and we had kiwis staying with us every year for lambing time and I loved 'my boys'. In fact Youngest Son has a kiwian God father. Must admit your 'friend' does seem a tad strange!! Perhaps she's trick or treating!!!

:) x

Evening :wavey:

Yesterday evening, my gas bottle on the gas fire ran out and Betsy was cold, despite having the central heating on, so we had to come to bed early :rolleyes: . She's now doing her "starving spaniel" act and getting Pansy to whine too, so I'd better get up & give them their breakfast.

I have a calor gas fire too, mine love it (and thankfully it's almost full cos we'll need it this weekend by the look of it) :flowers:

Suzeanna - hope you have a better night's sleep tonight :GroupHug:

Griffalo - hope you find out which tablet it is :flowers:

I think all the cinema staff should dress up in Bondage gear :)

You hussy :ohmy:

Can't believe the woman had the brass neck to turn up at yours. Don't let her put you off NZ though, she's only one person :flowers:

Clazook - have a nice holibob (although you'll be gone by now) :flowers:

RMF : Hollands pies have a new flavour out - Chicken and Ham. It's feckin lush!

Nuvver RMF : Arden Grange have been sneaky and changed from 15kg sacks to 12. Wish they bluddy wouldn't.

Edited by merledogs

Evening

Hope work isn't stressful Steph

Glad you seem to be settling into new job well Alex.

Flaming cheek of that woman after all you've done for her Marion

Griff hope you can now identify the naughty pill easily

Suzeanna hope you get a good nights kip tonight

Have got my first food order so feel like I'm hitting the big time lol

• Like 1