UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Evening

What do you have to do to cancel a virgin contract. They completely stuffed up my order and even though they have promised it's been cancelled I still have couriers coming around trying to delivery the damn thing. Have just had to ring them yet again to demand refund of not one but two delivery charges that they have taken out of my bank account. Not happy does not begin to cover it. Have spoken to yet another person who assures me he has put the refund through and the orders have been cancelled. We'll see. I have absolutely no faith in them whatsoever and it's stressing me out.

Sorry little cav passed away on his own. Very sad

Hope Suzeanna managed to get to the hospital and the appointment went well

Glad you've got your appointment through Claire. I won't know until tomorrow night if we still need to move Billy to Berkshire. However I'm not sure we're going to be able to get him to Northampton for 10.30am

Griff I think you'll have to tell the hospital all of your symptoms so they can take the very best care of you. Wonder if it's a side affect of something. Hope the appointment goes well.

Hope you are feeling more relaxed now Alex

Have had a run tonight and it felt easier. Still not going very far but deffo improving so that will keep me going.

Evening

What do you have to do to cancel a virgin contract. They completely stuffed up my order and even though they have promised it's been cancelled I still have couriers coming around trying to delivery the damn thing. Have just had to ring them yet again to demand refund of not one but two delivery charges that they have taken out of my bank account. Not happy does not begin to cover it. Have spoken to yet another person who assures me he has put the refund through and the orders have been cancelled. We'll see. I have absolutely no faith in them whatsoever and it's stressing me out.

What a pain! I've never changed my energy supplier or anything else because I'm scared of exactly this sort of thing happening.. I hope the last person who told you it's now sorted is right.

Glad you've got your date at last Claire, now let's hope that they don't cancel it at the last moment, hospitals seems to be good at that.

I found out the reason for the buses being so late yesterday, there had been an accident on the main road into Chesterfield. I got there in time in the end, luckily, as they've gone and changed where the blood tests are taken. It used to be quite near the main reception, now you have to traipse half way round the flipping hospital! Back there again tomorrow for my haematology appt, I hope I don't have to stand waiting for a bus so long next time as it's meant to be frreeezing tomorrow.

Edited by suzeanna

Morning :wavey:

We appear to have slightly less murk this morning than the previous few days. There's even a hint of blue in the sky, but there is a very cold wind.

Claire, I'm glad you've got a date for your op, is it a total knee replacement? I hope you get a sitter sorted soon :spudniknurse:

Jacobean, good luck with Virgin. It reminds me of when I tried to cancel Mum's contract with Talk Talk, they just wouldn't cancel it until she died :evil2:

Merledogs, I hope the meeting goes well. I know the feeling about talking rubbish when you're nervous, I used to have the same problem when I was working. I called it Motormouth :blink:

• Like 1

Morning. Dogs fed and medicated, me fed and medicated, today goes..... animal food shop, car valet, hair cut, mechanic, bank, human food shop, window cleaner, pack, pub (pub with THE hottest landlord).

Tomorrow goes...... Cornwall! I'm taking himself to meet my oldest bessie mate and for him to see I'm not exaggerating when I say Bodmin is bleak and 'orrible. But that's where she now lives so we will suffer it bigsmile.gif

Thanks for good knee wishes, hopefully it's only an Oxford joint (partial) but they will decide once they're in there.

I need to be out of here by 10 so had better get a wiggle on. Have a tremendous Thursday xxx

OMG! Our Kiwi visitor has sent a text to Ruby

Hi Ruby, phone is broken. do you want to met for dinner tonight. we could met at Moot Hall say around 6 o'clock if that is ok the hostel wants to charge me £26.50 to stay on friday night so can i please stay with you. I know it will be inconvenient for Marion but i can't afford to stay at the hostel. I will check back in later today for a reply. thanks

I can't believe the feckin' cheek!

Who in hell travels thousands of miles from home with not enough money to pay their way? Especially at the age of 50. She already owes Ruby £20 and no doubt would leave her with the tab for the dinner she suggests if Ruby were to go (she's not.)

edited to change font size!

Edited by Yantan

OMG! Our Kiwi visitor has sent a text to Ruby

Hi Ruby, phone is broken. do you want to met for dinner tonight. we could met at Moot Hall say around 6 o'clock if that is ok the hostel wants to charge me £26.50 to stay on friday night so can i please stay with you. I know it will be inconvenient for Marion but i can't afford to stay at the hostel. I will check back in later today for a reply. thanks

I can't believe the feckin' cheek!

Who in hell travels thousands of miles from home with not enough money to pay their way? Especially at the age of 50. She already owes Ruby £20 and no doubt would leave her with the tab for the dinner she suggests if Ruby were to go (she's not.)

edited to change font size!

If her phone i broken how could she text or get a reply?

What happened to her pay going in the bank on Wednesday?

She really is unbelievable.

Stay away, very far away.

How long is she supposed to be here for? Or is it until she runs out of people to sponge off.

Blackmagic she is here until Sunday as she wants to go to a work reunion. She is supposed to be sharing a room with a couple of other attendees in a B&B Sat and Sun. She has asked one of the women to take her back with her to stay overnight in Lancashire at the woman's house (she has already stayed there for 3 nights going back a couple of weeks) before she leaves for NZ on Tuesday. She has pi$$ed everyone off she has stayed with over the 3 weeks she has been in the UK. She was in France for a week prior to coming over here.

Archie is out for lunch with the DW and her mum and of course his girlfriend, Sadie. They were walking in Whinlatter forest before calling at the cafe up there for their refreshments. I can't think the DW will be doing anything silly with her mum in tow! Or at least I hope not - they have been gone for 2 and a quarter hours now. I think they will be sitting on the terrace outside enjoying a leisurely lunch.

ooooooooooooooooooo no Yantan, totally agree keep her well away!!!! it is her problem and not yours or ruby's that she is a div who travels round the world with no cash to fund it! as blackmagic says, if her phone is knackered how did she send a text and how can she receive it???? and also as blackmagic says wasn't she supposed to be getting paid yesterday? if so she should surely have enough for the friday night.

Claz, my mum has just had a partial knee replacement done, hope everything goes well.

Jacobean, we had the same problem trying to cancel the broadband, we got emails saying it was cancelled and they kept trying to take money from my mums bank so she cancelled the DD then we got a bill saying if we didn't pay they would start court proceedings..... i had 3 emails sitting in my inbox saying it was definitely cancelled... lets hope it is finally done.

Merledogs, hope your meeting went o.k

Suzeanna good luck at the hospital today

i had my chemo...told them how ill i had been feeling...advice??? don't eat spicy food.. eat toast and cereal.... thats what my breakfast is but doesn't stop me feeling ill. i also thought it was going to be my last lot of chemo... it isn't.

• Like 1

Archie has just had a fitting for his fireworks balaclava so the neighbour who is knitting it for him knows just where to attach the ear "swirls". She's made it in a red because red really suits him. He couldn't get his head in it fast enough. He loves dressing up!

• Like 2

Griff, sorry you are suffering. You say not the last lot of chemo..did they say how many more? I know it's cold comfort when you are feeling so rough, but I read in the paper yesterday about a fifteen year old girl who had vasculitis...as common as meningitis apparently, though I haven't heard of it...but she also had the "very rare" Wegeners Granu..whatsit....and sadly she died, thankfully unaware that she was dying. The chemo and it's effects are rotten, but the alternative is worse. :GroupHug:

ah bum, poor girl such a waste of a young life at least i have had 33 years to screw myself up!!...... i have the wegeners and vasculitis.... i am not planning on dying though.... well not yet and i want some advance notice anyway as i have my hitlist to work through Lol, after i got back from the hospital and posted on here i got a phonecall....got to see my consultant, this is the first offical time since my discharge at the start of july!! i should have been seen after my third session of chemo, i am hoping he isn't going to change my treatment or put me on to the tablet for of cyclophosphamide as that is more dodgy than the IV stuff and if it makes me feel ill i won't take it which wouldn't be very helpful... plus going from iv to tablet for or another treatment has financial implications for me (which would cost me £160 a month!)

Yantan i am very jealous that you got somebody to knit Archie a balaclava, i am desperate for one for diez, she does have mutt muffs (merledogs no giggling!!) but they don't stay on all that well, they do help though so hopefully the balaclava will help Archie too, i just had to give her one tablet and used the mutt muffs and DAP but i am using a different diffuser this time

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-behaviour-pet-stress-supplements-c-837_150/pet-remedy-diffuser-and-refill-p-5988

i have the spray and the dap spray just incase. does archie have tummy trouble?? is he o.k with potato? i did read that feeting a carb heavy evening meal just before dark helps dogs with firework fear.... if you have a google i am sure you will find so info

Suzeanna, was it today you were at the hozzy or tomorrow?? hope your bus turned up and you didn't wait too long to see your heamotologist