UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

The cake was bought for our team to share, so it's half gone today :) We should know how much money the cakes raised for Macmillan cancer care soon.

Well done you :elefant:

Poor old cav we went tracking last week was found dead of natural causes near the area we pinpointed. His time was probably up anyway, he was 15 and getting very confused, but I'm sad that we couldn't get him home for his last days. The man who found him said he was just lying there, and hadn't been there 2 days ago, so must have gone since then. But the owners were relieved to have his body back, rather than just vanishing. We did get the right area, but there was a lot of scrub he would have been hiding in when we were there, places he could go where we couldn't, and he had left such a labyrinth of scent in his confused wanderings that you couldn't tell whether he was coming or going.

Poor little cav :(

Did anyone watch Rolf's Animal Clinic on channel 5 tonight? They were filming it when Blue was over there - eagerly watched out for him in the background, but no sign of him tonight.

I watched it :)

:ohno02: Yantan , you've never watched The Big Bang Theory, your life must be sooooo empty lol :laughingsmiley: Its the best thing there is although did enjoy Rolfs animal programme last night.

Thats so sad over the cav but at least hes been found and seems like he went peacefully

Yay, well done Marge!

Edited by collies r best

Poor little cav, shame he didn't find his way home.

I have to go to the hospital for a blood test this morning...I can see the bus stop from my bedroom window and two women have been standing there for nearly twenty five minutes. Considering the buses are supposed to run every ten, this doesn't bode well! I have to get a bus into Chesterfield then another to the hospital, I have a feeling I'm going to be very late, assuming I get there at all :mad:

Well done Marge, hope it tasted better than it looked! :D

Poor little Cav, so sad that he wasn't with his family when he went to the Bridge but I'm glad for them that his body was found. We once lost one of our cats, Jennifur, she simply went out one day and never came back and the not knowing has always bothered me. She was only 2 years old :(

Damnation! I meant to watch the Rolf Harris programme and forgot it was on :(

Noah you is very wise!!! stay in bed in the toasty warm for as long as you can!

i missed rolf, decided to go for beer with my dad...... i feel rough Lol, to be honest though it isn't anything to do with beer, i have felt sick for over 3weeks now and the sweat keeps pouring out of me, if i say something tomorrow at the hospital they will refuse my treatment and i am already flaring up.... i don't know what to do for the best

Oh dear all you lot suffering with cold weather. I'm wearing a t-shirt and have just been outside topping the bird feed up and it was fine. Not a shiver. I've no heating on and I am sitting here quite comfortable. Weather forecast said it was due to get much colder at the weekend though.

Griff, I'm sorry you aren't feeling wonderful. I'll keep thinking positive thoughts for you and hope that they can help at the hospital tomorrow. Hugs.

Eeeeeeeeeeek and hooooooooooooray in equal measures. About 2 months after the NHS guidelines, I finally have a date for my knee op. Wednesday 14th November. I now need to find a Scooby and Misty sitter and a Claire sitter. If you know any homeless, dog loving, cranky old woman loving people, please send them my way!

Edited by ClazUK

suzeanna - hope you made it to the hossie and back okay :flowers:

griff - healing thoughts for your poorliness (not the self induced bit) :flowers:

clazook - good news about your op and hope you manage to find a sitter on all counts :flowers:

I've had a v busy day at work and am feeling shattered and because I'm hormonal, very tearful.