UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Suzeanna, i hope your son is ok , life can be so cruel. Theres not many blokes that would put up with that situation so the fact that he does says a lot about what kind of bloke he is.

Snow, can i have some of your get up ang go please. Mine is awol and on a long holiday methinks!

Has that annoying woman left the building yet Yantan!

What a nightmare, was hoping she'd gone for good!

I can't multi-quote but it WAS the wine, I'm a perfectly normal person! :blink: . . . Sometimes!

Marion prehaps you're having a family crisis and need to spare bed for your "niece" who's coming to stay as she has no where else to go! Or I can come round with a bottle of wine she'd soon feck off :D just leave her bag in the garden, lock the door and don't open it again!

• Like 2

That's an awful situation for your son Suzeanna, poor lad.

I've just been out and realised that it's half-term - the town is packed with tourists. It's no wonder Trisha couldn't get in at the hostel. I doubt she will have much luck then at the other two :( There are however lots of vacancy signs up in the B&B's as people have turned more to self catering or prefer to treat themselves to hotels these days. The B&B's only ever seem to be full at the weekends.

I really have a stonking headache. I'm going to watch Downton that I recorded last night and I might try and have a sleep.

I hope everyone on here has a good day :)

Hope your headache soon goes Yantan.

Can anyone with hairdressing experience give me some advice? I take low dose chemo tablets daily, and I've noticed recently my hair is coming out..not in handfuls thank heaven, but certainly my pillow, the back of the sofa etc have quite a bit of my hair on them. I colour my hair with Nice n Easy, one of the blonde shades and my roots really need doing but I'm worried that it will make my hair fall out even more! anyone?? would it be safe? or do I just buy a hat..or lots of hats?

Grump*

Can anyone dogsit for a few days, please? I'm exhausted. Bed at 1.30, up at 3.15, 5.45 and 7.30. I look like a bag of poo :( I have no idea what to do, I cannot get the little sods empty enough to last the night. I'm now seriously worried what to do post-op as I won't be able to rush up and down stairs but I certainly won't be able to mop up ensuing puddles if I don't get up.

*Grump*

I've never had bags under my eyes but I now do. I didn't get to a planned trip to Brum yesterday through lack of sleep and a pounding headache.

*Grump*

On the plus side we have a mini holiday coming up, and I get to see my oldest bestest mate, so that's excellent.

House to clean today cos I have 2 potential new lodgers coming round tomorrow,

Sorry it's all me me me but I'm very Meh right now. Will try to degrump as the day goes on.

Claire, looking ahead to your op is there room for a bed downstairs whilst you recuperate, or is the only loo upstairs? A neighbour of mine had a horrible accident some years back, a big loose dog running in the field went straight into her and smashed her kneecap and she had a bed in the living room and a commode...she said she felt awful about the whole thing but she just couldn't make it up the stairs! My next door neighbour has a lurcher which is completely un housetrained, and he leaves his back door open all night so the dog can get out to go...and bark..and bark...and bark some more. Can your hounds be confined at night in a room with an uncarpeted floor or would they just bark the place down?

Thanks both. There's a v v uncomfy sofa bed downstairs and a loo both up and down. But I'm not sure I'm going to rest well that way. If I ignore them, I'll be too wobbly to clear up when they mess (and Scooby does runny cow-pats cos of the meds he's on which Phil, understandably, won't clear up). The only thing that might work is a dog flap but Scoob is so huge it would be a burglar flap, too.

I've just spent a frustrating ten minutes grovelling around in the wet shrubbery at the end of the garden trying to catch an injured young thrush :mad: It can't fly, but boy can it run. There's so much undergrowth for it to hide in that I've had to give up and just hope none of the three cats next door find it. My attempts weren't helped by two very interested dogs...they were good though and went away when I told them to. No doubt next time they are let out they'll be up there doing there own search!

Claz - dunno what to suggest :GroupHug:

suzeannea - maybe he should call her bluff and tell her that he is not prepared to live with her mother any more. Then see how they do for money :mad1:

Marion - are you able to do a bit of ringing round hostels and b&bs while she is out to try and find her something (including the one which she says in full cos she may be fibbing)? Then when she comes back you can say that you've found her somewhere and you'll book it for her while she's on her way there :smug-1:

I've been to Costco to get bird food and ended up buying more stuff I didn't know I needed :rolleyes:

Just as my other cold sore starts to get better, I've got another one coming up :competitive: