UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Keeping everything crossed the DW and Archie show up soon.

I do think I have had a lucky escape with Pervy Pete (as the girls at the farm have called him). I do tend to attract weirdos - last bloke I met through online dating sent me pictures of his doofer too... Needless to say he was given the brush off pronto as well!

(null)

Hoofeckinray! They are all safe and well and en-route home in the car.

They normally do this route in 5 to 6 hours and have been up there on a couple of dozen occasions but Cara wasn't able to walk at her normal speed which meant that when darkness came it slowed them up even more as they were being extra careful about where they were putting their feet. Archie has never stopped wagging his tail and was still running around at his usual speed right up until they got back to the car.

• Like 5

Good grief that had my nerves jangling. Thank goodness they're all safe.

Jayne a friend in work has met up with quite a few chaps via internet dating agencies and the tales she has to tell! Lucky escape there then.

Really pleased Claz the mushroom and Cheryl got to meet up today and Cheryl is feeling a bit brighter.

Wonder if Steph remembers drunken message lol. Sorry the audit wasn't so good.

• Like 1

Hi to all Fugees, human, animal and mushroom. So glad Archie and his walkers are safe, most worrying.

I missed all the drama because Wispa and I have been up to Haworth area, tracking a batty old cavalier who is deaf and 15 years old but still goes like the clappers. Didn't find him but at least found where he had been, which wasn't bad considering we started on a 6 day old trail after heavy rain. The walk was steep and slippery and we had to negotiate cows, sheep, horses and some strange lamb proof stiles which are pretty well human proof as well. Luckily I had 3 fit co-handlers with me. At least we know the old boy went uphill to the farms and not down into the river which was our main worry. We got some nice fresh scent up there. Other people will carry on the search, including some locals with springers who can work the thickets. We just got back to the car in time as rain came down in torrents again.

There are some interesting place names around there e.g. Stone Chair, Shelf, and Friendly. Fairly strenuous driving including unfamiliar M62. Wispa has crashed out in a heap, have wrapped her in a blanket. Mostly tomorrow we will be doing nothing whatsoever.

• Like 3

I am a prude as well then, Jayne, because I find that totally lacking in respect. Some blokes have a very strange idea of what impresses women. If a man wouldn't go round flashing at women he fancies, why does he think it's ok to do it by text?

• Like 2