UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

:run4hills:

Hello. I've not been able to get in for a while. 3 years in fact. I mentioned this to Snow tonight and she kindly fixed it for me in minutes :blush:

Did I miss much?!

What I've been up to:

• Still in Northampton, split up with man who was in my avatar until a few minutes ago (eeep), seeing newish man who is thankfully local.
  • Lost my Dad last year, plus Sky, Guinness and my Oldies Club foster girl, Sis.
  • Adopted a one eyed lurcher girl, Misty, from Canine99 and am now fostering Scooby, a terminally ill greyhound boy for GRWE (only he's faking it - I was told he had weeks to live, 9 months ago).
  • Unemployed at present, awaiting a new knee in the next month or so.

I have a load of you on Facebook but it's lovely to see some of you I've not seen in ages :cheer:

Edited by ClazUK
  • Like 1

Hellllllllo everyone, long time no speak, thought i would pop in and say helloooooooooo :cool03: got lost in cyber space with the new format and such a lot happened in last year or so.. so will do a quick brief update..some good, some bad.. as is life :spit:

Rehomed several rescue pets, 5 kittens, a budgie, rabbits, cats, hamster and fish and two dogs...

Rainbow Bridge beckoned for our old rabbit Mr Fezziwig who passed away in January in my arms.. miss him like mad..and Coment and Satelitte our old gold fish passed away..miss them like also..

Also sadly last week Purdy our 10 month old kitten sadly passed away in my arms on way to vets, told him if he couldnt make it to the vets it was ok to go Rainbow Bridge and find all our other pets.. he had a pm and we just had him neutered 2 weeks go, he was booked into vets as he was very quiet after the op and then had a bit of runs so booked him into vets.. but sadly he took turn for worse and we were rushing to the emergency vets.. sadly poor little might passed away.. miss him like mad..

Sister passed away of cancer this time last year and knowing her she will be at rainbow bridge playing with all the rabbits..

We welcomed Velvet, black cat into our household this year and shes a lovely cat.. :lily:

Good things happened...

Got new car

Started new business

Looking for a new house next year

Still happily married..

Pudsey collie now 15... Lottie heeler 16 had two bouts of mammary cancer, even tho speyed, and survived well and is growing old disgracefully..Millie and Badger both 12 are fine and so is Maddoch, Fliss and Fern collies.. Clara turned out to be a Clarence and is stunning cat and is absoloutely massive, and the three girls, Maud aka flea, Verity and Velvet...are also doing good..

well thats the update lol :cheer:

:wavey: Hi Claz :biggrin:

Snow, you don't look how I thought you would - despite you saying the other day your hair was in ringlets, I thought you had short hair :wacko:

Day off tomorrow - helping at farm in the morning, then hopefully meeting Owl and Wispa at some point :)

(will send you a text Owl when am done st the farm :) )

Goodness, two faces from the past, great to see you both again.

Sorry to hear of your various losses ((hugs))

Claz, I was thinking of you the other day when i was putting away summer clothes. I still have the dresses you kindly gave me when I had shingles & couldn't wear anything with a waist.

I am now in Dronfield with mad spotted pointery lurchery girl Wispa and a bunch of giant land snails, spending my time tracking missing dogs with Wispa. Polly puli went to the Bridge just before last Christmas at age 16 1/2.

I used to have short hair, but I grew it out for Nicks wedding last year, it was about shoulder length then, now its half way down my back, my old hairdresser hated me *laughs* she started to try growing hers at the same time as me, and hers got to her shoulders and stopped - mine hasnt LOL I had about 1 1/2 inches chopped off it last week just to give it a better shape and a fringe put in as it had been dead straight and "natural" up to now and I wanted to try summat different, must admit I love my fringe and was very very pleased with my ringlets, hopefully some one took a pic of me from the back as I would love to see them myself as I had loads and loads of comments on the day about my hair. The last time I had long hair I was about 14 LOL

Lovely to see Karen & Claire back - you'll find the place has changed a bit, its a lot quieter, but really comfy friendly, people wander in and out all the time just pick up where you left off - thats what we all do lol

Moaning :tired:

Hello Claz and Cafferysmum :wavey: Good to see you both back and thanks for the updates :flowers: and :GroupHug: for the losses.

RMF : We're at a conference today out in the country. I will be meeting up with lots of new colleagues so am a tad nervous. Wibble. On the plus side I get to wear a completely new outfit as the dress code is smart casual (I usually do trackies or jammies for hanging about the house, old clothes for walking the dogs or smart officewear, with nothing in between).

Edited by merledogs

Wow, too old faces returning! (not that I mean you have old faces you understand!) I've been keeping up with Claz on Facebook, but it's good to see you back again Caffery's...sorry for your losses.

Claz, have you a date for your knee op yet, and are you going to Barlborough for it?

Claz! :bigsmiley: Good to see you here matey. I've missed you. :bighug: I don't get on FB much - it's far too public for me and there's stuff I can say here that I wouldn't be comfortable saying on there what with the mix of family and "friends" who aren't really friends - if you know what I mean. I am so sorry that Guin the bin is now at the bridge, Sky also. Don't be a stranger here. As Snow says it's a lot quieter but I can tell you that it's still a terrifically supportive place. It's worth sticking around just for Owl and Wispa's adventures of derring-do.

Cafferysmum - hello, it's nice to have you back :) I am so sorry about your losses, I remember Mr Fezziwig in particular. It must have been awful losing your sister but nice to think she will be looking out for all the pets at the Bridge :GroupHug:

Snow that's a lovely picture, the last time I saw a photo of you you had short hair so that must have been ages ago! I love your ringlets. I am wondering if that big smile indicates that you were still giggling over your B-I-L's passionate affair with the Yukka? LOL!

Tis another lovely day here (that's probably put the kibosh on it!) We've had a run of at least 5 decent weather days now. Hurrah!

Edited because as usual the bloody smilies are playing up for me.

Edited AGAIN because I am a plank

Edited by Yantan

Good to see everyone - can't find the wavey, so accept this instead :flowers:

I've swapped my usual Wednesday morning job for this afternoon, so that I can help answer the phones while everyone else is out after midday. It's very weird working from home this morning, it doesn't feel like Wednesday at all. Got lots done though, so that's good :)

Fecking solicitorrsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Feck feck feckity fecking feck!!!

So we're supposed to complete today ... it is a damned good thing we are not currently sitting in a removal van waiting to pick up the keys as we have not only NOT completed but my brothers solicitor has told my solicitor he "isn't quite ready" to complete today. Naturally he didnt think to tell my brother this, in fact quite the fecking reverse, it now turns out that the form I broke my neck sending back yesterday has a twin that my brother needs to sign and he was going to POST it out to my brother later today and we cannot complete until thats signed! Needless to say my brother has now had to walk out of a meeting he was in and rush like heck over to his solicitors to sign the damned form and hopefully we will still complete as agreed by close of play today. Honestly we're paying this clown for the work and WE are the ones doing it all!!

My nerves are in shreds!