UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Yay! Archie has not only just let Sadie into his garden he positively welcomed her :pinkie: :pinkie: I'll get Sadie's mum to keep bringing her in and then in a few days will see how he feels about her being in his house.

Ruby and I have been wondering if it's down to him now being an only dog that prompts him to be more willing to share his space??

• Like 1

Could be because she's a girl. It's great anyway.

Hope Amy has a good birthday, pity it's an extra busy day at work.

Mum's usual Thursday at the day centre has been cancelled as it is the polling station. When I told her she said how pleased she is that she won't have to go. I told her she never has to go there, I have only to pick up the phone and cancel it permanently. But she doesn't want me to do that, she wants to keep on going and making a thing of not liking it. I did talk to the centre, and apparently she seems to enjoy it no end. Anyone who tried to work out my mum could quickly lose their sanity. This is the lady who worried about me for years because she believed I would simultaneously succumb to heart failure from being overweight, and also die of anorexia because I never eat. :confused:

Oh dear Owl, she sounds "a proper one" and no mistake! My daughter in law is at the end of her tether with her mum, who is wheelchair bound with MS and lives with my son and d.i.l. I feel sorry for her having the condition,but she is a contrary, bad tempered, ungrateful miserable bag and apparently was so before she developed it. My OH and I are going down for the weekend to see them so I'll have to try to make polite conversation. Can't wait!

I just spent five minutes laughing so much I cried.....if you aren't the prudish type and want a giggle have a look at this (some of you may have seen it already.)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

oh dear Owl.... your mum sounds a lot like my great aunt, old folk can be strange!

Suzeanna, sorry to hear your son and DIL are having a rough time with her mother, just because you have a condition doesn't mean you can be awful to people, especially those who are trying to help...... hope you don't have to bite your tongue too hard! i read those reviews the other week and i couldn't breath for laughing!

i have spent the morning looking at lawnmowers, i need my dad to make a decision before i can order, i don't want another flymo as the last one was cack, he is driving me mental...look at this sort, look at that sort, i have found one for £190 self propelled petrol one and he is still not sure .... ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Actually my mum has mellowed a lot over the past couple of years and is never nasty now, just a bit strange about some things. Considering that she and I have been at daggers drawn nearly all my life, I'm certainly not complaining. Just rather amused at her attitude to the day centre. She is mostly easy going these days, but maybe needs just one thing to feel disgruntled about.

You are fortunate that your mother has lived long enough for your relationship to improve Owl...my mum died at the age of 64 when I was 38, and sadly my memories of her are still of the daggers drawn variety...nothing I did was ever right or good enough :unsure:. Maybe she would have changed in time, but somehow I doubt it!

It's probably a silly suggestion, but since Bones keeps appearing in the same area, and since people seem willing to sit half the night waiting for her, would it be possible to put some sort of sedative in food...? There would have to be a constant presence of course, to collect her when she became woozy? I hope your friend reported the vandalism of her car to the cops, they would (should) be interested in the pot smoking too.

Feel a bit I took Kayla back to the rescue tonight and whilst I feel sad I don't feel gutted which makes me feel...odd. Rescue owner made me feel a bit s*** but, as with a lot of people running rescues, her people skills are nothing like as good as her dog skills Never mind, Kayla will soon find the owner that she needs and back home Molly is definitely happier already

You have to do what's best for you and that will also be best for Kayla in the long run. :liebe94:

No luck with Bones tonight, and some people came into the Nature Park to drink and smoke weed. They didn't see us because we were way down in the undergrowth and they ran off when a male searcher appeared, but they had already damaged my friend Chrissie's car with keys or similar.

:ohno01:

Just let me know if you want me to send you a bit of the powder - I bought far too much and you only need a teaspoon in some boiling water which will last for yonks :flowers:

Thanks Alex that would be great! Do you need my address? :)

Don't let others restrict your life Griff, go and enjoy and have lots of fun!

Wot she said x 2 :guitar:

Yay! Archie has not only just let Sadie into his garden he positively welcomed her I'll get Sadie's mum to keep bringing her in and then in a few days will see how he feels about her being in his house.

WTG Archie :woof:

I am drained from doing two home visits that took over two hours each. It takes so long to complete forms with people who want to tellvme their life story, won't give the answers needed and rant at me for things that are out of my control. Ho hum, at least I have finished till Tuesday, so I'm just trying to think what I can do, garden wise. I have lots of plants that should be going to the lotty, but the ground will be way too wet.

GRIFF!!! Do you remember I said I would put a couple of outdoor tomatoes for you? Well...........

cde8749e.jpg

(Gardener's delight and Alicante)

I can grow them on , or you can have them now for your windowsill, to grow on until it's time for them to go outside. I can drop them off anytime, but they are not in the way here, so will be ok till the end of May.

If you reeeeeeally don't want them, I can try and rehome them elsewhere, but they are so looking forward to coming to live with you. :wink:

oooooooooo thankyou, would you be able to hang onto them for me please? the less time i have them the better with my gardening skills!!! sorry you had a rough day at work but a nice long weekend awaits!

hope Keith gets back soon so you don't have to eat the dogs Lol!!!

Evening

Go and enjoy Griff it will be good to get out

Sorry about that San. Brave decision and the right one for you all

Don't talk to me about flaming parents! Was in meeting for nearly 2 hours we brought dad in later on. Stepmother has told them the same as me so thank goodness they know I'm not trying to stir problems and am not telling lies. I've said to martyn more than once if it wasn't for him having a separate conversation with her and them agreeing she has said the same to them I would be doubting myself. Social worker said best to give him news and changes in little steps to make it easier for him to deal with which makes perfect sense. I did however have to say to him that she had asked for him to come live with us and had asked me to give up my job. His retort was she had told him I would say that and I had hold of the wrong end of the stick. They are getting a flat together in their local area as he wants to remain there. So now he has said that we all have to go with his wishes and social worker won't move him far from home at all. So they have advised that 1. he can never go home 2. unless he changes his mind about areas he can never come live with us 3. he has to stay in a small localised area of the wirral 4. they now have to move him as the cottage hosp was just a rehab stage and he now has to move. so guess what he's being moved to a retirement home for 6 weeks when they can find him a place. They need him to tell them what he wants to do and they will act on his wishes provided it's in his best interests. I said of course he wants to stay in his area because he still thinks he's going home soon. He told me in the same conversation that she is selling the house and they are moving into a flat and that she is adapting the house so he can go back home while they sort a flat out. Neither is happening. Either both of them have been playing a game together to play for time so he can stay where he is receiving really good physio. If so that plan has backfired. Or she is being evil woman. Whatever it is I can't go on like this. So I'm going to see him Saturday but the rest of the weekend I'm going to have some much needed time with my own little family and sort my house out. It's great to think he believes her word over mine, despite her forever lying about different things. They've been dropped in it as I have been telling staff at the home all along that they were a couple and she is my stepmother. Apparently she's told them she is his sister in law and he was married to her sister. How bizarre! When he was chatting he actually called them a couple and said they wanted to stay together so they're under no illusions now and they are clear about who is the liar as she has told them that she isn't moving and he can't go back there because she can't look after him. So it's a waiting game. My stress levels are through the roof.

Raced back home and took Scoobs to his first hydrotherapy session. He did really well and the chap was so good with him. He's absolutely shattered now bless him.

Hope you've had your vittels Marge and hope Jack's eye is tons better very soon

Jeez Jacobean :bighug: :bighug: i am so sorry that your dad didn't believe you...... i hope things work out for your dad but i wouldn't be surprised if things change again when the evil woman clicks her fingers :mad: :mad: and if they had been playing for time as it were, i would have hoped your dad would have confided in you so you wouldn't have had all that worry, i suspect he is going to get an almighty shock when he finally grasps that evil woman was having him on. i hope you get chance to relax and take some time for you and martyn... awful situation! very glad scoobs like his hydro session!

Michelle I don't quite know what to say to the latest news :ohmy: Well not in words that would be printable. I'm very glad you are going to find a bit of time to have to yourself with Martyn and the dogs.

I'm off to bed now with my little pal, Archie, who has taken to lying beside me with his head on my pillow :rolleyes_anim: Night all.

Michelle, this all sounds terrible...for your own sanity I think you have to take a step (or ten!) back, as you say, spend time with your own little family and refuse to take calls from your stepmother or go to see your dad. It will be hard I know, but you really are playing her game at the moment, keep your distance and they'll have to sort something out.

My daughter in law is having something similar with her mum and it's driving poor Julie crazy..her mother is accusing her of hiding her bank card, stealing her money etc..none of it true..and saying awful things to her and my son, but when the social workers and OT people come in, she's nice as pie, two faced old bat. I know it's not much comfort, but you aren't alone in trying to deal with awkward relatives!