UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Evening

Must be so frustrating waiting for Bones to put her paws up and turn herself in. Come on girlie.

Off tomorrow but as usual will be a mad rush around kind of day. Meeting re dad at 11.30am. Occ therapist is on hols so it will be with one of his physios & social worker. See my dad while I'm there and get explaining stuff.

Then mad dash back cos Scooby has a hydrotherapy sesh at 3pm. Not sure how that is going to go.

Griff our neighbour puts orange peel on his car as he swears it keeps the cats off.

Amy hope the abs kick in quickly.

Hugs to everyone as whizzing through. Thanks ever so much for all of your support.

• Like 1

Hope Jack's eye soon clears up...shame you can't give him an eye patch (and a parrot) :D

and change his name to "Jim lad" :laugh:

Have you tried boric acid? It's very gentle. I bought a tub of it and used it on all my lot when they got eye infections last year and it worked a treat. I also use it on my own eyes as it stops the redness. Worth a try before you go to the vet and get something expensive surely? I have lots so if you want me to send you a bit I can do :flowers:

I might give that a try, thanks for the info Alex :liebe94:

Archie's burpday is the 13th of May and I will do a fred for him so you can all send him kisses then which I will be very happy to pass onto him. I don't know what I would have done without him when I lost George. Oh and we had a break through the other day - he happily let another dog come into the house! Granted it was his old pal Sophie but he was really laid back about her being in his space :biggrin:

Good old Archie :wub_anim:

Going to have an early night and watch the apprentice in my bedroom. Last day at work tomorrow and then four days off, so will try and chill a bit. i am getting withdrawal symptoms from not getting up to the lotty, there's stuff I need to be doing! :unsure:

Those of a nervous disposition, look away now. Here's a picture of Jack's eye. It was taken last week, so it is getting better now, but this is the third time this has happened.

Picture coming up.........

74dfcc29.jpg

Evening

Must be so frustrating waiting for Bones to put her paws up and turn herself in. Come on girlie.

Off tomorrow but as usual will be a mad rush around kind of day. Meeting re dad at 11.30am. Occ therapist is on hols so it will be with one of his physios & social worker. See my dad while I'm there and get explaining stuff.

Then mad dash back cos Scooby has a hydrotherapy sesh at 3pm. Not sure how that is going to go.

Good luck tomorrow Michelle, try and make some time for yourself too. x :liebe94:

Eeeewwwwwwwiiie at Jack's eye. I'm glad it's now improving. Does it bother him Marge?

It doesn't hurt, but it itches and then he rubs it, so making it worse. The cream stops the itch, so he doesn't want to rub it. Someone said that ulcers hurt if looking at the light, but that won't apply to Jack. :guiltysmiley:

:hug: to any fugees in need of one.

Feel a bit :mellow: I took Kayla back to the rescue tonight and whilst I feel sad I don't feel gutted which makes me feel...odd. Rescue owner made me feel a bit s*** but, as with a lot of people running rescues, her people skills are nothing like as good as her dog skills :( Never mind, Kayla will soon find the owner that she needs and back home Molly is definitely happier already :party:

Tough thing to have to do even though it's the right decision.

No luck with Bones tonight, and some people came into the Nature Park to drink and smoke weed. They didn't see us because we were way down in the undergrowth and they ran off when a male searcher appeared, but they had already damaged my friend Chrissie's car with keys or similar. :mad1:

Morning :tired:

Fingers crossed Kayla finds her forever home soon :fingers:

I might give that a try, thanks for the info Alex :liebe94:

Just let me know if you want me to send you a bit of the powder - I bought far too much and you only need a teaspoon in some boiling water which will last for yonks :flowers:

I also have four days off after today. I understand your withdrawal symptoms re the lottie - although I did manage to do some gardening yesterday when I got home. Lawns will be mowed this weekend and will finish planting up the border and some hanging baskets and possibly rearranging another border at the front with some dwarf Rhodos.

Good luck today Michelle and Scoobs :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

Morning.

The new mobile app for this site is no good. Can't see what I'm writing :rolleyes:

:GroupHug: hope Jacks eye is better soon.

Sorry about Kayla San, and sorry the woman at rescue wasn't understanding either maybe she would have preferred the wrong home for her :rolleyes:

Happy birthday Amy, may today go swiftly and lead you to a nice glass of wine (or whatever your tipple) at the end of it :party: hope you feel better soon as well :flowers:

I'm lost now sorry if I forgot anyone. I got lucky with the rota and I'm not in til Tuesday :biggrin: gives me plenty of time to get ready for the Gap show and maybe get some cleaning done if I can fit it in around the sofa time :laugh:

(null)

oooooooo poor Jack, that does look an ouchie :bighug:

Jacobean, good luck today and if you have to tell your dad i hope he doesn't take it too hard :flowers:

Sanrosscot, sorry you had to return your new rescue but the best thing all round by the sounds of things, the rescuer should be thanking you anyway as now they have a bit more info on her and her issues :flowers:

Owl, sorry to hear somebody has scratched your friends car.... i never can understand why people do that :huh:

there is a big motorbike thing on at the legion club my dad goes to...... deciding if i should pop over or not.... not been over there for 7 years as i have a bit of an issue with a few people :mad2:

Happy Birthday Lil Angel :beerchug: :circle:

Happy birthday Amy

Aw Jack, gorgeous boy regardless. Hope his eye is more comfortable soon.

Hello everyone!!!

Michelle I hope today goes well for you, sending lots of positive thoughts for you.

xxx

Happy Birthday Amy :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I hope you are feeling a bit better.

I sign in every day hoping to find Owl doing the we've-caught-the-little-bugger dance but I see Bones is still sitting out there laughing at them. What a crap thing to do scratching Chrissie's car :mad:

Sandra I'm sorry the rescue woman made you feel crap - as you say so many of them have fab dog skills but are pants when it comes to dealing with humans. I often wonder if some get short with a person handing back a dog because they feel it is an affront to their ability to match a dog with a new owner.