UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Ello all just popping in whilst I can. Work is mental and the hours Im putting in are draining. Am on ABs for an infection so Im clearly falling apart lol.

Tis my birthday Thursday and I am spending it the the worst way I could possibly!!

Just climbing into bed at half past midnight when came a frantic phone call to get to Dronfield Nature Park pdq with my night scope as Bones was there! By the time I was there she had gone, but for 10 mins she had been sitting on one bank of the small river and 2 helpers had been on the other side talking to her quietly. Owners got there quickly but just missed her. Apart from briefly greeting a dog walker a week after she went missing, this is the closest she has been to anyone. We think she is lonely and also fed up with the weather.

Wide awake now, but happy :)

Get well soon, Amy. Wishing you more and more better days, Phoebejo.

Edited by owl

Moaning all :tired:

Griff - glad you got your car back but sorry about the hole in the garage :flowers: Do try not to break anything else though, including yourself!

Marion - give Archie a birthday snog from me please :heart: Sorry you're missing George, but happy memories eh? :GroupHug: I loved George that time I met him, such a cool dog.

Suzeanna - hope everything went well at your appointment :flowers:

Eve - thank you :flowers: 'Tis about time we had some pics of your garden in France on the Garden Fred though, just to make me jealous.

Jayne - hope you get more locum days. As soon as they've used you once, I'm sure word will spread pretty quickly :flowers:

Amy - dare we ask what you are doing Thursday? Is it to do with the Mayoral elections? I'll be placing my votes Thursday morning. Hope your birthday isn't too hellish :flowers:

Bejo - counselling will be very therapeutic because if nothing else you have someone you can be absolutely open with who won't be fazed at all and will have seen it all before. :flowers:

Owl - really good news about Bones. Fingers crossed she's caught soon :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

Morning :tired:

I hope Bones does get caught soon. :wub:

Hope the madness is over soon Amy. :GroupHug:

Happy birthday Archie, sorry your missing George Marion, I met him too, he was a sweetheart. :wub:

Blimey Griff! they do say it never rains but it pours..in your case literally. I hope it gets sorted soon. :dwet:

Good luck with the appointment at Suzeanna :bigflower:

i am v tired at the moment. The tenancy support service at work has been computerised, so I am trying to get to grips with that, as well as sort people out. There's some silly rules come in too, just to keep the reports happy. Support shouldn't last longer than twelve weeks. Hmm, when this was all in the pipeline last year, they said cases would be an average of twelve weeks. Some people are sorted quickly, but there are some who go on for months, if not a years. :mad:

Jack's eye is slowly getting better, but I might ask the vet if there's drops he can have long term, to stop his eye getting itchy in the first place. He does more damage to it himself once it starts, and we don't see it till it's too late.

My first visit is near home this morning, so I have a bit of time before I need to go. Have a good day all. :cool02:

PhoebeJo, the most important thing about counselling is that you feel comfortable with the person you are put with...if you don't feel any sort of connection with them I don't see how it can help, but if you do, then you'll probably find it's the best thing you've done for years.

Amy, enjoy your birthday regardless..hope the infection soon clears up.

Owl, that sounds hopeful...if this rain keeps up she might put her paws up and surrender so she can get somewhere warm and dry!

My appointment wasn't too bad at all....apart from being over half an hour late! A different consultant this time, and she said my knee is nowhere near needing a replacement, gel injections don't work so that's pointless and basically stick with the painkillers. I asked about partial replacement, but my knee is apparently "extremely abnormal" due to a major op on it when I was 20, so I'm not suitable for that. She did say I was doing really well with it, all things considered!

Hope Jack's eye soon clears up...shame you can't give him an eye patch (and a parrot) :D

i don't believe it!!!!! waited a month for the car, got it back, dad went to put it in the rented garage........ hole in the roof with water pouring in!!! reported it and as it is asbestos it has to go to the planners so won't be dealt with quickly, so we have a lovely shiny car and nowhere to put it

your lucks like mine!

do you feel like waving a white flag and hope to be rescued? I ruddy do! Hope it gets sorted xx

Jack's eye is slowly getting better, but I might ask the vet if there's drops he can have long term, to stop his eye getting itchy in the first place. He does more damage to it himself once it starts, and we don't see it till it's too late.

Have you tried boric acid? It's very gentle. I bought a tub of it and used it on all my lot when they got eye infections last year and it worked a treat. I also use it on my own eyes as it stops the redness. Worth a try before you go to the vet and get something expensive surely? I have lots so if you want me to send you a bit I can do :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

Jazz yes you are right i do feel like waving a white flag!! i reckon someone has cursed me! :laughingsmiley: How are you feeling now??

Pheobejo, i hope the counselling helps you :liebe94:

Owl i too hope that Bones is getting fed up of being wet and will hand herself in :flowers:

Lil Angel, i hope your ABs work and you are soon better and what an awful way to spend your birthday (it is vote counting right??)

Gooster hope you get some more locum work :flowers:

Houndzrus i hope work realize the error of their ways and see that there is no one size fits all rule :flowers: also hope Jacks eye soon feels better :flowers:

Suzeanna glad things went kind of o.k with the ortho's, hope they can find something to help you :flowers:

Oh all these sightings of Bones - so tantalising but always just out of reach. Continued positive thoughts for her "capture" being sent Owl.

Archie's burpday is the 13th of May and I will do a fred for him so you can all send him kisses then which I will be very happy to pass onto him. I don't know what I would have done without him when I lost George. Oh and we had a break through the other day - he happily let another dog come into the house! Granted it was his old pal Sophie but he was really laid back about her being in his space :biggrin:

I hope it won't be long before Jack's eye is completely better Marge, bless him.

Suzeanna did the new consultant say that about the knee replacement without you having to ask as you had planned?

Cheryl sending you a :GroupHug: and I hope you have some pleasing results with the counsellor. It's always nice to see you posting here.

Amy you aren't allowed to feel ill on your birthday! Seriously I do hope you feel a bit better for your special day tomorrow :GroupHug:

Now I'll bet I've missed someone - that was the biggest flurry of posts I have seen here in a while.

Hope that you are soon feeling better Amy and that you do enjoy your birthday tomorrow despite the election.

Fingers crossed for Bones to get really fed up with the weather very soon and hand herself in.

I have just looked at the information for the candidates for our local council election tomorrow. I always vote, I think that we are so lucky to be able to. However, I am a bit stuck who to pick tomorrow - there is one candidate who wants to take some rare heathland out of green belt protection so that it can have a housing estate built on it, the next one has no policies except slagging off the first one, the third has no policies but is happy to work with anyone and the fourth is more than a bit odd! Not much of a choice is it?

Hope that you are soon feeling better Amy and that you do enjoy your birthday tomorrow despite the election.

Fingers crossed for Bones to get really fed up with the weather very soon and hand herself in.

I have just looked at the information for the candidates for our local council election tomorrow. I always vote, I think that we are so lucky to be able to. However, I am a bit stuck who to pick tomorrow - there is one candidate who wants to take some rare heathland out of green belt protection so that it can have a housing estate built on it, the next one has no policies except slagging off the first one, the third has no policies but is happy to work with anyone and the fourth is more than a bit odd! Not much of a choice is it?

Shame you can't write "they all sound hopeless" on the paper and leave it at that!

• Like 1

Lol, you can suzeanna but it would count as a spoiled paper. i do postal voting now as they moved our polling station so it means a trip on the bus otherwise..... that was great thinking went the majority of people here are elderly. my theory is that they are all liars and cheats and will do what they want, promise the earth to get your vote and then back track like mad when it comes to the crunch!

Well done Archie allowing another dog in your space... diez will only allow a dog in if they come through the back door (she is odd!)

had a giggle this afternoon, the council lads were strimming the field and the edges of the woods, all was going geat until one of the interferring c*ws round here came flying out and gave him a right going over about leaving the weeds alone as they want it for wildlife etc etc..... it doesn't belong to her, it belongs to the council and the poor lad just gets a list of jobs to complete (my dad does the same job), i was cracking up and he just stood and took it but i hope i don't get him reported as when he turned away from her i was grinning at him and she may have thought he pulled a face..... which he didn't but i bloody would have done! this is the same woman who has bullied 3 people into chopping down trees in their back garden and has decided to start digging up the wild bit out the front of her house and planting flowers... go figure, she wants one bit wild and the other an extension of her garden...now wheres my weedkiller Lol

• Like 1

lewis has got his stuff back! anndddd its whole!

it didnt fit on the plane so they sent it by sea, but didnt scan it anywhere so nobody knew, till he put a claim in ..... :cheer: :cheer:

the ABs are starting to work, and the foster dog went to a great new home, and the other one on saturday :cheer: :cheer:

• Like 1

Griff that bloody woman is a pain in the proverbial - I can't figure people out and often wonder if they could logically explain their behaviour :confused:

Alicia that's good news that Lewis has got his box back :cheer:

Archie has spent a pleasant afternoon lounging on his sheepskin rug in the garden eating home made cheesy biscuits. Aye, it's a dog's life all right!