UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

Moaning. Where is everybody today?

I emptied the water butt and re-attached it as it started raining and it's filling up nicely. I can just remove the pipe and re-attach as necessary. I have a feeling it's going to be full of rainwater in any case (as it's only a 100L butt), so it won't need to be attached that much in sunny Manchester :rolleyes:

There is nowhere else to put it as the downpipe at the front is shared - someone has suggested putting the rainwater diverter higher up than the bathroom pipes but a) I'd have to get on a ladder and it was bad enough having to saw through the drainpipe on solid ground and b) the pipe above is a different material as it's very old, so I don't know whether I would be able to saw through it safely in any case (guttering is white asbestos).

Have had to make the tricky decision that our family and lifestyle is not right for Kayla :( The girls are too close in age and personality to settle and she has a few issues that I don't have the time to be able to work on to make her into the fantastic girl she could be. It is hard, especially for hubby but I just haven't felt that it was 'right' which is a first for me. Unfortunately Val can't take her back in until Wednesday so she has a few more days here- if she will let my friend that walks them into the house (one of her issues) :confused:

Tough decision to make :GroupHug:

right ... ive used a shallow bowl, and butchers puppy food, she ate the lot!

:thumbsup_anim:

I've installed a water butt today on the downpipe by the house. I've just realised, having had a bath, that the pipe carrying the water from the bathroom also runs into the downpipe, so my water butt is going to be filled up with bathwater :rolleyes:

oops :ohno01:

Wasn't well after helping Keith make a frame in the Polytunnel yesterday. It was so cold, I got chilled and couldn't get warm for hours, then had headaches and fatigue. Went to bed early, but couldn't sleep properly. Not to bad today, but I will crack on and do the potting on I should have done yesterday. Still cold wet and windy here. :dwet:

I hope you feel better soon Marge :GroupHug:

I have decided that I'm going to connect the butt to the downpipe only at certain times, ie when it gets empty. It's not going to get a huge amount of use because it rains so much in Manchester and it's rare for us to have a run of days where it doesn't rain. I connected it up this morning and it's full already so as soon as it stops raining then I'll disconnect it and cover the outlet hole from the downpipe.

What an orrible day. More like winter than spring. I wants nice weather back thanks muchly

Hope you're better later Marge.

Sorry to hear that San.

Fran with cornsnake - could very well belong to one of your neighbours. We had one in our back garden a few years ago which gave me a turn cos i found the viz gawping at it. Turned out to be lad behind us had lost 2.

Hope Lewis's stuff turns up and is ok Jazz

Suzeanna don't take that lying down. Council have not done their job. Those in area should have received something through letter box as standard. Contact your local mp urgently and get a posse rounded up of locals in the area. We have been fighting here to prevent a housing estate being built on what is a wonderful rural area with wildlife and have to periodically put objections into the council. I now receive emails from our local mps office which give me any sniff of things going on in my area and they regularly update me on this one.

Stepmother sadly remains a grade 1 horrible person. Home visit with dad went horribly wrong on friday and she played a blinder to prevent him going home. Spoke to her yesterday and didn't get into any arguments about it as no point. She is now saying she didn't say he couldn't go home at all but he can't. Work that one out. She is not admitting to herself never mind anyone else that she IS washing her hands of him. One of the first things she said to me was so have you given your job up then so dad can come live with you. If he could come to us for a few months until he is better then he can go to her. Yeah cos we can completely adapt our house for a disabled man for a few months. She has no intentions of him going back to hers. She won't move from the part of the wirral she lives in. We can go move close to her so that he can live with us and she can still see him. She won't come to ours. She wants to be with him but won't live in assisted type housing and she won't move in with her son because she couldn't possibly encroach on his life. He goes to work and they only have a 3 bedroomed house. So she is hell bent on staying in the house she lives in which is now unsuitable for her. I've told her she is going to get worse and needs assistance herself. Despite everything I offered to take time off and go see her and do things for her. She doesn't want me round there. That would be because she hasn't done any of the things in the house she has told us she has and doesn't want to know us. She is going to end up being removed from her house by social services at some point and end up in a home and her son will do naff all to help her. Meanwhile my dad is still ignorant of all of this and she's going to make me look like the bad guy because i will have taken him away and she's not allowed to go with him. Do I give a flying fig? Do I hell. Nursing home want me to go in and see them urgently so we can sort out my dads future. Because she did take them aside at home for half an hour upstairs while dad was left downstairs so I know she has to have told them he can't go back there. They won't tell me much over the phone. The big problem we have is he will need night time assistance and I really don't want to put him through the indignity of having me or martyn have to help him in the toilet

Well in the far north of Scotland we have blue skies and beautiful sunshine :nahnah:

I am off out to do some gardening.

Jacobean, your step mother sounds a nasty person. I would leave her to her own devices but it depends on how your dad feels about it all. He doesn't already know how tings are he will have to know sometime

Discuss the night time problem with your father's care team/ occupational therapist. They will have come across that before , I am sure.

Oh Michelle what a nicest piece of work she is :( before my mother became bed bond carers would come twice a day to help with things she needed. Dealing with bathroom needs isn't as bad as it sounds, it's not ideal but you both get used to it. I've done it with both my parents, carers tend to faff about because they have to follow health and safety laws which aren't always the easiest way to get things done. They have to work in pairs and can be less dignified than just yourself getting it done.

I hope things get sorted out swiftly for you all, it can be a little daunting at first when all the equipment gets installed in the house but eventually it just becomes part of the decor.

(null)

Houndzrus i hope you feel better soon, it has been bl**dy awful here today, the fence partly came down, the big storage cabinet in the garden fell over and the barbecue got flipped over too!!! i don't like it, the only good bit was having the field to ourselves and seeing 5 ducks!

Jacobean, i know you don't want to upset your dad but i guess he may have an idea that something isn't right, could you explain to him what has happened with that horrid woman and lay everything on the table, the options he has and what you plan to do. must be a bl**dy awful situation to be in and i really do feel for you. me being the most tactless person on the planet would have blurted it out by now so well done for being so controlled.

sorry griff I meant to say to you earlier to go seek a second opinion with another gp, maybe join another surgery in your area. I did that and got a lot further forward. Sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Don't take any messing from them. You know your own body best and it's their job to help you.

I need to have discussion with nursing home first really and discuss all of his options going forward. They need to see me face to face but couldn't make an appointment on Friday. I'm ringing them back tomorrow afternoon. Occ therapist has gone on holiday but someone else can see me apparently. I'm going to ask that his next move is made to a place close to us so we haven't got the long distance any longer. When I know what's available I can then have the discussion with dad and we can all start to sort his future out.

Got smileys back, thanks Pingu :cheer:

Michelle, what a mess, hope you can get something sorted. Stepmother sounds impossible.

We had extreme weather today and Wispa decided to hide under a blanket until evening when she wanted me to drive her to somewhere it wasn't raining. I told her the north of Scotland was too far away. But when Becky came to tend her horses she took her for a short walk down the road with her dog and that cheered her up.

Tomorrow forecast very warm and sunny :cool2:

Moaning :tired:

Michelle I hope you get your dad sorted soon, it must be so unsettling for him :GroupHug:

Weather is a complete contrast here today - sun's coming up and it's lovely.

Today I will be going to a meeting at a high security psychiatric hospital :confused02:

Edited by merledogs

Moaning all - I'm not in the best of moods, not gonna say much aside from "wills & stuff" nuff said not the happiest of bunnies really.

Back to work today after a week off for the funeral - and I really dont wanna go, can't be arsed, please someone stop the planet and let me off somewhere dark and quiet where I can go hide for a while.

Hubbys last day in the RAF forever is today *sighs* end of an era, end of a huge part of our lives, he's at a job interview all morning *fingers crossed* unless he gets a job very very VERY soon we cannot even begin to start the "rest of our lives".

We want to buy mums bungalow but unless hubby has a job and we can raise the mortgage to buy my brother out then we'll lose it, it was one thing me deciding I didnt want it and thus selling it to strangers, but quite another thing having decided I don't want to part with it to end up having no choice but to sell up.

*mumble mutter winge moan*