UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

if a dog doesn't want to be caught it won't be.... dogs can be so much smarter than humans (namely the stupid facebook nob!!)

Yantan i agree that perhaps the oldies club would welcome your aunt as a fosterer...... it would be likely that an older dog would perhaps like to be paired up with an older person, what lovely thing for her to think of doing.

had lentil daal for my tea..... i just hope i haven't poisoned myself!!

Sorry to hear about Dan :( hope your Aunt finds a rescue to foster.

Owl, don't listen to them, too many know-it-alls running their mouths!

Does anyone have any experience of buying a house privately? I've had a look online but it's all too confusing for my lil mind.

(null)

Sorry to hear about Dan Marion.

When your Aunt is up for it definately contact us. We have fosterers and adopter of all ages. One of our dogs is de to go home with a 90 year old lady next week.

Having issues with my waterworks but dont have any time to go to doctors as work is mental. Any suggestions welcomed.

Evening.

Sorry Steph have only bought houses through agencies, solicitors etc.

Maybe cranberry juice Amy?

There is always someone out there being ridiculous and shouting about things they don't know much if anything about.

Don't know what's happened but Martyn phoned stepmother who was so far removed from the person we both spoke to at different times last week. I got to the point today where I needed to step in and sort stuff out with nursing home if he was being refused back home. She was pleasant with him and advised she has got rid of a load of furniture to make more room for him, had a plumber out to sort the shower and a couple of other bits and bobs. Visit is going ahead on Friday and he may be going home. We can't work out if she is playing a game as she doesn't want to look like the bad guy or if she's had some kind of hysterical interlude that lasted a week with 3 different sets of people. My ahem conversation with her was potentially like giving someone a slap in the face or a shake up. Or maybe my dad has been having further conversations with the nursing home so had told her straight at some point. Confused.com

Edited by Jacobean

Sounds like it's your stepmother who could be confused.com, Michelle. Is there any chance she has the start of dementia? Guess you just have to be ready to step in if needed :GroupHug:

rmq: why are the smileys in such a stupid order?

I was clearing goosegrass from my dad's garden at the weekend. I itch all over and have lumps all over my neck and chest - these two facts are very painfully related.

Marion - hope your aunt gets to foster a lovely oldie when she's ready.

Ignore the numpties Owl. I hope Bones is caught soon but stupid comments from stupid women do not help.

Hope the dahl stays where it should Griff lol

Had something else to say but have forgotten now :worried:

Moaning :tired:

Thanks for the lovely responses to the loss of Dan. I went up to see my aunt this morning and she was having a little weep. She's going to borrow Archie from time to time so she has company on walks - she's 79 but so fit. She's talking about having a foster dog so if anyone knows of a rescue who would allow a 79 year old to foster shout up!

It's raining fit to bust here :snorkle: You Manchester peeps are certainly getting your water supply topped up at Thirlmere.

Tell me about it, I think we must be having your second hand rain as well :rolleyes:

Was gonna suggest Oldies Club for your Aunt.

Owl - has said person actually offered to get up off their arse and do anything other than open their big mouth? :rolleyes:

Steph - suggest you get legal advice as it could be a minefield :flowers:

Michelle - v confusing but at least she's accepting her responsibilities (for now) :flowers:

Does anyone have any experience of buying a house privately? I've had a look online but it's all too confusing for my lil mind.

(null)

We bought this house privately and also sold the one we were moving from privately. It was way easier than I thought even though the seller of this house was a complete and utter knob.

Michelle I don't know what to make of your step-mother!

I will certainly let my aunt know about The Oldies Club.

:wavey:

This weather is completely depressing, 10 day forecast says its here to stay :err:

I was looking for things to do over the summer, as if we do somehow manage to purchase a house (I personally think the bank will laugh us out the door) we won't be going to see my niece. Anyway I was looking at fun dog shows but they are all on Saturdays which OH works :rolleyes: I remember when you could just show up at a dog show solo and you could guarantee to bump into a Fugee or two :happy: There's just nothing to do around here, unless you like sitting in bars and eating, there's only so many times you can go on the same walks, cinema and bowling!

Owl - has said person actually offered to get up off their arse and do anything other than open their big mouth? :rolleyes:

What do YOU think?

Actually I don't want her to come down and help or she might carry out her bizarre plan and get us all into trouble.

I'm fuming! The local paper has an article about the proposed coal mining, and a link to an opposition website. I joined it and found several links on there to Derbyshire CC, North East DCC etc..and a planning proposal which was put forward in February. It says no public comments now allowed, and says "no objections". We didn't blasted well know! What really has got my goat is I spoke to the planning officer for NEDCC when we got the letter from Provectus and he denied all knowledge of any proposed work, the lying barsteward! :mad1: :mad1:

I am not surprised you are fuming Suzeanna. When applications go before our planning board they send out letters to households in the immediate vicinity to alert them to the proposals giving them a chance to object should they wish. This should be standard procedure. How the hell can anyone object to anything if they don't know it's planned!!!! I'm fuming for you. Grrrrrrr.

Steph, there is a fun dog show on at My Pet Stop in Denton on Sunday 20th May. It's all inside, so guaranteed to stay warm and dry :biggrin:

I would be fuming as well Suzeanna - whenever planning applications are sent round here, we get a letter from the council with a web link to the plans and explanation how to object.

RMF - have booked to go speed dating with one of the girls from work on the 16th May. Could be interesting :unsure: :laugh:

(null)

suzeanna, get hold of your MP quick and ask for an appointment with a group of you. This is an outrage!

If the council is anything like those in the county I moved here from, there will have been backhanders flying around.

• Like 1