UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

Wispa and I have just come back from another tracking session with Nala the husky, who I have learned is only a year old. It's amazing she is so focused at that age, she is going to be amazing. But of course she is still tracking her best mate, in time she will need to make the jump to tracking a dog she doesn't know from a scent item. I expect Wispa will show her how. We also had with us a helper with 3 very lively mini yorkies, who didn't do tracking but kept us all amused. We have mapped out the territory for Bones in detail, and she seems to be taking the food which is fried up and left every evening. Trouble is, the area is mostly wooded and it's a real adventure playground for a young dog.

Happy unofficial fifth to Wispa as well. It's probably within a month either way of the real one and I'm sure she is an Aries.

Happy birthday Wispa :partytime:

OMG sunshine, carling and catching up with old mates should come with a warning :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i suddenly remember why the doctor said booze and pills don't mix :huh: :huh:

:laughingsmiley:

Wispa and I have just come back from another tracking session with Nala the husky, who I have learned is only a year old. It's amazing she is so focused at that age, she is going to be amazing.

Well done Wispa and Nala. I hope bones will be caught soon. :wub:

So sorry about your mum Snow. :liebe94:

We had a great time at Broadway with all the lovely dogs. I took this birthday portrait of Jack. :wub:

3bff3604.jpg

Recovering today from half marathon and thoughts are with the family and friends of the guy who died at the end :( have a doctors appointment to try and get some answers to an erratic heart rate when I am exercising at the moment. The helpful nurse who measured it at rest told me not to exercise, which is not very helpful :(

Happy birthday Wispa.

I love Captain Jack he has so much character!

Kittycat will try and share our sunshine with you x

:GroupHug: Murtle, very sad about the person that died. Hope your ok healthwise though :GroupHug:

:laugh: oh dear Griff

I may have been like this :mecry: earlier. My grumpy biter of a hamster had to go to vets to be pts :mecry: I was hoping Grizzly would go quietly in his sleep but it wasnt to be. This morning he was screeching and was obviously in pain so i phoned vets who told me to take him straight up. Typically though as the vet said, his body had given up and was basically breaking down but his heart was really strong for an old boy :rolleyes:

Have fun at the Bridge Grizzly :wub:

N'night Grizzly, sweet dreams little fella wub.gif

What did I say about Tesco and the dog walker arriving at the same time - they did! laugh.gif

The lady Tesco driver said "oh get the little man sorted out first. I can wait". Nice lady biggrin.gif

Murtle how sad that someone died after the run mecry.gif

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, I'm still struggling and know that I will for a good while yet. The shock has started to wear off although it still keeps hitting me when I least expect it, so much disbelief at the moment, it all seems so very unreal. Tomorrow will be hard, my brother and I are meeting up to go through the will and start to make arrangements, we still haven't got mum back yet as we agreed to donate her corneas and have been told that this was successful, which should and no doubt will give me some comfort one day but doesnt yet. There is so much to do and all of it awful hubby is approaching the RAF to tell them whats happened as obviously I am in no fit state to be able to deal with eviction notices etc. as theres now no way we'll be ready and willing to move out of this house before he reaches the end of his service.

I finally got some sleep last night, the first real sleep I have had in almost 4 days and yesterday Nick & Vicky came over car and brought me a subway and costa coffee - so thoughtful of them, they have been wonderful throughout.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Snow, you know we are all here for you.

Sleep tight Grizzly Hamster :GroupHug:

Love the pic of Jack in the sunshine, we have just booked to go to Broadway in the summer - can't wait :)

Just waiting to go to the farm, as have the vet coming to see Blue at 12, as he hasn't been right for a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed the vet can find something easily mendable.

Kittycat...forgive me if I've got the wrong person, but was it your OH who was having terrible pain with her teeth? Did she ever get it sorted?

It was, she got a letter out of the blue one day last month and she had her wisdom teeth removed with no issues. She still needs some work, but just routine fillings :flowers:

Snow :GroupHug: wishing you the strength to get through this difficult time, I don't really know what to say but I am thinking of you and sending lots of love your way.

Murtle, hope the docs can give you some answers and it's nothing serious :flowers: very sad about the man who died :(

Edited by kittycat

Snow I am glad you popped in - I was worrying about you and wondering how you were getting on Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Gooster I'll be thinking positive thoughts for Blue and for the vet finding something and being able to put it right (and with the minimum of expense!)

I managed to spill a full bottle of minced garlic all over the kitchen floor - the house bloody stinks now rolleyes.gif I've put a Yankee candle tart on the burner and hope it manages to cut through the garlic. I guess we will be safe from vampires though.