UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

Well, I spoke to the man whose signature is on the pamphlet we got...he said it's by no means certain the strip mining will go ahead, as they have a lot of conditions to meet regarding noise, care of the environment etc. He assured me if the drainage was affected in any way and we were flooded (again!) they would take full responsibility and meet any costs. The noise bunds they put up are a minimum of 5metres high...that will be lovely to look at, don't you think??

If the bungs are anything like the ones built in Fife between the motorway and the mining works it will look like colditz.

Don't accept anybody's word for anything. They will say what needs to be said and change it later , when it is too late to stop it.

Nice of them to take responsibility for any flooding, but you have to the mess and inconvenience.

Don't rely on officials to look after your interest , you need a protest group.

I picked trudy up, she was fine, then had a fit on the way home and couldnt use her back legs. The vet said to leave her in the car in the garage for 5 minutes, nice and dark. ive brought her out and its as if nothing had happened.

If the bungs are anything like the ones built in Fife between the motorway and the mining works it will look like colditz.

Don't accept anybody's word for anything. They will say what needs to be said and change it later , when it is too late to stop it.

Nice of them to take responsibility for any flooding, but you have to the mess and inconvenience.

Don't rely on officials to look after your interest , you need a protest group.

I agree. Trust no-one at this stage; this is how it starts, all nicey-nicey and reasonable.

You're concerned for your environment and they're concerned about money - and we know who holds more power. You do need a local action group, as blackmagic says.

It's amazing the number of different (and incorrect!) stories flying around the estate! The local Residents and Tenants Association seem to be behind most of them, I must find out who runs it, and put the record straight as I have spoken to the main man. Chinese whispers have nothing on this lot!

Tipping it down here today and bloomin' cold too - glad I got the grass cut yesterday. Since we were going to get wet on our walk anyway I took the dogs up the forest so they could get thoroughly wet and muddy. They had a great time. Tiffy caught a mole - she's normally very quick at killing any mice or rabbits she finds but she just nudged Mr Mole with her nose a few times then let him trundle off when I told her to "leave it" .

I'm way behind on all the news - when did Uncle Albert arrive Jazz? Have I missed pics? Hope Trudie is ok.

Can't get smilies to work on Chrome either - will try switching to Firefox.

Off to read back and catch up with what everyone's been up to

It rained hard overnight but now the sun has appeared, much to the dogs' relief...they don't like having to go out in the wet. I've taken some photos out of the back bedroom window to show just how close the fields are to our houses...you'll have to excuse the rampant dandelions in my garden!

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

I now have smilies on Firefox :cheer: :cheer:

The only thing change was last night I discovered that I couldn't open pdf files on Firefox- could do before , but not now for some reason.

Hubby changed settings and ,hey presto, smilies work.

He clicked on Firefox, preferences, applications and then selected use adobe reader for the adobe applications. They were showing to use a plug in, which I don't have.

Don't know if that helps anybody else

It rained hard overnight but now the sun has appeared, much to the dogs' relief...they don't like having to go out in the wet. I've taken some photos out of the back bedroom window to show just how close the fields are to our houses...you'll have to excuse the rampant dandelions in my garden!

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

Suzeanne

You have a super background to your gardens which would be lost completely. Not that that counts for anything- you are not legally entitled to a view.

But the noise and dust will be horrendous. Where I used to live we had sevral opencast mines and they were a very large scar on the landscape, including the bungs.