UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

ha ha ha i think that would be a lovely sight to see... 23 dogs all together and having fun :evo:

kittycat...... i have the opposite problem, i have done the washing bit but now am trying to desperately hide it so i don't need to iron it!

we have sun again!!!! :lmaosmiley:

Hope HRH Sir Nog is continuing to recover :cool02:

Rufus hammie has made it through the night so thats good but his foot is red and swollen. However he is using it unlike yesterday and i syringed his antibiotics in his mouth with no problems. Last night Jodie was sleeping at a friends but at 11pm the door bell rang and there was Jodie with her friends mum. Jodie was bawling because of Rufus and loosing Toffee so i ended up with a sobbing wreck in my bed . I 'may' have had a tear or two myself :unsure:

I meet up with friends every week for a walk on the beach, today there were 10 dogs with us. As we were coming off the beach Jo & co were ahead while I put Bo, China, Cassie and Reg onlead - Jed was up with the others. Fran came onto the beach to meet us and Rosie (a cavalier pup who my lot had not met before today's group walk) ran to her. As she did some other people with a spaniel stopped to talk to Fran. I didn't see it but Jo said that as soon as the spaniel went towards Rosie Jed speeded up and stood between the two dogs, not being nasty, tail wagging, but making it very clear that Rosie was with him and he was there to look after her.

I'm very proud of my big bulldozer - he is the one who gets beaten up for no reason by random dogs but if a strange dog comes up to one of "his" pack he makes sure that it understands he is there to greet it and also to look out for his friends..

Rufus hammie has made it through the night so thats good but his foot is red and swollen. However he is using it unlike yesterday and i syringed his antibiotics in his mouth with no problems. Last night Jodie was sleeping at a friends but at 11pm the door bell rang and there was Jodie with her friends mum. Jodie was bawling because of Rufus and loosing Toffee so i ended up with a sobbing wreck in my bed . I 'may' have had a tear or two myself :unsure:

Hugs for you both :GroupHug:

I'm very proud of my big bulldozer - he is the one who gets beaten up for no reason by random dogs but if a strange dog comes up to one of "his" pack he makes sure that it understands he is there to greet it and also to look out for his friends..

Good boy Jed :woof:

RMF : I'm going to have a bath and settle down for telly later - most looking forward to The Voice :pinkie:

Sorry to anyone who needs sympathy, I haven't read back. We got a pamphlet in the post earlier, informing us that the local farmers and landowners are conducting an evaluation of a surface coal mining scheme, which will encompass about five fields, two of which are directly behind our gardens! I would put in a screaming smilie, but I can't get them to work. I can't start to imagine the noise, the dust etc...not to mention the loss of habitat for the skylarks who nest in the field, and the lovely mature trees that border it. I now have a thumping headache and I feel sick.

Sorry to anyone who needs sympathy, I haven't read back. We got a pamphlet in the post earlier, informing us that the local farmers and landowners are conducting an evaluation of a surface coal mining scheme, which will encompass about five fields, two of which are directly behind our gardens! I would put in a screaming smilie, but I can't get them to work. I can't start to imagine the noise, the dust etc...not to mention the loss of habitat for the skylarks who nest in the field, and the lovely mature trees that border it. I now have a thumping headache and I feel sick.

Sounds horrendous. Start by contacting Natural England (I can't actually remember if you are in England or not, sorry!), tell them about the skylarks and enlist their help. Their skylark chap was very helpful to us a few years ago. Then if you have a local natural history society and branch of the RSPB get them out to do a site survey.

Horrendous :GroupHug:

Sounds horrendous. Start by contacting Natural England (I can't actually remember if you are in England or not, sorry!), tell them about the skylarks and enlist their help. Their skylark chap was very helpful to us a few years ago. Then if you have a local natural history society and branch of the RSPB get them out to do a site survey.

Good advice, and yes, suzeanna is in England, right in the middle like me. I'm sure you won't be the only one feeling that way, suzeanna. I bet there will be a protest movement in no time.

Well done Nog, and hang in there ickle Rufus.

I am excused husky watch this evening as there are other people covering it. Good thing too, as both Wispa and I have done a few miles tracking a different dog and are in the mood for warm blankets, soft music and a lazy evening. Back on the trail tomorrow then out on husky watch later, which luckily can be done in the van with flask and duvet.

Well you won't get much sympathy from the landowners and farmers who stand to gain hugely from the sale or leasing of this land, but what does your local council (Parish?) have to say about it? Sorry, I don't know what the equivalent is in England, but up here, our Community Council would be taking the lead in monitoring (and probably opposing) proposals such as this.

I'd get in touch with them first and ask what they intend to do, and see whether you can help enlist local support. I assume your neighbours will all be as upset as you. It's always essential to act quickly before a pro-landowner/farmer planning department gives this sort of thing the green light.

There is of course the possibility that some locals may welcome it - you'd have to find out how many jobs it would provide, and how much coal would be removed over what period of time, and so on - so that you have the stats to support any objections.

Good luck :GroupHug: