UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

Where is this area with the brill DWs, suzeanna? Some areas do have a good out-of-hours service but others are hopeless.

Latest Bones news here:

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=37865&status=Lost

She is still using Frith Wood as a base but goes out hunting and bin-raiding from Jordanthorpe to the north right down to Whittington. We are currently trying to sort out a recording of husky howls to play in the wood, and can have Nala there so if she heads for the music she will find a real one she knows. Sounds far fetched but husky folk advise us it's worth a shot and think she is likely to sing back. Maybe Nala will give us a song as well.

So if rumours spread round Derbyshire that people are seen going late into the wood and vanishing into the trees, and soon afterwards unearthly howls are heard ... you can explain that we are absolutely not werewolves.

:GroupHug: for Cheryl, Emily and Ella.

It's Lancing in Sussex Owl..at least that's where my son lives, I assume the DW is in that area, though it could come under Brighton or Worthing.

I had hoped the colder weather would have encouraged Bones to seek people out to give her food, but being a husky, she probably enjoyed it!

I had a phone call from my OT today. She's been off on hollibobs (lucky her) and was sorry to hear what had happened and how I'd been treated. She's working on Saturday, so offered to see me then instead of Monday, and as it suited me, I said yes please. She also acknowledged that I had told her about the 'ending it all' thoughts and that the Dr's diagnosis should have taken that into account, but his letter went out while she was on holiday (I am not naive enough to think this would have been spotted, by hey, at least she tried)

Shame she phoned on the home number, which i have asked them not to use because of Big Dave working shifts, and ofcourse last night he was on nights, so he ain't happy :( I was working in the passageway, so didn't hear it ring, apparently she called three times... :rolleyes:

Cheyrl, hope Emily was seen and the outcome is good, PJ's or not. and that Ella's bumps are just 'old lady stuff' and nothing serious.

So if rumours spread round Derbyshire that people are seen going late into the wood and vanishing into the trees, and soon afterwards unearthly howls are heard ... you can explain that we are absolutely not werewolves.

:laugh: :laugh: cant wait for the news headlines :laugh: Hope Bones stops playing silly buggers and surrenders soon :flowers:

:GroupHug: hope little terrier got claimed

Does anyone know about cage cleaning/germs etc. As i said yesterday Tyson parrot will up grade to a large cage soon. The one i've been offered is lovely but i have one concern about buying it. The african grey that lived in it died from an illness. It was thought to be from contaminated food but the bird had diarrohea and died within 48 hrs. Cage was apparently disinfected and has been empty for several months but is it safe for my boy? Have been offered all the expensive toys free with the cage but again are these safe or not. Last thing i want to do is accidently get my boy ill.

Back home from Bones search, just me without Wispa. Bones was definitely playing silly b's, two people glimpsed a fleeting shadow but she would not come even to the couple of huskies who were singing away. Rain started coming down so everyone decided to do the fryup and leave. Within minutes of people moving away, there was mega rustling as she came out of the holly bushes. Someone ran back to see, and all the food had gone. Then we had a big stroke of luck. A couple of residents of houses overlooking the wood came to see what was going on with our gathering of people and huskies. We discovered that Bones had been disrupting their sleep by yodelling in the wee small hours. One lady was awakened by weird howls right under her window and was quite shaken up. She was very relieved to learn it was only a very norty young husky who is feeling a bit lonely, and says she will put out food and we can use her garden for trapping. So altogether it was a useful search this eve. :biggrin:

You know what worries me about Bones Phebe? She is obviously is no rush to get back to the bosom of her family and if she is enjoying her freedom so much, when she is eventually caught/coaxed back onto a lead and the confines of a garden, she may well do her level best to get out again!

Come on in Bones, stop playing silly buggers. Owl I hope that you will soon get a result flowers.gif

Alex I hope work goes well today. Looking on the bright side at least you have a short week flowers.gif

I had a crap night's sleep so much so that I finished one book that I was 3/4's of the way through, started another and finished that and then was still lying awake for another hour, knackered, fed up and very, very sore.

I have a book on my Kindle called Chosen By A Horse. I want to start it but I think it's going to be a tear jerker so I'm being cautious. Has any one here read it?

Do I spy a new message from Mr Pingu at the head of the board? :biggrin:

I am swamped by work, which is great really but I'd rather have more time for window-shopping a new dog :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed for Bones handing herself in very soon.

Hope you have a better sleep tonight Maz Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Shoulders are all knotted again - only been back a day rolleyes.gif

RMF : I had two letters about my pay rise waiting for me at home. Letters were the same apart from a) they were signed by different people (scanned signatures not actually signed) and b) the new salary level was different in each rolleyes.gif

RMF : I had two letters about my pay rise waiting for me at home. Letters were the same apart from a) they were signed by different people (scanned signatures not actually signed) and b) the new salary level was different in each rolleyes.gif

Accept the better one.

Do I spy a new message from Mr Pingu at the head of the board? :biggrin:

I think you do Karen. I was wondering the same and have decided it is a new message biggrin.gif

Thank you Alex - I think I will because I am really knackered.

I hope the higher salary is the correct one flowers.gif

I have dried liver in the oven today and made some tuna cake both for Archie to share with his BFF, Sadie. The dog walkers have excelled themselves this week and the shortest walk he's had was an hour-and-a-half, today's was 2 hours plus. I only pay for an hour biggrin.gif And all because Sadie and Archie are in luff wub.gif wub.gif

I think you do Karen. I was wondering the same and have decided it is a new message

I saw it yesterday but thought as no one was mentioning it that it'd been there a bit and i was dim and hadn't noticed :rolleyes: :laugh: Good to know it hasnt been up long :biggrin:

Agree with others Alex accept the higher one and bin the other!