UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

Have to admit i hadnt realised about the fume thing until last night. Then again i always knew ironing is vastly over rated and now i know its downright dangerous :laugh: When you think about it though it makes you wonder how all these unseen fumes affect us and the rest of our pets :unsure:

Houndrus forgot to say before that i loved the photo :biggrin:

Blackmagic, i had the symptoms before the tablets :flowers:

Jazz i love that advert too :wub: :wub:

Colliesrbest woooooowwwwwwww i love parrots, i hope you will be very happy together :biggrin:

Yantan, hope your headache is fully gone :flowers:

we too have rain :angry:

yep the people "looking after" the car are paying.. well they have to pay their excess plus vat then their insurance will pay the rest. will just be glad to get it back!

Never under estimate the power of the parrot! My DIL has one - he's a 'sensitive' soul, hates my son and plucks his feathers. I think that's because he's kept in a conservatory and feels vulnerable.

guess what? ASTI team finally called me, about an hour ago thank heavens I haven't needed them. Told him I wasn't impressed and will be telling my GP about my experiences on Weds...

My friend had a grey parrot. She got fed up training border collies for obedience competitions so took up parrot training. :unsure:

He learned lots of tricks.

He had a perch in the garden that he sat on on sunny days.

They do need a lot of company and stimulation.

guess what? ASTI team finally called me, about an hour ago thank heavens I haven't needed them. Told him I wasn't impressed and will be telling my GP about my experiences on Weds...

Its disgraceful that a service that is so needed is treated with such little commitment by those that provide it. In this day and age when more and more people need help it seems less is provided.

Glad you got your call Fran - did they say why there was a delay in calling you? unsure.gif

I have to say that I don't like seeing parrots (or any other wild bird) in captivity :(

RMF : I've been to B&Q and Morrisons. B&Q was a nightmare to get to because the world and his dog were trying to get to the Trafford Centre.

I actually took a plant back to B&Q biggrin.gif Mind you, I then bought four Fuschias from Morrisons, plus some tomato and strawberry seeds laugh.gif

Glad you finally got the call back Fran :GroupHug:

Hope the headache has buggered off Marion :GroupHug:

I can't image why anyone would want to go to the Trafford Centre, I went once to go to the Apple Store to get my IPod fixed, I had a meltdown just trying to navigate the roundabouts to get in the place, then deal with the car park, would have been easier just to buy a new one!

The weather has been naff today so we did the wet dog walk and domestic duties early and spent the day playing video games, though I image I'll regret that tonight because we chose to play a horror game, more time spent passing the controller back and forth to see who's brave enough to play :laugh:

I'll be sleeping with my teddy tonight I think :rolleyes:

laugh.gif at Steph. Not that I am not a big wuss. I scared myself to death yesterday reading a "what scares the crap out of you" thread on another forum yesterday. I was seeing all sorts in the dark once I went to bed. And at one point I heard a ghost come up the stairs and horror of horrors it sat down on the bed beside me and started pushing me!!!! ohmy.gif Then I discovered the ghost was just Archie so I calmed down a bit. I had to sleep with the light on after that tho rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

I might have been back reading more ghostly going's on today rolleyes.gif and I'm now trying to steel myself for going to bed. I have some light reading I plan to do but I'll guarantee my mind will wander to "things that go bump in the night". And I'm home on my own this week - well home alone with Archie of course. If you hear no more of me it's probably because I have died from self inflicted shock. Could you please send someone in to rescue Archie - his food dish is full and he has two water dishes, also full, so he should be OK for a couple of days. He might start eating my body after that so it might be less messy for the undertakers if you call for help sooner rather than leave it until the end of the week. Thanks.

N'nite all. Sweet dreams tongue.gif

Hope you sleep well Yantan, and please don't scare yourself too much. I daren't look at or listen to anything too scary, even if it is really unlikely fictional stuff, I am such a wimp. We like the ghosties who live in this house, as they just go peacefully about whatever things they used to do back in 1780 or whenever, and make a nice vibe. :wub:

Morning :tired:

I can't image why anyone would want to go to the Trafford Centre, I went once to go to the Apple Store to get my IPod fixed, I had a meltdown just trying to navigate the roundabouts to get in the place, then deal with the car park, would have been easier just to buy a new one!

The weather has been naff today so we did the wet dog walk and domestic duties early and spent the day playing video games, though I image I'll regret that tonight because we chose to play a horror game, more time spent passing the controller back and forth to see who's brave enough to play :laugh:

If you ever need to go again, park in the Asda car park up the top end - there's a walk through to the pelican crossing which takes you in via Selfridges. Hate the place myself - only ever been a few times. If you are going to go, go at 10am on either Monday or Tuesday morning cos it's dead flowers.gif

I watched Blade 2 night before last while I was in bed. Normally don't watch horror films because they frighten the life out of me. Didn't make for the most peaceful night's sleep ohmy.gif

Last day off today and then back to work tomorrow - dreading it :(

Emily has a hospital appointment this morning. I'm leaving in 15 minutes and she's still in her pyjamas refusing to get dressed. I said I'll carry her out to the car in her pyjamas because there's no way I'm going without her :rolleyes:

Then taking Ella to the vets this afternoon with the two lumps I found on her over the weekend.

Stress factor 9/10.

I made it through the night! Although I had to sleep with the light on once more and I know that's not good for you. Archie stayed snuggled up to me all night long. How come he needs 3/4's of the bed given his much smaller size in relation to mine?

Owl I am very pleased to hear your ghosties are a pleasant lot biggrin.gif

Bloody hell Alex your days off went by quickly!

Cheryl I hope by now that Emily has started co-operating and that the stress levels are reducing Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif I'll think positive thoughts for all 3 of you today.

Dawg yesterday's weather was awful - it just rained all day long and it was mega heavy through the night as it woke me up a couple of times belting on the velux window in the upstairs hall. It's not looking all that promising today either but at least it's fine - for now!

Hope you got Emily sorted Cheryl, pj's or not!

My son phoned me on Easter Sunday and said when he took his little westie to the park, a jrt followed him home (across a very very busy road!). No collar, and a bloody nose but friendly. He put it in the garden and fed it and shut it into his garage whilst he phoned the dog warden and this is the bit that amazed me..the dog warden was not only working, but came within the hour to pick up the dog!! :ohmy: The wardens around here don't even work weekends, let alone Easter! I hope the little chap was reunited with his family.

Talking of reunited dogs, any sign of Bones again Owl? or has she been found and I missed it?

I should have gone to the hospital this afternoon to get my knee looked at, but I've been so discouraged by the stories in the papers about how older people are treated, that I cancelled. No doubt I'll be sorry when it goes again. :rolleyes: