UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

:laugh: :laugh: smashing piccie :laugh: :laugh: love it!!!!

thanks for letting us know about the allotments, i think my mum liked the idea of being able to go and buy her veggies off the people who grew them.

i still feel ill, must be bad as i haven't touched any of my easter eggs :ohmy: i would have at least eaten one by now! estimate for work on the car repairs came through yesterday...£2900 at visual estimate stage!

Still waiting for the phone call....... Shall be having serious words with GP and my MH OT worker when I see them

That's not fair. They must know people are depending them. Why promise something and then not deliver.

I hope you can better support from your GP.

Fran - unfortunately mental health care seems to be a bit of a lottery according to which area you come under Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Griff - thank feck you aren't paying for it! ohmy.gif

RMF : It's peeing down and forecast to do so for the next five days. I need to get out and do some gardening so am contemplating whether to do this whilst it's raining (it involves digging in a border).

:GroupHug: Fran

:GroupHug: Yantan, hope you're feeling better

:ohmy: Griff the ones that were 'looking after' the car are paying arent they?

I have always wanted a parrot for years and years. Yesterday i saw an ad on facebook for a parrot but with no details. I enquired about him and the people spoke to me then invited me down, interrogated me :laugh: and gave him to me with the cage and everything for nothing. So i am now the owner of Tyson a 12 yr old jardine parrot who dislikes men but loves woman. After a few minutes of meeting him he was letting me stroke him through the bars of his cage :wub: His cage isnt huge but i'm giving him a few weeks to make sure hes happy with us then he'll upgrade :rolleyes: Any one with jardine parrots.. any advice /tips etc are more than welcome. I spent last night researching them but theres nothing like owners advice to help :biggrin: But thats it now no more new additions, i even turned down dwarf hammies yesterday [two 'males' that have just had a litter :rolleyes: ]

Alex it's raining here too chick if it makes you feel any better. It's really nissing down.

CrB yes I am feeling better this morning - well as in as much as the head has gone. You've got a parrot! How exciting biggrin.gif I've always wanted one but the closest I have come is to have a couple of friends who had/have one each.

One friend's parrot is called Jasper and like yours he's none too keen on men. He's very protective of his mum and whenever her OH gets cuddly with her Jasper swears at him. "Bloody git" "yer getting on my wick" "sod off" are just a few of his stock phrases. He spends a lot of time out of his cage and sometimes refuses to go back in at bedtime. My friend has to resort to bribery. "Jasper get in your cage and I'll give you a sweetie" (the sweetie is actually a parrot treat not a real sweet!) At the mention of the sweetie Jasper dashes for his cage and gets in. If he forgets to shut the cage door behind him in his haste to get the sweetie my friend will remind him "door" and he gets off his perch and shuts it. He's a real character wub.gif

Jazz I love the Aldi add with the lurcher too.

Happy New Parrot!

If you put "parrot care" into a google search you will find heaps of info on them.

I had a browse through some of the sites and was surprised to learn that parrots are sensitive to various fumes, especially those from non-stick pans and ironing board covers. I knew they were sensitive to aerosols and that avocado is poisonous to them.

My experience of parrots is brief, unforgettable in completely the wrong kind of way, and never to be repeated. I was persuaded to feed a neighbour's African Grey for a few days while she was away. The parrot was fine, my thumb and my nerves ended up in shreds. A parrot is always several jumps ahead of an owl :angry:

Edited by owl