UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

Really pleased that you finally got a call back flowers.gif

No experience of the menopause yet, but my hormones do have a huge impact on my moods, which can swing quite drastically within a few days, so it wouldn't surprise me if the two were connected.

I'd best shift my bum off this sofa before I become welded to it - I need to do B&Q and food shopping, because I don't want to do either once Easter starts in earnest!

Edited by merledogs

I was lucky with the menopause, my female doctor put me on HRT before the menopause proper started, and I had barely any unpleasant symptoms at all...my mother was a different matter, when she was going through the menopause she was a nightmare (and she was a difficult person to start with). Violent mood swings and flying off the handle at the slightest thing were the things that most affected the people around her, you had to think twice before saying the simplest thing, and half the time you still got it wrong. :rolleyes:

Edited by suzeanna

I wish I did have experience of the menopause. I'm pushing 53 and still waiting for it to start rolleyes.gif

We got a very heavy frost last night. My car was white with it this morning but once the sun got out it all disappeared and it's now a really gorgeous day biggrin.gif

we've got sun :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

K9Fran, i am very glad somebody has finally got back to you and they are going to keep in touch over the weekend :flowers:

Owl..... being a couch potato now and again does no harm.... although i am a couch potato a lot :laugh:

i no nothing of the menopause.... my nan had HRT and was always lovely :unsure: don't know about my dads mum and my mum is early fifties but if she starts being a real c*w she will be accompanied to the dr with a demand for them to fix her :laugh:

car is getting moved today... having to send it where the insurance company want it to go as they give a 3 year guarantee, hopefully get over to see the damage for myself sometime next week :mecry:

I wish I did have experience of the menopause. I'm pushing 53 and still waiting for it to start rolleyes.gif

I wish mine would hurry up and start too rolleyes.gif then we can be moaning menopausal Minnies together laugh.gif

It's been really sunny here all day too cool.gif

Griffalo - hope you get the car back good as new flowers.gif

RMF : I have been to Asda. Unfortunately the world and his dog decided to go at the same time (and I thought I was beating the Easter rush) rolleyes.gif They even had security in the car park directing traffic. I parked right at the top of the car park, the furthest end away from the exit, so when I came out there was a huge queue of cars trying to get out, with all the cars from the side lanes trying to get out into the main exit as well. However, I devised a cunning plan cool.gif Instead of going right to join the queue for the main exit, I went across the top bit and came out at the last lane before the exit. There was only one car in front of me to pull out and a nice man let me out in front of him, so instead of taking half an hour to get out, it took me a few minutes biggrin.gif

Then I went to B&Q. I may have bought more plants cool.gif

Just read back over the past 3 days :GroupHug: :flowers: to those of you going through tough times at the moment - we should form a club.

I've been offline since Tuesday, had to go back to Wales original plan was to meet my brother at mums Tuesday, go through her documents etc then go get the forms from the hospital so we could register her death, got told that it was possibly being referred to the coroner, which was a shock, so all we really managed to do was go through everything (which was fecking awful) and agree to meet up again when we heard some more, Wed I went shopping with my MIL to buy something for the funeral whenever we were able to actually arrange one. That was tough and I'd just walked out of the shop when my brother texted and then phoned with news which I completely misunderstood and thought he'd arranged for my aunt and him to go to the funeral directors and leave me out of everything - I reacted very badly. My MIL had to half drag me into the nearest cafe as I was a complete mess I didn't even know where I was.... anyway we eventually got that all straightened out, so today me and my brother registered the death (no coroner needed thankfully) and arranged the funeral - that was another shock, they wanted £1,000 deposit there and then, thank goodness my brother had his credit card with him. I spent most of the day at mums just me and my brother, and eventually got home a couple of hours ago, and I'm knackered.

Because we didn't know how long we'd be there I took Ferro with me as well as Nog, thats the first time shes been in a car since the day I brought her home, not only was she totally unphased by it she seems to have really enjoyed her little "holiday" in the carrier, shes perked up no end and even started to talk to me a bit more.

Just read back over the past 3 days :GroupHug: :flowers: to those of you going through tough times at the moment - we should form a club.

I've been offline since Tuesday, had to go back to Wales original plan was to meet my brother at mums Tuesday, go through her documents etc then go get the forms from the hospital so we could register her death, got told that it was possibly being referred to the coroner, which was a shock, so all we really managed to do was go through everything (which was fecking awful) and agree to meet up again when we heard some more, Wed I went shopping with my MIL to buy something for the funeral whenever we were able to actually arrange one. That was tough and I'd just walked out of the shop when my brother texted and then phoned with news which I completely misunderstood and thought he'd arranged for my aunt and him to go to the funeral directors and leave me out of everything - I reacted very badly. My MIL had to half drag me into the nearest cafe as I was a complete mess I didn't even know where I was.... anyway we eventually got that all straightened out, so today me and my brother registered the death (no coroner needed thankfully) and arranged the funeral - that was another shock, they wanted £1,000 deposit there and then, thank goodness my brother had his credit card with him. I spent most of the day at mums just me and my brother, and eventually got home a couple of hours ago, and I'm knackered.

Because we didn't know how long we'd be there I took Ferro with me as well as Nog, thats the first time shes been in a car since the day I brought her home, not only was she totally unphased by it she seems to have really enjoyed her little "holiday" in the carrier, shes perked up no end and even started to talk to me a bit more.

It must be very hard dealing with it all as you were so close.I hope you get to give your mum the send off she deserves.

Morning :flowers:

Lots of :GroupHug: :GroupHug: for everyone. Seems like there are many of you who need them and I don't want to miss anyone out.

Another difficult week at work, mainly taken up by one resident, trying to liaise with different agencies on his behalf, despite the social worker refusing to do anything. She actually said in an email that she had only been "doing me a favour" in having anything to do with me at all, before basically washing her hands of the whole thing. My boss couldn't believe it, but I am used to this now. :mad:

Anyhoo, it's a lovely day here, so I'm off to the lotty to plant my tatties. :biggrin:

:GroupHug: snow :GroupHug: it is a sad reflection on todays society that you have to pay a deposit.... i dare say they have been stung before.

Houndzrus hope you have a nice day at the lottie :biggrin:

well i have been to the dentist to get my teeth checked to ensure it isn't my teeth causing my earache....nope once again all fine :rolleyes: then we went to see the car at the bodyshop, not too bad at all, new bumper, wing needs straightening out a bit and possibly a new wheel.. if not they will refurb the wheel...not sure about the steering/suspension but the fella was confused as to why the screen was bullseyed, we told him what we were told and he still looked confused :laugh:

Well, I'm still waiting for my phone call.... :unsure:

Woke feeling 'anxious' - it goes from the tips of my toes to the top of my head. I can 'zone out' for a while - just sit and watch/listen. I hate being 'talked at' when I'm like that. Dave asked me if I could just sort out one area of the bedroom, after he'd sorted out his area, so I went up and turned the radio on (shut the dogs out, as they do like to bounce on the bed) and had myself a bit of a tidy - it helped a bit.

Did I mention I have a Dr appt - first one I could get with the lady Dr I trust, was 07.30 on Weds morning!! I remember asking my old Dr if the depression and everything could have anything to do with my age (I was 49 at the time) and he dismissed it (without any tests) even though I said it seemed to be cyclical (about every 4 weeks). Now I am even more sure it is, and annoyed that I've been allowed to go on for 3 years like this :(

Snow, be kind to yourself - hope your brother understands.