UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

trudy is fine in herself. still having a go at ruby, and ive noticed she will often do it before going for a wee.

lewis flight is booked for the 15th, its real! I might say this a few times, as if I say it enough I might believe its real :unsure: Hes my mate and helps me with vets trips,and the dogs love him. I know they have to leave home, and hes done it before, but thats not the point lol

We had that slushy wet snow last night. The cars in the street had a covering when I went to bed but it's all gone this morning and the sun is out. Tis a tad cold but otherwise it's a beautiful day. As for 80's weather well if you can remember the 60's you weren't there - I'm afraid that's how the 80's were to me. I can't remember them rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Today, as long as my hand co-operates, I am going to make dog biscuits for Archie and his new BFF, Sadie wub.gif wub.gif

Owl I am glad you are in touch with Fran. I've been thinking about her since she posted. Incidentally I have a friend who is the same age as your mum but she's very much with it and still walking her dog for an hour every morning and afternoon. She went on a cruise with her daughter last year and they got stuck out in the Bay of Biscay in a storm because it was too dangerous to try and manoeuvre the ship into dock.

She rang my auntie, who was looking after her dog, to let her know of the delay. My aunt said "oh goodness me - a storm! Heavens fancy being stuck in the middle of the ocean riding that out" and our friend answered "I know. Isn't it exciting! I'm having the time of my life". I hope if I get to be 92 I have her attitude to life.

Good grief, there's a whiteout here! It was snowing heavily when our alarm went off at 4.45 (argh!) and my OH had a slippery journey to work at 5.30 and it hasn't stopped since. They said on the travel news that areas around Whitby have no power as the lines are down and there is a heavy coating of snow on the telephone lines outside, hope everything holds up! What's it like where you are Owl?

Jazz i am glad Trudy seems here usual self... hopefully that is a good sign :flowers:

Owl i am really pleased you have been in contact with fran and i am glad things seem a little better :flowers:

suzeanna i hope your power and phonelines remain intact!!

we had some snow, not much, started as i went to the drs and stopped whilst i was there, i have antibiotics my grommet is still there :biggrin: the last bloke i saw at the hospital told me that i had significantly reduced hearing in the right ear and it was irrepairably damaged, imagine my surprise to have read out to me today that " hearing in my left ear is returned to normal and the right is slightly reduced :angry: the was telling me it had improved slightly but not to the level they would hav eexpected or hoped for :ohmy: i have asked how much it will cost to have an mri as i want it looked at properly.

I've made the biskquits and they are going down a treat. I've also given some to Rosie and Misty the BC's next door as I feel sorry for them as they rarely get walked and their owner does nothing but shout at them and smack them, although the smacking is less frequent than the shouting. I have had words with her about it angry.gif

Good grief, there's a whiteout here! It was snowing heavily when our alarm went off at 4.45 (argh!) and my OH had a slippery journey to work at 5.30 and it hasn't stopped since. They said on the travel news that areas around Whitby have no power as the lines are down and there is a heavy coating of snow on the telephone lines outside, hope everything holds up! What's it like where you are Owl?

We have had loads since it started around 11 pm but it is all soggy and melts a while after it has settled, so although we have around 3 or 4 inches it's slushy and unstable. We have to be careful going out the door as huge quantities keep sliding off the roof. If it freezes tonight it will be dreadful, if it doesn't it will be gone by morning. The amount we have had, if it hadn't been melting I reckon we would have it 3 ft deep or more by now. Hope your OH gets back safely.

Well done your friend, Yantan. :flowers:

griff, shows how much it matters to get a 2nd opinion. Rather disconcerting. Maybe we should all insist on seeing our notes which I think we are now legally permitted to do?

Just thought I'd touch base, and bless all of you who were worrying about me.

I'm afraid my experiences with Samaritans in the passed haven't been good (in a face to face session to try and help with the baggage I carry following 'date rape' - the 'counsellors' final words were 'are you sure you didn't lead him on dear?')

Unsurprisingly the Mental Health team haven't got back to me. Dave has 'promised' many things, but I have given up expecting him to stick to them. I am probably much to blame - if anyone saw 'The syndicate' last night on BBC1, I saw a lot of similarities with the dog lady (although even I baulked at the idea of using a tea towel to mop up dog wee!) But maybe I have let myself go - however my efforts today haven't been noticed :(

I asked him to speak to his Dr about the possibility of him being depressed, and therefore less able to cope with me. His Dr just said it's a symptom of being in pain (he's got hip and knee problems and just gone back to work today after 2 weeks off with Sciatica), which I could accept if he wasn't having to deal with me, a couple of grotty teenagers and financial problems (we're on a debt management plan, but since I had to sign off JSA, there's very little left in the pot to pay off debts). So no help there :(

I have found the Samaritans variable. They weren't a lot of help in the 60s when I was at uni and seriously suicidal, but when I rang them a couple of times during my years in Wales when overwhelmed by fighting the NHS on behalf of partner they were pretty useful.

For a counsellor to say that about date rape was appalling and completely ignorant. A complaint would have been justified but I'm sure you were in no condition to make one.

The only thing I can suggest is keep on at the mental health service. Some individuals within it are inclined to think if you don't keep on asking for help you don't really need it (personal experience here).

Nice one Alex - 6 lovely days off eh.What are you going to do with them?

I was going to do some gardening but doesn't look like we'll have the weather rolleyes.gif I will still be going to B&Q cos I think they've got a sale on so I might as well stock up on stuff I need then at least I'm prepared if the sun does decide to pop out for ten seconds. Otherwise I'll be pootling about the house and reading lots cool.gif

Fran - please go back to your doctor and explain how badly you feel and that you don't feel supported flowers.gif

Snow mostly washed away now but everything slushy and slippery. Wispa not pleased because she wanted us to go and yomp round the woods in the dark, just because it had stopped raining. The mini horses are in their shelter each wearing 2 rugs, except for the smallest who was really feeling the cold so he has been taken to the stables. Should be warmer tomorrow. Today I have watched a film on iPlayer and one on DVD and listened to a play on the radio, feel free to call me a couch potato :biggrin:

Big thanks to all you lovely people who have been so supportive and extra thanks for the PM's.

Mental health team finally called back last night, and have arranged to call me again on Friday and over the weekend if needed. I'm a lot better than I woz, infact I can't believe just a few days ago I felt so bad. I see my councillor today, I hope she's prepared, it could be a heavy session.

Owl, I think you officially qualify as a CP, even Big Dave doesn't generally watch that much telly.

Oh yes - one other thing - has anyone got any experience of the menopause and the sort of symptoms I've been having (anxiety, depression, angry, confused and some physical symptoms too - like a head full of jelly!) OH is convinced it's my age....