UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

OWLS WEARING A FECKIN APRON !!!!!

So what happened to the riots we were planning and the summer festivals. I was relying on your Geraniums. :biggrin:

I often do wear aprons, not cute and frilly but plain and hard wearing with big pockets. This doesn't mean I have turned respectable. It means I am a messy moo who spills things all over my clothes. Aprons = less laundry.

Got the report from last night. Nala the husky was on good form and showed the people to Bones' hideout in the woods near where she had approached the man and his dog. She also showed them a partly eaten rabbit and some dog poo which was evidently from a dog eating raw. Everyone settled down to do a nice fry up of liver and other noxious substances :sick01: and although Bones didn't appear Nala seemed to think she wasn't far away. So they left goodies for her and went home. More fryups are planned.

As for summer festivals, Wispa and I plan to do some road trips over the summer. Working holiday on Bodmin Moor for certain, a wander through Wales, and we hope a random camping trip to Scotland with no particular destination except northwards.

Lovely pics of Jack, Cherry and Max :wub:

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are going potty over petrol! I wanted to shop in the Londis this morning, which is part of the filling station, and I couldn't get access because of the queue for petrol. When I came back that way they were actually queuing for about 150yds out onto the main road causing an awful clog up for those of us wanting to go straight on.

If there wasn't a shortage to start with this is certainly going to cause one rolleyes.gif

Owl I do like the sound of your intended summer schedule. We used to go camping a lot in Scotland and found some delightful sites. Are you planning to avoid the main midgey season? Midges never bother me in England but boy those little Scottish blighters do!

I hope the fry-up's have the desired effect and draw Nala Husky out soon.

Either she is on top of the world or back in a deep pit of despair.

I know that feeling well :mecry: I've been on a different antidepressant for three weeks now. I was doing really well on it, I saw my GP last Thursday morning and she was so pleased with me instead of seeing me once a fortnight she said not to come back for a month. For some unknown reason I started going downhill again from Thursday afternoon onwards. From Saturday evening I started with the panic attacks & hyperventilating again :mecry: I've terrified Mr Hazell and the girls because I just have no control over it and I can't make it stop. I completely fell to pieces on Tuesday morning on the phone to Mr Hazell. I worried him so much he said he didn't trust me to be on my own in the house and that if I didn't go out with the dogs he'd come home to supervise me :mecry: I have the bestest dogs in the world :wub: Despite taking my sleeping tablets last night at 11pm I woke up a billion times and have been up since 4am. My GP only works on Thursdays so I phoned as soon as the surgery opened only to be told she's on holiday :mecry: I had to see someone I've never seen before, made an absolute pilchard of myself in front of her and came away with yet another medication to take, so I'm now on three in an attempt to keep me sane :lmaosmiley: :confused02: :upsidedown: :run4hills: (SUEP)

I've now got an appointment with my usual GP next Thursday. I think she ought to just shoot me.

No she should not, but maybe she will review the medication in the light of her knowledge of you. It may be horrible at the moment, but you will get through this. You had a good patch, you will have more good patches and they will get longer :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Glad you found your keys Owl! You must have loada money, if you can contemplate that much driving and that much fuel! :huh: My OH shudders every fortnight when he fills up our Micra, and he only goes backwards and forwards to Chesterfield every day for work. When we got the car, it cost him £22 to fill up, it's just over £40 now. I think we'll have to buy a horse and cart!

PhoebeJo, keep calm and try not to panic (easier said than done), you are experiencing a minor blip, you'll soon be on the up again. :flowers:

I don't really have loads of money, the Cornish trip is a working holiday so I will get fuel money refunded. I have to go to Wales anyway as some of my belongings are still there which would cost more to replace than fetch. The proposed trip to Scotland is something I am saving up for and I will be camping so other costs should not be high. We may well be sharing vehicle and tent with a friend & her small dogs to share costs. The Berlingo is good on fuel, much better than anything I have had previously. And if I don't do it this year, the way fuel is going up I won't be able to do it next year. The amount of ££s I will be saving by swapping my van insurance will cover a lot of it.

We went to Scotland a couple of years ago..up to Plockton, then up to Applecross, and across to Skye. The weather was gloomy, but we still had a great time. Sadly we won't be able to do it again, at the rate petrol is going up. The Micra isn't too bad on fuel but she's eleven years old, so not as good as she used to be! I hope you enjoy your trips and the rain doesn't come down too hard in Scotland, if at all! :flowers:

Oh Cheryl, sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Wish you was closer, I'd come and look after you and make you cups of tea and let you just sit if you wanted to. Hang on in there kidda, it will come to an end. I'm loads better than I was this time last year, even than I was a couple of months ago. No tablets, no nothing for the first time in nearly 4 years (coincidence that Dave and I have chatted and decided we can live on just his wages and I don't have to go out to work? I don't think so..... )

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

We went to Scotland a couple of years ago..up to Plockton, then up to Applecross, and across to Skye. The weather was gloomy, but we still had a great time. Sadly we won't be able to do it again, at the rate petrol is going up. The Micra isn't too bad on fuel but she's eleven years old, so not as good as she used to be! I hope you enjoy your trips and the rain doesn't come down too hard in Scotland, if at all! :flowers:

Thank you. I don't think I'd mind a bit of rain as we so rarely see it here. Just want to avoid the ferocious giant midges :rolleyes:

Glad things are looking up for you, Fran.

Edited by owl

Best wishes for Henry Honda's MOT flowers.gif

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Cheryl

Well Keswick ran out of petrol last night rolleyes.gif I'm pretty low on petrol but so be it. I shall just sit tight until supply and demand returns to normal.

edited to make better sense! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Edited by Yantan

Well, OH has given me his bugs..very generous of him, I don't think! I could tolerate the bunged up/runny nose, the sneezing and the hot and cold feeling, but what's really annoyed me is that it's kicked my fibromyalgia off and my arms shoulders and thighs feel as if someone has been punching me! :angry: Stupid panic petrol buyers have run several of the petrol stations around here out of fuel, my daughter is in a panic as she and her OH were going down to Devon over Easter and now she's not sure if she'll be able to get enough petrol to get there and back. :unsure:

Suzannea - hope you feel better soon Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Took Henry in for his MOT. The mechanic said he would likely fail on the damaged seatbelt so fortunate that I bought the other one. The SRS (air bag system) light has been on for ages as well and I thought it would fail on that. He said it won't today as the new rules come in on 1st April laugh.gif I asked him to have a look at it in any case to see if it was going to be horrendously expensive or something fairly straightforward. Just have to wait and see.