UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steph - from what you've spoken of previously, I think you're a saint for taking care of your mother the way you do Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I'll second that Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Ive come to the conclusion I'm neither use nor ornament as my gran used to say. I just dont see the point any more of anything

Now that's not true Suzeanna. I for one enjoy your contributions here flowers.gif I am sure you are just as nice in real life. You may have lost your way but you hang in there because you will find your way back Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Now that's not true Suzeanna. I for one enjoy your contributions here flowers.gif I am sure you are just as nice in real life. You may have lost your way but you hang in there because you will find your way back Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I have met her Yantan, and you are right, she is a sweetie.

Suzeanna, I can understand your feeling this because you are struggling with health issues and can't do things you would like to do, and there has been much sorrow in your family of late. But I am sure you make a valuable contribution just by being there for the people around you. :GroupHug: You don't have to be fit to be a helpful influence.

Suzeanna - Please listen to what Marion and Owl have said, cos it's true Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

This will give you a laugh - classic comedy moment - I went to sit on my chair and just caught the edge of it, so it slid backwards on its castors, and I ended up flat on my arse laugh.gif I didn't feel the pain in my elbow where I whacked myself on the desk because I was laughing too much and everybody else was laughing too much to help me up laugh.gif There is also a whacking great coffee stain on the carpet where I spilled a full cup of coffee the other day :blush: This dyspraxia lark isn't funny sometimes rolleyes.gif

Oh Alex I am trying hard not to laugh at your mishap but I'm losing the battle flowers.gif

Tis a luffley day here - sunny and with the most gorjuss blue skies. Both dog walkers have a full day off from their regular employment so they have taken Archie off with Sadie for a longer walk. I've paid for 2 hours but as it's so nice I have a feeling they will be out a little longer than that. They certainly aren't clock watchers and Arch frequently gets an extended hour.

When I asked if he'd behaved himself the other day Cara dog walker replied "of course. He's a little angel and a joy to take out as he's so well trained" which made me very proud. I did remind her that his middle name is arsey and he may yet blot his copybook rolleyes.gif

Ive come to the conclusion I'm neither use nor ornament as my gran used to say. I just dont see the point any more of anything

When you are ill its a very vulnerable place to be. But life changes day by day and so will you. Another day another dollar and you will find not only part of who you were a year ago but you will find the path of who you will be in a years time. I understand how you feel but as you have the gift of life make full use of it otherwise you are doing yourself a diservice and miss part of what is out there waiting for you to enjoy.

Steph......what can I say..... Your mother is a lucky woman that you dont remember on a daily basis all that went on before. Please dont forget to give as much charity to yourself as you do your mother. You are a good person.

Thanks for the encouraging words folks..everything just seems to have heaped up on top of me, not helped by the fact that I'm on my own for over nine hours a day from when my OH goes to work to him coming home. It seems strange, I live on a small housing estate and you'd think there would be plenty of people around but it's like a ghost ship...I'm lucky if I see a couple of people to say hello to when I'm walking Rosie. Too much introspection I think. :rolleyes:

Lesley, whilst I appreciate your comments, sadly the place I'm likely to be in a years time is probably going to be worse than now as none of my many and varied health issues are curable and we are likely to be even more broke! Ah well, plenty of folks worse off than me I guess.

I hope one of the sightings of Bones leads to her being caught Owl (I wonder why they gave such a pretty dog such a plain name?)

Thanks for the encouraging words folks..everything just seems to have heaped up on top of me, not helped by the fact that I'm on my own for over nine hours a day from when my OH goes to work to him coming home. It seems strange, I live on a small housing estate and you'd think there would be plenty of people around but it's like a ghost ship...I'm lucky if I see a couple of people to say hello to when I'm walking Rosie. Too much introspection I think. :rolleyes:

Lesley, whilst I appreciate your comments, sadly the place I'm likely to be in a years time is probably going to be worse than now as none of my many and varied health issues are curable and we are likely to be even more broke! Ah well, plenty of folks worse off than me I guess.

I hope one of the sightings of Bones leads to her being caught Owl (I wonder why they gave such a pretty dog such a plain name?)

I do think the solitary life ain't all it's cracked up to be , Suzeanna. I know when I worked full-time, or when I was at home (working even harder) with my four children, I used to long for "alone time" - but if you have no means of occupying yourself it's a long day. I don't think modern life lends itself to chats over the garden fence so much these days - if you want company you often need to seek it out. :GroupHug:

Are there no free groups in your area? Nothing you fancy joining? I'm not much of a joiner myself, mind you, so hardly one to advise others! :unsure: