UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

A pretty good OH, I'd say :biggrin:

Wonderful news about Ian :biggrin:

Glad you all like my little lad Starbuck :wub: He has a really sweet nature, still shy with each new person but once he knows they are ok he likes a tummy rub and a game of footie.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starbucks is :wub:

Kittycat your OH sounds fab :flowers: which reminded me of something my OH did recently. Now he doesn't buy me flowers generally, not for Birthdays, valentines day etc. But he was away recently and I had an emotional breakdown (TOTM), but quite spectacularly in public. He had flowers delivered to me the next day (even though I was going out to see him for the weekend, he figured I needed cheering up and that the flowers would still have lots of life left in them when we returned! To say I was surprised was an understatement, but definitely something I needed at the time! They are still going strong now :biggrin: Hope you get to go on holiday and see your niece again soon though Kittycat.

Snow, I hope that smell has gone - or you are working from home now.

CRB - what fabulous news about Ian, and I loved the Guardian Angel you gave him.

I have finished my travels for a while having spent a weekend in Mallorca and a weekend in Genoa. Both great weekends, but now back to reality!!

I'm so glad Starbuck found you as his guardian angel Owl flowers.gif

Well the dog walkers came this morning - they are a young couple still in their 20's I would say but they seemed to have everything covered. They were going to start tomorrow but offered to take Archie for a short on-lead walk today to see how he was. All went well. Archie is very funny about people. Some he likes straight away, others take him longer to come round too and some he just never ever likes. He took to these two straight away. They played with him for about a quarter of an hour and he thought that was fantastic and though he was a little perturbed about going off with them for the first time he was happy enough on his walk and came back all waggy biggrin.gif

Glad Archie likes his dogwalkers.

Yantan, I will join you in the my-neighbour-hates-me club. She (let's call her Hyacinth) won't say anything face to face, not brave enough since I stood up to her when she tried to stop me moving in, but has been trying to hassle my other (very kind) neighbour into objecting to me and mine. She wants the mini horses gone, Wispa gone and preferably me as well. We have stuck to the silent period she requested between 2 and 4 but it's not enough, she wants no barking at any time. Nice neighbour Roz certainly doesn't object, her collie is much noisier and the farm collies down the road are very noisy indeed. I could understand if we were right up against Hyacinth's place, but we are about 40 yards away from her house, and Wispa is much more laid back and quiet than she used to be. She only kicks off if someone comes up the drive to the yard gate, or obviously stands and stares at the house.

All the minis are moving out for the summer anyway, just as soon as the grass grows in their other grazing places. I don't think it will make H any happier though. Before we came she got upset about weeds and badgers coming over from here. :rolleyes:

Good that Archie likes his new walkers :)

Sounds like Starbuck could do with a job to do! We've always said that Rosie would have made a fabulous sniffer dog, but a rubbish guide dog!

Sorry about your difficult neighbour Phebe, it makes life a bit miserable to think that someone is watching and judging all the time :GroupHug: . How's your ankle doing now?

Edited by Karen

Phebe...I could come and see you and bring Rosie if you like...she can bark/wail/shriek for England, possibly the world, After we'd gone, Wispa would be such a relief the neighbour would never utter another word! :laugh: You are too nice, I'd tell the ruddy woman where to go, how to get there, and what to do when she arrived!

I am at mums - this is the worst I have ever seen her - tbh had she not already got an appointment first thing to see the consultant I think I'd have rung for a bed for her, as it is I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to admit her tomorrow. She definately needs blood shes very weak, trembly, in a lot of discomfort from all her mouth and throat ulcers and barely able to swallow liquids and even liquids cause her pain so shes not been eating just having fortisip. For once shes even saying she thinks she needs to be in hospital so they can sort her out - which is a clear sign that she really isnt well, I have my doubts about her being able to walk from the car to the chemo ward so will be looking for a wheelchair when we get there.

I am at mums - this is the worst I have ever seen her - tbh had she not already got an appointment first thing to see the consultant I think I'd have rung for a bed for her, as it is I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to admit her tomorrow. She definately needs blood shes very weak, trembly, in a lot of discomfort from all her mouth and throat ulcers and barely able to swallow liquids and even liquids cause her pain so shes not been eating just having fortisip. For once shes even saying she thinks she needs to be in hospital so they can sort her out - which is a clear sign that she really isnt well, I have my doubts about her being able to walk from the car to the chemo ward so will be looking for a wheelchair when we get there.

Aw, your poor mum, Snow. I hope they manage to make her more comfortable tomorrow. Thinking of you both.

Morning all :flowers:

snow, thinking of your poor mum, hope they can make her more comfortable.

Ankle is mending slowly. Trying not to do to much, but a dog of Diesel's description has been seen close to J29 several times so we are off to do a SHORT bit of tracking. Just want to see if the scent is one which Wispa recognises.

Yes, Starbuck does indeed need a job, or else a very active home with lots for a dog to do.

:GroupHug: good thoughts for you and your Mother Snow.

Good luck with tracking down Diesel :flowers:

Can we see a picture of Starbuck? Or has one already been posted and I've missed the clever chap?

I am awaiting a visit from social services to do an assessment on the house, I am hoping they don't put up too many barricades so my Mother can come home!

Positive thoughts for Snows mum, It must be such a worry when you have plenty already with her being ill. :GroupHug:

Good luck Steph with the SS.Its not coincidence they have these initials. Try changing tack and refuse to have your mum home. I bet they will spend all day persuading you to take her

Snow I am sorry to hear your mum is not very well. I hope they get her in today and she's soon feeling much better Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Steph good luck with your SS meaning and I agree with Lesley about their initials not being a coincidence. My cousin ended up doing a lot of shouting at them regarding her grandma and boy did they jump through hoops to accommodate her. It's not the way it should be but it worked for her rolleyes.gif

Owl you have all my sympathy over your twatty neighbour. As my American friend frequently reminds me "you can't fix stupid" laugh.gif

Archie went off at 11am with the dog walker who he greeted enthusiastically biggrin.gif He's still going to be on lead today because they want to be sure that he knows them well enough to come back to them and that he knows that he can trust them and they him. I'll feel better when I know he's having off lead walks though as the boy needs to run! I am happy however that they are being cautious.