UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Job Update

gooster

Done it :biggrin:

The director I wanted to hand it in to wasn't in today, so had to give it to the other director. He asked me why I was leaving, so I told him straight. I explained I am not a commercial person and will not give spex to someone who doesn't need them or doesn't want them. I will not be told I am not capable of doing my job just because my conversion is going through a bad patch.

Never realised how well liked amongst the other staff I was though until today! Everyone is really surprised and have said they'll miss me! Last day i think will be 14th may.

Done it :biggrin:

The director I wanted to hand it in to wasn't in today, so had to give it to the other director. He asked me why I was leaving, so I told him straight. I explained I am not a commercial person and will not give spex to someone who doesn't need them or doesn't want them. I will not be told I am not capable of doing my job just because my conversion is going through a bad patch.

Never realised how well liked amongst the other staff I was though until today! Everyone is really surprised and have said they'll miss me! Last day i think will be 14th may.

Well done! :flowers:

The fact that you'll be missed is a lovely, positive thing to take from this experience. Wishing you all the best for the future!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just to update you all further....

Work is going really well, have been invited back to most of the practices that I have worked for. Now have regular days on a Monday and Saturday. Just potentially lined up a regular day for Thursdays too.... Another practice wants to speak to me about a regular Tuesday, which would be great. However that would take me to working 6 days, which is a big big no no! I might offer every other week to this other practice I am about to speak to and see if that would be acceptable to them. Then if I can get every other week at the Thursday practice, I can try and balance it so I just do 5 days per week....

This is a lovely dilemma to have, but not one I thought I would be having so early on!

• Like 2

Thanks, am really pleased! Spoken to the other practice, and they want me every week. The owner has a giant schnauzer and one of the main reasons they contacted me was because of my avatar picture (Charlie in a field!). So am just hoping now the Thursday practice will have me just every other week and I'll be sorted. I could alternatively cancel my regular Saturday, so I have weekends off...

• Like 1