UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Archie Bear - One Year On

Laurel n Hardy

I lost My big old bear Archie this time last year. he slipped away at 8am last year and it hurts as much now as it ever did.

Archie was my soul dog, the gentlest sweetest natured boy I have ever known and also my first ever dog that was just mine.

Cliffy was inherited, and his big sister Tessie turned up out of the blue as an emergency foster who stayed.

I would give anything to have him back and snoring again on the couch snuggled up to me.

Miss you my big old bear, look after your sister & mum for me please :mecry: :wub:

Thats Archie on the left sunbathing, he loved that, Tessie is on the right, both together at the bridge now, I lost her 11 days later, miss you too my princess :wub:

Dogpics2007160.jpg

Dogpics2007173.jpg

feeding time at my dads

Dogpics2007046.jpg

Edited by Laurel n Hardy

Seriously, 7 views and not one word of support !!!

It was my birthday last week, and as of last year I lost Archie and Tessie within days of each other, then in March of 2009 I lost my beautiful wife Lisa to cancer so this time of year, which should be nice (my birthday) is one I dread every single year.

No offence everyone but thats a F**k*ng bunch.

feeling pretty :grrr: :mecry: and :finger2: right now..

GOODBYE!

Thinking of you Nigel. I remember your sad times last year & prior :GroupHug:

Sorry, I am not on forums so much these days. My Dad has been diagnosed with mesothelioma (asbestos related lung cancer) so supporting my parents has taken over from my rescue involvement.

Archie was a lucky dog to be so loved. I hope happy memories gradually slip in and ease your pain :flowers:

Nige I have just seen this and did reply on your other tribute to Archie wub.gif

I think sometimes people get lost for words or too choked to respond but it doesn't mean no one cares Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Reading of your heartbreak brings back my own over George and my heart goes out too you but I don't know what to say to make it better other than I am thinking of you Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I'm not sure what to say. I hadn't read this till now but I am guilty of reading and not being sure what to write so writing nothing. However, when I was looking at the pictures I realised I think I have met you and your little ones outside the Dogstar Foundation stall at a dog show run by Helen somewhere out in the sticks. He came for a cuddle as I was manning the doggy lucky dip so doggy height!

:GroupHug:

This time of year sounds like a desperately sad time for you and my heart goes out to you. I believe that those we loose are always with us, but realise this doesn't help when you've lost so much in such a short space of time. People are around to support, but sometimes don't know how to or when to.

Love and peace to you and I hope you understand we do care.

Mxxx

Nige, I'm so sorry for all your losses. I can understand that at times when you want a hug and put yourself 'out there' and get nothing back in return it can hurt so much but please understand this, there are all different people on this forum and we all interact like pieces of a jigsaw. Everyone one of us goes into making up the border and then one by one we all slot into place with what we can offer. Those that are around and can offer hugs, come forward. Those that are around that can offer advise, come forward. However, there are some of us that can only afford to just 'pop in' every now and again, read and then pop out again. I am one of those that 'pop in and out'. I don't have the experience to help with the 'problem solving' so never respond to those posts but I will respond to the 'hugs required' posts when I do pop in. So NIge please don't think that we all don't care as there are some very loyal people on this forum and although I no longer have the time to visit as often as I would like I know that if I post that I need a hug I will get a hug and if I need advise I will get advise.

So Nige, from me to you I give you a very big hug and I hope that day by day, month by month, year by year your 'load' gets lighter and you can look back with fondness and look forward in antisipation of what is to come

Love

Tisaann xxx