UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

Steph have you done anything about your crush pain yet? Do I have to come down there to smack your arse and chase you to the doctors or A&E? Ah, just noticed that you have rung NHS direct so I will let you off laugh.gif

And very glad I did :laugh: didn't fancy a smacked arse on top of things :laugh:

Sorry you are all over hurty :( :GroupHug: I hope you feel better soon

I am hungry and have no willpower to move I have positioned myself so it doesn't hurt and fear moving :rolleyes:

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the :GroupHug:

Yantan, I think you're memory and mine must have met up somewhere and gone out on the razz...

Barney is singing and me and saying he must go out...... :wacko:

Just read on my FB groups that one pony has been orribly mutilated in Wales, and another person has just come back from checking her Cob in Cambs, and found his tail had been cut on one side (ie has he been marked for stealing) I just can't stand how horrid this world has become :mecry:

Edited by K9Fran

Glad you enjoyed your break Marion, despite the weather. :flowers:

:GroupHug: San

Good news indeed Snow :biggrin:

You're doing really well on your own with those jobs Alex, I don't think I can even lift a slab! :ohmy:

Glad you're getting sorted Owl, and hope you get Polly's ashes back soon. :flowers:

Ouchy Steph!, seems like you have no option, but to rest. :flowers:

well done Murtle, your exercise regime looks good.

:biggrin:

Wonder where your loft visitors have gone Phoebejo :unsure:

i no longer have ulcers on my throat and am feeling much better. Last July, I paid for an overnight stay in Henley in Arden (via Groupon) and could only get this weekend. Anyhoo, decided to go rather than waste the money, so we went last night after tea, had breakfast this morning, went for a walk round the churchyard and came home! Weren't even gone 24 hours :laugh: ( A bottle of wine was also included, so we brought that back home).

Wasn't quite the weekend away we had looked forward to, but it was nice to get out of the house.

Keith has just paid our allotment fee for another year, or as he calls it, Our gym! Need to get back to the plot soon and get going again. Best £18 you could ever spend

I have done some cooking today, lasagne, beef stew and roast chicken. I have missed out on tasty food for a week, so I got a bit carried away. :laugh:

Feeling really negative today - fed up with OH dragging me down with his negative attitude - for example, told him I'd suggested #1 son look at lock smith apprenticeships - his response was 'he'll never do it'........ I really wonder why I bother. I had a dream the other day that I married my 1st fiance and was blissfully happy - his response - but you're happy now! He was telling me how I felt!! He wasn't listening...

:GroupHug:

Fran

I have sat on the side of my bed in the early hours for the last two nights weeping with the pain of my hips, back and now my right knee. I have a rash on my right foot and my left foot and ankle have ballooned up despite me taking a water tablet. I would like to start making a recovery soon.

:GroupHug:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to all all those in need today, did read back through, but didn't want to miss anyone out :flowers:

Steph, I have hurt my ribs twice over the years. Once whilst lifting a flyball box and then last year whilst having a major coughing fit. Both times it was agony. Best advice I can give is use a heat pad over the area and use anti inflammatories. The first time I was given diclofenac and cocodamol. I was floating on air with those :laugh:

Mum and dad have been to my house to see if they can find out what's leaking, there seems to be a valve that is leaking :(

Ted has been on one today, charging around everywhere at a million miles an hour.

Sending good thoughts to all hurty Fugees :GroupHug:

Had a call from my friend Mary back in Wales, the one who had to battle to get stroke rehab for her son. He had further heart attacks and died earlier this year. And now Mary has ovarian cancer :mecry: but it has been caught early and with any luck will be treatable. It's such a shame she has to go through all this, having nursed her disabled husband for years until he died in 08, then losing her son. She is quite cheerful and says she doesn't feel too bad at all.

Morning :tired:

Mum and dad have been to my house to see if they can find out what's leaking, there seems to be a valve that is leaking :(

Glad you found the source of the leak. Where was the valve? flowers.gif

It's such a shame she has to go through all this, having nursed her disabled husband for years until he died in 08, then losing her son. She is quite cheerful and says she doesn't feel too bad at all.

Sending positive/healing thoughts for Mary flowers.gif

Edited by merledogs

Sending positive thoughts for your friend Phebe flowers.gif

Rant Warning!

Bloody council! I took possession of my brother's old 3 piece suite on the 21st Dec (it's not very old and in immaculate condition, far superior to my old 17 year old suite.)

Anyway I went online that day and booked a bulky removal with the local council. The site was pants and wouldn't let me pay with my Visa debit card so I had to take the "we will call you to take payment over the phone" option. I gave them specific times as to when the best times were to call. Although I have been away in Scotland Ruby was here and swears no one has phoned and that she only went out with Archie at the times I had specified when no one would be here.

Realising that they are supposed to come tomorrow and no payment has yet been made I phoned them this morning. I got a surly woman who's attitude got my back up right away. Cutting a long story short she was adamant they had phoned and getting no reply they had cancelled the removal! I'll bet they only phoned once and didn't try again rolleyes.gif

The next available date is the 24th January. I couldn't believe it. We have had the old suite sitting in the garden all over Christmas and new year and it looks like some chav household. I was so mad - mostly because of her couldn't-care-less attitude I told her not to bother re-booking it. But I have cut my nose off to spite my face and now need to find some nice person with a van who will run it to the tip for me rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your kind thoughts for Mary. Will keep you posted.

Today I am going out, have lift to Worksop for the afternoon and then back again. Will enjoy borrowing mum's scooter to go down the shopping precinct. Whether the residents of Worksop will enjoy having a white van driver hitting town on a mobility scooter is another matter. :D

Sending positive thoughts for your friend Phebe flowers.gif

Rant Warning!

Bloody council! I took possession of my brother's old 3 piece suite on the 21st Dec (it's not very old and in immaculate condition, far superior to my old 17 year old suite.)

Anyway I went online that day and booked a bulky removal with the local council. The site was pants and wouldn't let me pay with my Visa debit card so I had to take the "we will call you to take payment over the phone" option. I gave them specific times as to when the best times were to call. Although I have been away in Scotland Ruby was here and swears no one has phoned and that she only went out with Archie at the times I had specified when no one would be here.

Realising that they are supposed to come tomorrow and no payment has yet been made I phoned them this morning. I got a surly woman who's attitude got my back up right away. Cutting a long story short she was adamant they had phoned and getting no reply they had cancelled the removal! I'll bet they only phoned once and didn't try again rolleyes.gif

The next available date is the 24th January. I couldn't believe it. We have had the old suite sitting in the garden all over Christmas and new year and it looks like some chav household. I was so mad - mostly because of her couldn't-care-less attitude I told her not to bother re-booking it. But I have cut my nose off to spite my face and now need to find some nice person with a van who will run it to the tip for me rolleyes.gif

I suppose if it's been sitting in the garden for weeks it will be too far gone to offer on Freecycle?

Goodness knows what they charge, but I found this company below on Gumtree (and - cruelly - had to cut and paste for the spelling alone... :rolleyes: )

"ANY Rubbish/Waste Removals Fully Liciensed And Council Approved Call Today 07762849244/07845830160

Cumbria

ANY Rubbish on 07762849244/07845830160

ANY Rubbish Removals

Fully Liciensed And Council Approved

No Job To Big Or Small From Single Items To Full Loads

No Need For A Skip When We Load And Take Away For You Especially Were Skips Carnt Go We Can."

Liz.