UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Kindle Books

celeste

I finally succumbed to the allure of a kindle some weeks ago, so far I've read a book ( and it's sequel ) called Rivers of London, really good first time author, story's about a young cop in london who can see ghosts and gets drafted into the Met's version of the X Files, oh, and he turns out to be a bit of a wizard too, I liked it as it didn't take itself to seriously, quite funny in parts. I also read, Delete This at Your Peril, hilarious true e mails between a man in Dundee and various scam artists from around the world, he decides to take them on at their own game, laugh out loud funny and left me wishing I had some scam mail I could have some fun with rolleyes.gif, it's also been turned into a radio series with the part of the author played by Brian Cox . I'm now reading one called The Edinburgh Dead, set in the 1800's and is a creepy tale of body snatchers, zombies and black magic set in my home town Embrae

. I've given up on Amazon's recommendations after buying a book about a werewolf that got rave revues but turned out to be a complete turkey glare.gif.

so any suggestions for spooky/funny, not necessarily at the same time, books ?

i am well jell :laugh: :laugh: i had been thinking about a kindle for a while but thought i had better start saving for my bike license and a scooter.... now i am thinking i might just blow some of my savings on a kindle as i quite like the sound of those books.

don't know if this thread will be of any use to you but chickentikka linked to a place that has loads of ebooks for kobo readers (would that be the same format as a kindle??)

http://www.therefugeforums.org.uk/forums/index.php/topic/51240-books-versus-e-readers/

probably of no use but there you go :laugh: :laugh:

I agree with Loobie, look at the top 100 free books. That's always my first port of call when I need a new book! I have slightly different book taste to you, but one to avoid is Dear Air 2000. It had good reviews (put on by the author's family I assume). It is just about a man writing to different airlines putting in requests for stupid things and wasting people's time getting them to reply. V annoying!

• 2 weeks later...

The Facebook Serial Killer, great book!!!! Part one is free and part two in 99p or something like that.

I have also read Warhorse, which IMO is a must read.

I decided when I got my Kindle, that I would download some classics (many of which are free). I read Alice in Wonderland the other week.