UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Stress-Less

Pendlewitch

Jumble is poorly again, very depressed, threw up this morning and now won't eat. He looks awful, really sad and miserable. The only thing he is gettting apart from food is the stress-less, I did notice he had slightly runny poo on Sunday, the vomiting is a new thing. He's only getting one tablet a day which is about half the dose for his weight, I've Googled it and after much trawling it would seem that the magnesium is the culprit. Has anyone had similar problems or is Jumble a one off?

Thanks owl, I'll give her a ring. I spoke to the vet again this morning and to be honest he was not much help, he just sugggested trying steroids as this may help if he has a brain tumour but again pushed the idea of an MRI.

I have to admit that Jumble is not an easy patient, he becomes hysterical very easily and the vet is unable to touch him, for his last blood test he had to be sedated and that involved holding him while injecting into his scruff and that would nearly send him into orbit! There is just no way he would have anyone touch his legs never mind stick a needle in his vein! I'm not going to give him any medication at all for a while as I have to see if he comes back to what is normal for Jumble once the Stress-Less gets out of his system.

Does anyone know what is the procedure for an MRI, I'm assuming he would need sedation but for how long etc. Any info would be great!

I've used Stress-less on Daisy with no side effects, but that doesn't mean much, nothing seems to affect my Monkey kid.

Daisy has also had an MRI and yes they do need knocking out, I don't know how long it took as she was having other stuff done and was away over night. I have had one myself though and that took half an hour and was for my guts, you just have to lie in this big tube while they take the shots, it's not distressing in the slightest, unless you had claustaphobia, then it would be hell.

Hope he picks up soon flowers.gif

I had a brilliant and very quick response about the Stress-Less and the concensus is that the magnesium is highly likely to be the culprit. The advice is to give Jumble some time to recover totally and then try the green lipped muscle product, this has had good results on joint problems. Jumba is much better this morning and boinging about with a super waggy tail! :biggrin: